It is currently March 29th, 2024, 2:34 pm

Patches for All Steampunk Weather Skins by Mordasius

Weather skins
SilverAzide
Rainmeter Sage

Patches for All Steampunk Weather Skins by Mordasius

Post by SilverAzide »

Upon discovering the magical Rainmeter Engine, one often encounters the great Works of the legendary Mordasius, creator of Machines so ingenious one wonders if they were spawned in some distant Future. Who among us hasn't marvelled agog at the Magnificence of the Geocentric Tellurion, or stood aghast and Perplexed at the sight of the Midsummer Chronophage?

Alas, one such Device, the enigmatic Weather machine, has ceased to function. I have dared to open this Mechanism and examine its internal Integuments. After consulting dusty Codices of the Great Engineer and incorporating the Arcane Knowledge of Chief Scientist J. S. Morley, I have altered the Interworkings of its Inner Mechanisms, and have restored the Machine to its former Function. Now, belching noxious Fumes and stinging Sparks from its coal-fired heart, it once again rumbles to life, gears whirling and clashing under the Industrial Might of the modern Steam Engine, emitting at Ten Minute intervals its Mysterious Prognostications and Predictions of the Future for all who would take Notice.

So, at the risk of offending one of my Rainmeter Heroes, Mordasius, I hereby present:
Gadgets Wiki GitHub More Gadgets...
SilverAzide
Rainmeter Sage

Cogs, Tubes, & Gauges - Weather Patch

Post by SilverAzide »

Main.jpg

Beware! This skin is merely a Patch. One must acquire and install the Complete Suite of Cogs, Tubes, & Gauges, then install this Patch to repair the mighty Weather machine.

Once the Patch is installed, right-click the Weather device and select the "Configure..." menu option to enter the location code of your choice after first carefully reading the advice of Sir Morley. Refresh the skin, and Behold the Machine's Proclamations.

The suite has been updated! Get the latest version here: Cogs, Tubes, & Gauges.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by SilverAzide on April 5th, 2020, 3:33 pm, edited 4 times in total.
SilverAzide
Rainmeter Sage

Big, Bold, & Brassy - Weather Patch

Post by SilverAzide »

Main.jpg
Big, Bold, & Brassy - Weather Patch

Hark! This skin is merely a Patch. One must acquire and install the Complete Suite of Big, Bold, & Brassy, then install this Patch to repair the mighty Weather machine.

Once the Patch is installed, right-click the Weather device and select the "Configure..." menu option to enter the location code of your choice after first carefully reading the advice of Sir Morley. Refresh the skin, and Behold the Machine's Proclamations.

The suite has been updated! Get the latest version here: Big, Bold, & Brassy.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by SilverAzide on April 6th, 2020, 1:08 pm, edited 4 times in total.
SilverAzide
Rainmeter Sage

Rusty Plates and Pipes - Weather Patch

Post by SilverAzide »

Main.jpg
Rusty Plates and Pipes - Weather Patch

Take heed! This skin is merely a Patch. One must acquire and install the Complete Rusty Plates and Pipes - a Steampunk HUD, then install this Patch to repair the mighty Weather machine.

Once the Patch is installed, right-click the Weather device and select the "Change Weather Settings" menu option to enter the location code of your choice after first carefully reading the advice of Sir Morley. Refresh the skin, and Behold the Machine's Proclamations.

The suite has been updated! Get the latest version here: Rusty Plates and Pipes - a Steampunk HUD.
Last edited by SilverAzide on April 6th, 2020, 1:10 pm, edited 3 times in total.
SilverAzide
Rainmeter Sage

Steel Plates with Pipes - Weather Patch

Post by SilverAzide »

Main.jpg
Steel Plates with Pipes - Weather Patch

Observe! This skin is merely a Patch. One must acquire and install the Complete Steel Plates with Pipes - a Dieselpunk HUD, then install this Patch to repair the mighty Weather machine.

Once the Patch is installed, right-click the Weather device and select the "Change Weather Settings" menu option to enter the location code of your choice after first carefully reading the advice of Sir Morley. Refresh the skin, and Behold the machine's Proclamations.

NOTE: This suite includes a location setting skin, which uses the Wxdata feed and thus is also broken. I have not restored the function of this skin at this time, and this patch will abandon the skin in place.

The suite has been updated! Get the latest version here: Steel Plates with Pipes - a Dieselpunk HUD.
Last edited by SilverAzide on April 6th, 2020, 1:15 pm, edited 6 times in total.
SilverAzide
Rainmeter Sage

Alice Reworked - Weather Patch

Post by SilverAzide »

Main.jpg
Alice Reworked - Weather Patch

The Morley and The Mordasius*

The sun was shining on the sea, shining with all his might:
He did his very best to make the billows smooth and bright —
And this was odd, because it was the middle of the night.

The sea was wet as wet could be, the sands were dry as dry.
You could not see a cloud, because no cloud was in the sky:
No weather skins were working now — no Wxdata was the reason why.

The Morley and the Mordasius were walking close at hand;
They wept like anything to see such quantities of broken weather skins:
"If only there was a free API, not bought out by a soulless massively wealthy tech company,"
They said, "it would be grand!"

"If seven developers with seven laptops coded for half a year,
Do you suppose," the Morley said, "That they could make a decent API that was free and clear?"
"I doubt it," said the Mordasius, and shed a bitter tear.

"O Rainmeter devs, come and parse with us!" the Morley did beseech.
"A simple include, or maybe two, and a sample for all to teach:
We cannot make it simpler than that, to give a hand to each."

A few young Developers hurried up, all eager for the treat:
Their coats were brushed, their faces washed, their regexps were clean and neat —
And this was odd, because, you know, they'd been eating Cool Ranch Doritos for a week.

Four other Developers followed them, and yet another four;
And thick and fast they came at last, and more, and more, and more —
All parsing though the data streams, no longer such a chore.

"The time has come," the Morley said, "To talk of many things:
Of WebParsers — and regexps — of substitutes and strings —
And why include files make building weather skins a snap — and whether pigs have wings."

"O Developers," said the Mordasius, "You've had a pleasant run!
Shall we be retrofitting weather skins again?" But answer came there none —
And this was scarcely odd, because they'd fixed up every one.

This skin is only a patch. You must first install the Alice - Reworked suite, then install this patch to repair the Weather skin.

Once the patch is installed, right-click the skin and select the "Configure..." menu option to enter the location code of your choice after first carefully reading the advice of The Morley. Refresh the skin to show your selected location.

(* with apologies to Lewis Carroll ...and everyone else in the world)

The suite has been updated! Get the latest version here: Alice - Reworked.
Last edited by SilverAzide on April 6th, 2020, 1:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
eclectic-tech
Rainmeter Sage

Re: Patches for All Steampunk Weather Skins by Mordasius

Post by eclectic-tech »

I can't wait 'til Mordasius see these! :o :lol: ;-)

Nice work SilverAzide! :thumbup:
Mordasius

Re: Cogs, Tubes, & Gauges - Weather Patch

Post by Mordasius »

SilverAzide wrote: April 4th, 2020, 4:41 am
Beware! This skin is merely a Patch.
Many many thanks for this SilverAzide. I spent 3-4 hours converting the Cogs Tubes and Gauges weather skin yesterday but you finished and posted all of the patches before I'd even finished one skin. I've incorporated your patch in an update of the Cogs Tubes and Gauges suite posted on DA.

I did make a couple of tweaks the most significant of which was to add a custom substitute for the Compass Wind Direction measures. Using

WindDirections='"':"","^null$":"","VAR":"S","N/A":"","CALM":"Calm","S":"South","N":"North","E":"East","W":"West","NorthNorthWest":"NNW","WestNorthWest":"WNW","WestSouthWest":"WSW","SouthSouthWest":"SSW","SouthSouthEast":"SSE","EastSouthEast":"ESE","EastNorthEast":"ENE","NorthNorthEast":"NNE"

Gives a "Gentle Breeze from the North" and a "Fresh Gale from the SouthWest" rather than a "Gentle Breeze from the N" and a "Fresh Gale from the SW".

Thanks once again.. I'll get on to updating the other suites later today.
SilverAzide
Rainmeter Sage

Re: Cogs, Tubes, & Gauges - Weather Patch

Post by SilverAzide »

Mordasius wrote: April 5th, 2020, 3:34 am I did make a couple of tweaks the most significant of which was to add a custom substitute for the Compass Wind Direction measures. Using

WindDirections='"':"","^null$":"","VAR":"S","N/A":"","CALM":"Calm","S":"South","N":"North","E":"East","W":"West","NorthNorthWest":"NNW","WestNorthWest":"WNW","WestSouthWest":"WSW","SouthSouthWest":"SSW","SouthSouthEast":"SSE","EastSouthEast":"ESE","EastNorthEast":"ENE","NorthNorthEast":"NNE"

Gives a "Gentle Breeze from the North" and a "Fresh Gale from the SouthWest" rather than a "Gentle Breeze from the N" and a "Fresh Gale from the SW".

Thanks once again.. I'll get on to updating the other suites later today.
Oops, dang it. Yes, I actually added that along with "wrapper/overload" measures into one (or more?) of the skins I did later, but your substitute above is actually the proper one because I forgot about the nulls. In any case, I'll remove the patches once they are no longer needed, so there won't be any confusion.
Mordasius

Re: Patches for All Steampunk Weather Skins by Mordasius

Post by Mordasius »

SilverAzide wrote: April 4th, 2020, 4:42 am Big, Bold, & Brassy
and
SilverAzide wrote: April 4th, 2020, 4:45 am Alice Reworked
and
SilverAzide wrote: April 4th, 2020, 4:43 am Rusty Plates and Pipes
and
SilverAzide wrote: April 4th, 2020, 4:44 am Steel Plates with Pipes - Dieselpunk-HUD
Have been patched and updated on DA. I've added a location picker using Time&Date.com to search for locations rather than having to enter the weather code or latitude/longitude manually on Steel plates with pipes - Dieselpunk-HUD. This still needs a little extra work but at least the weather skin is working and it is a little easier to set the location.