It is currently May 26th, 2020, 9:46 am

⭐ Weather.com

Post your work-in-progress and completed skins to share and discuss.
Yincognito

Re: ⭐ Weather.com

Post by Yincognito »

balala wrote:
May 22nd, 2020, 1:00 pm
Yep, it does.
Yeah, just checked it out and it's using mostly the HTML part, that's the explanation for it working. My question was more like "does a JSON weather skin still works for you?" ... since we are both located in the same "geographical region" (so what doesn't work for me shouldn't work for you and viceversa). I noticed only afterwards that you were referring to a specific skin that was using mostly the HTML part, thus the slightly misplaced question...
iron2000

Post by iron2000 »

Nope.
ASTRO Weather not working for me.
Not working on install and not working after I input the long code from the Weather.com url.

xenium

Post by xenium »

iron2000 wrote:
May 22nd, 2020, 2:04 pm
Nope.
ASTRO Weather not working for me.
Not working on install and not working after I input the long code from the Weather.com url.
Use my skin Weather Zone which uses Yahoo as a source, until the TWC issue is fixed.
https://www.deviantart.com/xxenium/art/Weather-Zone-839196540
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

Yincognito wrote:
May 22nd, 2020, 1:26 pm
Yeah, just checked it out and it's using mostly the HTML part, that's the explanation for it working. My question was more like "does a JSON weather skin still works for you?" ... since we are both located in the same "geographical region" (so what doesn't work for me shouldn't work for you and viceversa). I noticed only afterwards that you were referring to a specific skin that was using mostly the HTML part, thus the slightly misplaced question...
No, the JSON weather skin is also working. Bellow you can see jsmorley's WeatherComJSON:
Weather3.png
So, yep, works as well, for my location.
But it works for yours as well:
Weather4.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
NadirWe

Post by NadirWe »

Doesn't work for me, even after restarts. also, I am on Win7, no updates.
xenium

Post by xenium »

NadirWe wrote:
May 22nd, 2020, 3:09 pm
Doesn't work for me, even after restarts. also, I am on Win7, no updates.
Use my skin Weather Zone which uses Yahoo as a source, until the TWC issue is fixed.
https://www.deviantart.com/xxenium/art/Weather-Zone-839196540
Yincognito

Post by Yincognito »

balala wrote:
May 22nd, 2020, 2:28 pm
No, the JSON weather skin is also working. Bellow you can see jsmorley's WeatherComJSON:
Weather3.png
So, yep, works as well, for my location.
But it works for yours as well:
Weather4.png
From your location, maybe, but not from mine:
WeatherComJSON.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
gerryex

Post by gerryex »

Hi ALL,

I think i started the topic in this thread about the weather.com skin not working for me and unfortunately so far today its still not working. One of the posts suggested i needed to spell my location as Land O' Lakes vs just Land O Lakes. But I also tried Tampa, Florida and that location also cannot be found.

I will try the newer version of the Gadgets but I have only a few minutes on my PC right now as I have a bunch of errands to do today. But i will try all of the suggestions later and post my results.

Thanks again to ALL for you suggestions and help.
Gerry
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

gerryex wrote:
May 22nd, 2020, 4:30 pm
I think i started the topic in this thread about the weather.com skin not working for me and unfortunately so far today its still not working. One of the posts suggested i needed to spell my location as Land O' Lakes vs just Land O Lakes. But I also tried Tampa, Florida and that location also cannot be found.

I will try the newer version of the Gadgets but I have only a few minutes on my PC right now as I have a bunch of errands to do today. But i will try all of the suggestions later and post my results.
Have you tried restarting Rainmeter? Try it, if you didn't so far.
gerryex

Post by gerryex »

balala wrote:
May 22nd, 2020, 5:09 pm
Have you tried restarting Rainmeter? Try it, if you didn't so far.
I have re-booted several times but still no joy!! I'm on my phone right now so I can't try anything until I get home.

Gerry