It is currently March 28th, 2024, 10:26 pm

⭐ Weather.com

Weather skins
Active Colors

Re: ⭐ Weather.com

Post by Active Colors »

Thank you jsmorley for this skin and keeping it updated and other people for the common effort to keep this updated and simple for other users. Much love.
dgmele

Post by dgmele »

Active Colors wrote: June 26th, 2020, 9:55 am Thank you jsmorley for this skin and keeping it updated and other people for the common effort to keep this updated and simple for other users. Much love.
A resounding second!
ississi

Post by ississi »

Hi, newbie question: I love weather.com, but how do I get it to show 5 days of weather please? I've changed the ini to use @Include3=#@#WeatherComJSONMeasures5Day.inc
and refreshed, what do i need to do next, please?
Many thanks
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

ississi wrote: July 2nd, 2020, 9:19 am Hi, newbie question: I love weather.com, but how do I get it to show 5 days of weather please? I've changed the ini to use @Include3=#@#WeatherComJSONMeasures5Day.inc
and refreshed, what do i need to do next, please?
Many thanks
There is no way to do this that is just a click or two. You are going to have to edit the skin.

You can scroll down in the meters and find [MeterTomorrowIcon], then copy from there down to the bottom and paste a copy at the bottom of the skin. Then go through all those copied meters, and change the section names from like [MeterTomorrowIcon] to [MeterDay3Icon], doing that for all meters. Then change the MeasureName values from like MeasureName=@ForecastDay2DayIcon to MeasureName=@ForecastDay3DayIcon, doing that for all meters.

Repeat this again for Day 4 and Day 5, following the same approach.

Once you are done, you will need to increase the height of the background shape:

Code: Select all

[MeterAllBackground]
Meter=Shape
Shape=Rectangle 0.5,0.5,169,322,12 | Fill Color #BackgroundColor# | StrokeWidth 1.5 | Stroke Color #FrameColor#
X=0
W=170
H=323
Changing the height of 322 in the Shape, and the height of the meter in H.

Then refresh...

While this is not a trivial amount of work, it's a BUNCH easier due to the @Include file approach that eliminates having to do all this for all the "measures" as well as the "meters". It's a lot of copy/paste/change to get the new meters you need, but really pretty straightforward.
dgmele

Post by dgmele »

Any chance of a measures file for hourly weather?
ississi

Post by ississi »

jsmorley wrote: July 2nd, 2020, 1:34 pm There is no way to do this that is just a click or two. You are going to have to edit the skin.

You can scroll down in the meters and find [MeterTomorrowIcon], then copy from there down to the bottom and paste a copy at the bottom of the skin. Then go through all those copied meters, and change the section names from like [MeterTomorrowIcon] to [MeterDay3Icon], doing that for all meters. Then change the MeasureName values from like MeasureName=@ForecastDay2DayIcon to MeasureName=@ForecastDay3DayIcon, doing that for all meters.

Repeat this again for Day 4 and Day 5, following the same approach.

Once you are done, you will need to increase the height of the background shape:

Code: Select all

[MeterAllBackground]
Meter=Shape
Shape=Rectangle 0.5,0.5,169,322,12 | Fill Color #BackgroundColor# | StrokeWidth 1.5 | Stroke Color #FrameColor#
X=0
W=170
H=323
Changing the height of 322 in the Shape, and the height of the meter in H.

Then refresh...

While this is not a trivial amount of work, it's a BUNCH easier due to the @Include file approach that eliminates having to do all this for all the "measures" as well as the "meters". It's a lot of copy/paste/change to get the new meters you need, but really pretty straightforward.

Thank you! :-) :-)
Nekayah

Post by Nekayah »

gfgzh.png
The skin has stopped working for me, and I've been getting this error in the log. It's actively updating with this error, only while the skin is loaded.

I've tried reloading skin, reloading Rainmeter, clearing Internet Explorer cache and cookies.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Nekayah on July 31st, 2020, 4:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

Nekayah wrote: July 31st, 2020, 4:15 pm gfgzh.png

The addon has stopped working for me, and I've been getting this error in the log. It's actively updating with this error, only while the addon is loaded.
https://forum.rainmeter.net/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=35770#p180632
Nekayah

Post by Nekayah »

Oh my god, again! Thank you for replying and working on it. Sorry to spam with this, I didn't realize.
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

Ok, I think I have fully addressed the new issues with the weather.com site.

Please get the .rmskin in the first post of this thread.

ONE IMPORTANT NOTE!

The new approach of using the API for the weather.com JSON requires a change to how you access a particular location.

All of the location "codes", like USVA0944 or bbd510e73cb5870f973cea9253bb1f9bfe239a129dfc2b89589cbb6d2d46b4bc or 22308 and such are NO LONGER SUPPORTED.

The new approach requires that you provide a Latitude and Longitude in the WeatherComJSONVariables.inc file. See that file for details on how you can get that for your location.

Please read WeatherCOMJSONVariables.inc carefully, it HAS changed.