It is currently August 10th, 2020, 4:17 pm

⭐ Weather.com

Post your work-in-progress and completed skins to share and discuss.
eclectic-tech
Rainmeter Sage

Re: ⭐ Weather.com

Post by eclectic-tech »

mrpnut wrote: June 15th, 2020, 4:47 pm Thank you, didn't see they had updated it! That fixed the problem for me!
With all the changes, it IS hard to keep up! :Whistle
Happy to help. :welcome:
JohnBurns

Post by JohnBurns »

I have just about given up using Rainmeter at least for weather. It seems to work for a while and then stops. I don't know anymore which skins are going to work and which ones will not. For now, guess I'll just give it (and me) a rest. :?
"They came first for the Communists, and I didn't speak up because I wasn't a Communist. Then they came for the Jews, and I didn't speak up because I wasn't a Jew. Then they came for the trade unionists, and I didn't speak up because I wasn't a trade unionist. Then they came for the Catholics, and I didn't speak up because I was a Protestant. Then they came for me, and by that time no one was left to speak up."Martin Niemöller
SilverAzide

Post by SilverAzide »

JohnBurns wrote: June 15th, 2020, 8:40 pm I have just about given up using Rainmeter at least for weather. It seems to work for a while and then stops. I don't know anymore which skins are going to work and which ones will not. For now, guess I'll just give it (and me) a rest. :?
Have you kept up with checking the latest here: https://forum.rainmeter.net/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=34689 ??
The skins signified by the green dot work with the latest weather.com data. Non-dotted non-weather.com skins should work too. A weather.com-based skin without a dot is probably broken (or the author has not contacted the OP). Finally, any weather.com-based skin with a release date before approximately June 5th 2020 is almost guaranteed to be broken.
Gadgets DeviantArt More...
JohnBurns

Post by JohnBurns »

Thanks, will do. I deleted all my old weather skins and updated with the "green" ones. Will try that for a while. Appreciate your suggestion.
"They came first for the Communists, and I didn't speak up because I wasn't a Communist. Then they came for the Jews, and I didn't speak up because I wasn't a Jew. Then they came for the trade unionists, and I didn't speak up because I wasn't a trade unionist. Then they came for the Catholics, and I didn't speak up because I was a Protestant. Then they came for me, and by that time no one was left to speak up."Martin Niemöller
nbtc971

Post by nbtc971 »

eclectic-tech wrote: June 15th, 2020, 7:35 pm With all the changes, it IS hard to keep up! :Whistle
Happy to help. :welcome:
Hello.. is there going to be a fix for the 1st day's high temp having "---" most of the time or is that an issue unique to me?
SilverAzide

Post by SilverAzide »

nbtc971 wrote: June 16th, 2020, 7:42 am Hello.. is there going to be a fix for the 1st day's high temp having "---" most of the time or is that an issue unique to me?
Must be you.... or the location you are using. The current version of this skin doesn't do this, AFAIK.
nbtc971

Post by nbtc971 »

SilverAzide wrote: June 16th, 2020, 12:04 pm Must be you.... or the location you are using. The current version of this skin doesn't do this, AFAIK.
Just went to the weather.com website and put in 3 different cities and they all returned --- for the high for today. So now I see it's probably not just me but also, it's a weather.com issue.

jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

nbtc971 wrote: June 16th, 2020, 9:17 pm Just went to the weather.com website and put in 3 different cities and they all returned --- for the high for today. So now I see it's probably not just me but also, it's a weather.com issue.

It's just how weather.com works. The high for today is a "forecast", and after a certain point in the afternoon, it doesn't make sense to try to "forecast" the "daytime", as that is now not a "forecast", but "history". So weather.com will return empty, null values for all the "forecast" values for "daytime" after a certain point.

The way I handle this in the skin this thread is about, is like this:

Code: Select all

[MeasureToggleAtNight]
Measure=String
Group=Weather
String=[@ForecastTodayDayTemperature]
DynamicVariables=1
IfMatch=^$
IfMatchAction=[!SetOption MeterTodayIcon MeasureName "@ForecastTodayNightIcon"][!SetOption MeterTodayName MeasureName "@ForecastTodayNightPart"][!SetOption MeterTodayHighLow MeasureName "@CurrentTemperatureMaxSince7AM"][!SetOption MeterTodayPrecipitation MeasureName "@ForecastTodayNightPrecipitationPercent"][!SetOption MeterTodayHighLow InlineSetting "Color | 160,160,160,255"]
IfNotMatchAction=[!SetOption MeterTodayIcon MeasureName "@ForecastTodayDayIcon"][!SetOption MeterTodayName MeasureName "@ForecastTodayDayPart"][!SetOption MeterTodayHighLow MeasureName "@ForecastTodayDayTemperature"][!SetOption MeterTodayPrecipitation MeasureName "@ForecastTodayDayPrecipitationPercent"][!SetOption MeterTodayHighLow InlineSetting "None"]
So if there is no temperature being returned for today "daytime", I use the values for "nighttime" instead.
SilverAzide

Post by SilverAzide »

nbtc971 wrote: June 16th, 2020, 9:17 pm Just went to the weather.com website and put in 3 different cities and they all returned --- for the high for today. So now I see it's probably not just me but also, it's a weather.com issue.
OK, that's not a bug... what you are seeing is that it is "night", so there's no more daytime forecast temperature. Once it is night (which weather.com has decided starts at 3 or 4? PM), it stops sending "forecast day data" and only sends "forecast night data". Many skins and even the weather.com site then put "--" for the temperature because there is no data (which makes sense as it is a forecast that is no longer applicable). This skin however, and some others, will instead switch over to using "max temp since 7AM" instead of reporting a blank or "--" value (this skin also dims the value to let you know as well).
dgmele

Post by dgmele »

This skin uses a similar idea but replaces the high | low temp with "Low" temp.
Today 1.jpg
Low.png
https://www.deviantart.com/dmele/art/Today-846263935
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by dgmele on June 23rd, 2020, 1:30 am, edited 2 times in total.