It is currently April 12th, 2021, 2:55 am

⭐ Weather.com

Weather skins
fonpaolo

Re: ⭐ Weather.com

Post by fonpaolo »

Wim wrote: May 28th, 2020, 3:16 pm Yes. It's the one i'm using.

I don't pretend to fully understand the issue. What's the thing with that 'CmsStates'. I was curious so i went to look, hence the post i made.

Sincere question: care to explain ?
In my case, since I always "play differently", I'll never download a complete webpage from any site, trusted or not with whatever it can have inside, so I download just the part I need and nothing else.
Wim

Post by Wim »

@fonpaolo OK. I got that bit by running your RegExp in RainRegExp. It works fine by the look of it.

I'll try this again when my weather skins are down to see what happens.
RainRegExp.PNG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Wim

Post by Wim »

@fonpaolo My weatherskins went down so i did another check on your regexp. This time it returned an error
RRE_Error_1.PNG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Yincognito

Post by Yincognito »

Wim wrote: May 29th, 2020, 10:59 am @fonpaolo My weatherskins went down so i did another check on your regexp. This time it returned an error

RRE_Error_1.PNG
Of course it did, because it's another format delivered to WebParser in this case. Like mentioned before, if your weather skins are still down and you didn't apply the fix yet, searching for getCMSLinkListUrlConfig (not the whole fonpaolo regex pattern, as most of the fields have slightly different names, order and grouping) will find it.
Wim

Post by Wim »

Yincognito wrote: May 29th, 2020, 11:38 am Of course it did, because it's another format delivered to WebParser in this case. Like mentioned before, if your weather skins are still down and you didn't apply the fix yet, searching for getCMSLinkListUrlConfig (not the whole fonpaolo regex pattern, as most of the fields have slightly different names, order and grouping) will find it.
My understanding was that fonpaolo attributed the fact that he hadn't had any problems yet to his regexp, so that explains my post.

I'll look for your code when the weather skins go down again since i already fixed it. I did a search right now since everything is working correctly and i didn't find it (as expected). I'll see if it turns up when the weather skins are down again (just visiting a page in IE generally makes that happen pretty quickly)
Last edited by Wim on May 29th, 2020, 12:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Wim

Post by Wim »

Bingo
Bingo.PNG

And for completeness sake: after i fixed it again i didn't find it
NotThere.PNG
Yincognito

Post by Yincognito »

Wim wrote: May 29th, 2020, 12:07 pmJust visiting a page in IE generally makes that happen pretty quickly.
Really? Is that what you used to "produce the issue" again? :???:
Wim

Post by Wim »

From bringing down the weather, making that screenshot and getting it fixed took under 10 minutes.

Yeah. If i type one or two websites in IE the weather skins go down within anything up to 10 minutes ...
Last edited by Wim on May 29th, 2020, 3:14 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Yincognito

Post by Yincognito »

Wim wrote: May 29th, 2020, 1:10 pm From bringing down the weather, making that screenshot and getting it fixed took under 10 minutes.

Yeah. If i type one or two websites in IE the weather skins go down within anything up to 10 minutes ...
That's very interesting.

If visiting any page (or a page, in general) in IE produces the issue again, then the whole thing becomes clearer, in my view. It might very well be that the issue is not related to the cookies from weather.com at all, but to some cookies which the Windows API-s that both IE (and possibly / probably Edge as well) and WebParser use to handle the internet thing are creating...

I believe this might be of interest to the developers. Just curious, visiting some random page in Edge has the same result (i.e. wether skins get broken), or does this happen only for IE?
Wim

Post by Wim »

I only tried IE but i can give it a try in Edge. Give me - say - half an hour. I should have some results by then ...