It is currently March 28th, 2024, 10:19 am

⭐ Weather.com

Weather skins
jsmorley
Developer

Re: ⭐ Weather.com

Post by jsmorley »

SilverAzide wrote: May 27th, 2020, 12:49 am My guess is they are rolling this out to the machines in their server farms in stages, so which flavor of JSON you get is a bit of a crapshoot depending on which way their load balancer decides at that particular millisecond. For now. Patience seems like a good plan at this point.
That may well be indeed.

God, I really don't want to have to parse this thing from scratch again. That is a fair to middling amount of work... ;-)
kring

Post by kring »

Hi everyone - just sharing that Weather gadget isn't working - I've done the IE cache clears and also used 3rd Party app to clear out all the windows stuff to. I cleared IE, Edge & Windows. still no resolution for me.

Let me know if there's anything I can do to help out or test.

I'm East Coast - Connecticut - if this is a regional thing.
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

kring wrote: May 27th, 2020, 5:13 pm Hi everyone - just sharing that Weather gadget isn't working - I've done the IE cache clears and also used 3rd Party app to clear out all the windows stuff to. I cleared IE, Edge & Windows. still no resolution for me.

Let me know if there's anything I can do to help out or test.

I'm East Coast - Connecticut - if this is a regional thing.
Try doing exactly this, no more, no less:

https://forum.rainmeter.net/viewtopic.php?f=118&t=35342#p177064
kring

Post by kring »

jsmorley wrote: May 27th, 2020, 5:18 pm Try doing exactly this, no more, no less:

https://forum.rainmeter.net/viewtopic.php?f=118&t=35342#p177064
OK, so that worked! the only difference was the waiting ~2 minutes. I previously did the same exact clearing multiple times and even did a reboot afterwards with no luck.
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Yincognito »

Now that's interesting, because I'm not even sure I waited a minute after doing the same...
gerryex

Post by gerryex »

Yincognito wrote: May 27th, 2020, 5:58 pm Now that's interesting, because I'm not even sure I waited a minute after doing the same...
Even more interesting as I already tried this once and it did NOT work. I just tried it again and waited for at least 5 minutes and still no joy!

I was one of the first to post that the Weather.com skins were not working and was told to delete the temps with CCleaner and at that time it DID work. It then was ok for several days and now failed a day or two ago. Since then NONE of the cleaning methods have gotten them working on my system. Very strange.

In the interim I'm using the Yahoo.com weather skin and that has been working just fine!

Gerry
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Yincognito »

gerryex wrote: May 27th, 2020, 6:08 pm Even more interesting as I already tried this once and it did NOT work. I just tried it again and waited for at least 5 minutes and still no joy!

I was one of the first to post that the Weather.com skins were not working and was told to delete the temps with CCleaner and at that time it DID work. It then was ok for several days and now failed a day or two ago. Since then NONE of the cleaning methods have gotten them working on my system. Very strange.

In the interim I'm using the Yahoo.com weather skin and that has been working just fine!

Gerry
That could help in isolating the problem, if lucky. Would you mind (if privacy concerns or whatever aren't an issue, of course) sharing:
- which browser do you use, or if you use more than one browser, also, if you're using Win10.
- use one of the tools I linked here to save / share what and how many cookies you have from weather.com recently? The NirSoft one is light and portable, so it might be preferable, as the latter one is more of a professional one, requiring installation and some light registering. I saved my cookies after making weather.com work again, so maybe some comparison between the two scenarios could help.
- just to make sure, use your latitude and longitude in this skin and let me know if you're getting a temperature.

P.S. You can send me a PM if those privacy concerns are high, by the way.
gerryex

Post by gerryex »

Yincognito wrote: May 27th, 2020, 7:39 pm That could help in isolating the problem, if lucky. Would you mind (if privacy concerns or whatever aren't an issue, of course) sharing:
- which browser do you use, or if you use more than one browser, also, if you're using Win10.
- use one of the tools I linked here to save / share what and how many cookies you have from weather.com recently? The NirSoft one is light and portable, so it might be preferable, as the latter one is more of a professional one, requiring installation and some light registering. I saved my cookies after making weather.com work again, so maybe some comparison between the two scenarios could help.
- just to make sure, use your latitude and longitude in this skin and let me know if you're getting a temperature.

P.S. You can send me a PM if those privacy concerns are high, by the way.
Hi!

One thing i can quickly answer: I am using Win 10 with all the latest updates. I haven't used IE in a long time. I was using MS Edge and an now using MS Chrome Edge (or whatever they are calling it!).

The other things I won't be able to get to today but will try to do them tomorrow and either post them or PM them to you.

Gerry
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Yincognito »

gerryex wrote: May 27th, 2020, 7:44 pm Hi!

One thing i can quickly answer: I am using Win 10 with all the latest updates. I haven't used IE in a long time. I was using MS Edge and an now using MS Chrome Edge (or whatever they are calling it!).

The other things I won't be able to get to today but will try to do them tomorrow and either post them or PM them to you.

Gerry
Okeydokey. Hopefully they'll be of some help.
SilverAzide
Rainmeter Sage

Post by SilverAzide »

gerryex wrote: May 27th, 2020, 7:44 pm One thing i can quickly answer: I am using Win 10 with all the latest updates. I haven't used IE in a long time. I was using MS Edge and an now using MS Chrome Edge (or whatever they are calling it!).

Hi Gerry... If you have a moment for some debugging, once you exit Rainmeter and clear the cache per the instructions, go into the @Resources folder for the skin you are using, and edit the file WeatherComJSONMeasures.inc file. At the top of the file, add the following lines to the [@EntireSiteSuperParent] measure:

Code: Select all

UserAgent="Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/83.0.4103.61 Safari/537.36"
ForceReload=1
THEN restart Rainmeter and see what happens.