It is currently March 28th, 2024, 10:21 am

SysInfo - Rainmeter desktop utilities using auto luascript .ini generation

A package of skins with a "theme" or by a single author
LGP123

SysInfo - Rainmeter desktop utilities using auto luascript .ini generation

Post by LGP123 »

Hi guys, it has been a while.
Today I am sharing my "Sysinfo" skin-pack, which I began working on pretty long ago (2017) and stopped working on many times. Still, most of included skins are working pretty well and I use them daily, so instead of them never getting published because I always am "working" on a 'subskin', I am sharing It now.
These skins (some of them) use what I call 'lua .ini generation'(=LIG), which is creating .ini files with a given number of meter, measure... 'dynamically' (just have to launch a 'init.x' skin that will run a script and will generate a skin accordingly to how many drives your PC has, CPU,... or given variables), see below for examples
Since I stopped working on my skins a quite often, there may be some 'residues' of previously made skins in them.

Global Overview
These skins are very modular with a lot of variables which you can edit in the Variable.inc (situated in the @Resource folder, or you can open it within the custom context menu (right click)) common file, all skins were made with the same theme which you can easily edit all at once in the Variable.inc file.
Middle clicking any of the skins' "title" will open SysInfo's skin folder.
These skins are meant to be on the desktop, with "Draggable" on (you can only move them by dragging their top).
Bin
Bin is a skin that will show Recycle bin related information, and will let you do action related to the bin.
  • As your recycle bin will fill up (according to Windows' registry maximum bin size), the bin shown will also fill up.
  • Clicking on the 'lid' should open the recycle bin in Windows explorer.
  • Clicking on the recycle icon will prompt the empty bin confirming window.
Memory
Memory is a simple skin that will show how much RAM and SWAP you are currently using.
  • No special functionality
Net
Net will show your current downloading and uploading speed.
Special settings
  • "NetMaxUp" and "NetMaxDl" in the Variable.inc file, maximum upload and download speed in bits.
ODrive
ODrive is a simple skin with two buttons that will open or close your optical drive (CD).
  • Click on the Eject button to open it, on the close button to close it.
Special settings
  • "OpticalDriveLetter" in the Variable.inc file : put the optical drive letter to open/close, if you have multiple optical drives.
Ping
Ping will display the latency (ping) in ms with some predefined IP addresses as a graph and the average ping over the whole loaded time.
  • Clicking the Capture to clipboard icon will save a screenshot of the skin in your clipboard.
Special settings
  • "MaxPing" in the Variable.inc file : meant to 'scale' the graph.
  • "ShownAddresses" in Variable.inc : number of IP pings to track.
  • "WebAddressN" and "WebAddressNLabel" in the Variable.inc file : add them to specify which IPs to track (meant to have at least the same number of Webadresses to track than "ShownAddresses").Note: I don't now anymore how it is supposed to work/ if it ever worked.
CPU
CPU is a skin which uses LIG to display the usage of all the CPU cores on your PC.
  • Displays the total CPU usage and the usage of each CPU cores.
Setting up
  • Just run the "Init.CPU.ini" skin beforehand.
Drives
Drives is a skin that uses LIG to display installed drives usage.
Special settings
  • "DrivesBlacklist" in Variable.inc : Put in there drives's letters you do not want to be showing (usb sticks, optical drives...).
Setting up
  • Edit the "DrivesBlacklist" settings accordingly to your preference.
  • Run the "Init.Drives.ini" skin.
Compatibility
SysInfo was made to work with any applocale, and should work with Rainmeter 4.3 (I tested them using Rainmeter 4.4 beta but I don't think it uses any new functionality).
Special thanks and final comments
I wanted to thank the Rainmeter community for its help thorough the forum, especially jsmorley, balala and SilverAzide.
This skinpack includes Nir Sofer's NirCmd freeware.
I also used some images from Freepik website.
Finally, I hope you guys will enjoy this partial skin pack :) (even tho it is not that good looking but well, I'm not a web-designer or whatever and you can easily custom them). Feel free to use my work as you please.
This skin pack is kind of a (functional) proof of concept of how to use LIG to its best. If you notice any mistakes, residues, or if you have any suggestions feel free to tell me.
I may do a LIG guide on this forum in the near future but I cannot guarantee it. Tell me if some of you are interested
I may also share a skin similar to "Nimi place" or "Stardock Fences" in the same theme that uses LIG to create custom independent fences, but I have some performance issues and is not quite finished.
Attachments
SysInfo_1.0.rmskin
Fixed an issue with "ODrive"
(195.74 KiB) Downloaded 324 times
Last edited by LGP123 on February 13th, 2020, 5:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
LGP123

Re: SysInfo - Rainmeter desktop utilities using auto luascript .ini generation

Post by LGP123 »

I reuploaded a rmskin package that fixes an issue with "ODrive"