It is currently March 28th, 2024, 3:49 pm

Speaking TextClock6 with Weather

Weather skins
Gyatsuku

Re: Speaking TextClock6 with Weather

Post by Gyatsuku »

Oh man, didn't know it was such a large scale issue.
Apologies for the unnecessary post and thanks for the quick reply.
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

Ok, I think I have fully addressed the new issues with the weather.com site.

Please get the .rmskin in the first post of this thread.

ONE IMPORTANT NOTE!

The new approach of using the API for the weather.com JSON requires a change to how you access a particular location.

All of the location "codes", like USVA0944 or bbd510e73cb5870f973cea9253bb1f9bfe239a129dfc2b89589cbb6d2d46b4bc or 22308 and such are NO LONGER SUPPORTED.

The new approach requires that you provide a Latitude and Longitude in the WeatherComJSONVariables.inc file. See that file for details on how you can get that for your location.

Please read WeatherCOMJSONVariables.inc carefully, it HAS changed.
Gneechee

Post by Gneechee »

YAY!

Thank you, Thank you, Thank you!

I was following the forums regarding this and all the roadblocks you guys ran into ... I sure am glad you kept at it and got it all figured out. And to think that it's free! You are amazing!

Oh ... in case you missed it above ... THANK YOU! :thumbup:

Now I just have to go back and redo my cosmetics (font, color, alignment, etc) changes ... but I'm not complaining!

Best regards,
GneeChee

p.s. if you decide to charge, I will buy :)
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

Gneechee wrote: August 3rd, 2020, 12:51 am YAY!

Thank you, Thank you, Thank you!

I was following the forums regarding this and all the roadblocks you guys ran into ... I sure am glad you kept at it and got it all figured out. And to think that it's free! You are amazing!

Oh ... in case you missed it above ... THANK YOU! :thumbup:

Now I just have to go back and redo my cosmetics (font, color, alignment, etc) changes ... but I'm not complaining!

Best regards,
GneeChee

p.s. if you decide to charge, I will buy :)
Great. Glad to help.
DrRoboculous

Post by DrRoboculous »

Rainmeter has been crashing since i downloaded the new version 6 Text Clock. The whole Rainmeter shuts down. And it won't start again until i delete the skin. I can see by my little Loading cursor that the program is trying to start but then it closes before it can even really run. Then i delete the skin from the folder and Rainemter will start and run again just fine. Any ideas? Thanks.

PS: I actually noticed that as soon as i click 'install' the .rmskin Rainmeter crashes - whether or not i have the 'load skin when finished installing' box ticked. But the installer will still finish installing the skin. But then it won't work anymore like how i described above.
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

DrRoboculous wrote: August 14th, 2020, 9:19 am Rainmeter has been crashing since i downloaded the new version 6 Text Clock. The whole Rainmeter shuts down. And it won't start again until i delete the skin. I can see by my little Loading cursor that the program is trying to start but then it closes before it can even really run. Then i delete the skin from the folder and Rainemter will start and run again just fine. Any ideas? Thanks.

PS: I actually noticed that as soon as i click 'install' the .rmskin Rainmeter crashes - whether or not i have the 'load skin when finished installing' box ticked. But the installer will still finish installing the skin. But then it won't work anymore like how i described above.
I'm not quite sure I even have a clue what that might be all about. I could in theory see your system having a problem with either of the plugins that the skin uses, the Speech.dll and Chameleon.dll plugins, but those would not be any kind of factor in the "install" of the .rmskin. I'm not even sure what to tell you to look for.

Other .rmskin's install and work correctly for you?

Can you go to About / Version from the Rainmeter context menu, and using the "Copy to clipboard" button, paste that here?
tinysidekick

Post by tinysidekick »

Is there a way to change the format of how the date and time shows up? Like, I would like it to say "It's eleven fifteen in the morning on Monday, August tenth". Sorry, I don't know much about this kind of stuff.
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

tinysidekick wrote: August 16th, 2020, 5:52 am Is there a way to change the format of how the date and time shows up? Like, I would like it to say "It's eleven fifteen in the morning on Monday, August tenth". Sorry, I don't know much about this kind of stuff.
No way that isn't some significant editing of TextClock6.lua to edit the output to the meters, and some minor editing of the InlineSetting / InlinePattern options on the meters to react to those changes.
DrRoboculous

Post by DrRoboculous »

Ok. Sorry it's been a long time before replying. I downloaded the skin again from Deviantart today and it seems to be working ok now. When i first load it,it takes maybe 1.5 - 2 minutes to load & show up. But i have other skins that do that as well. So i looked at the log and this Warning message keeps showing up: Speech.dll: Invalid Name, Gender and/or Index. Using best matching valid voice. (TextClock6\TextClock6Color.ini - [SpeechHost]) So I looked through my c:\users\Documents\Rainmeter folder and found that i have 3 speech.dll files in there. So i deleted one and now i have two left that are File Version: 2.4.0.0 / Product Version: 4.2.0.3111 . One is 32-it, the other 64-bit. They're both in the @Vault\Plugins folder for the Rainmeter folder that's in Documents with all the skins. And the Rainmeter log is still showing the same Warning as above. So, i have the last, like, 7 logs from debug mode saved if you wanna see those. But like i said, the skin seems to be working fine otherwise. It talks & everything. :confused: I hope this is enough information to help you figure out what's up with this or what i need to do different. Thanks.

UPDATE: about 2 hours later.... It happened again. I just went and deleted every copy of speech.dll that i could find on my computer -there were 5- and deleted the TextClock6 .rmskin & the folder with the .ini's & all that and just downloaded it again brand new from Deviantart after deleting all the other speech plugins and it happened again. Rainmeter crashed and it won't start unless i delete the TextClock6 skin altogether from my computer. I tried restarting my computer, i shut it down completely and turned it back on again - nothin'. I even went and downloaded the newest Rainemeter beta thinking that might help but, no. It still did the same thing after installing. I don't understand what's going on at all anymore.

UPDATE2: Oh crap! hey, sorry that i forgot to actually answer the questions you asked me in your post. :oops: First, other .rmskins install & run fine for me. Second:
Rainmeter 4.4.0.3404 beta (64-bit)
Language: English (1033)
Build time: 2020-08-25 8:09:50
Commit Hash: a0c762cf
Windows 10 Home 2004 64-bit (build 19041) - English (1033)
Path: C:\Program Files\Rainmeter\
SkinPath: C:\Users\jakem\OneDrive\Documents\Rainmeter\Skins\
SettingsPath: C:\Users\jakem\AppData\Roaming\Rainmeter\
IniFile: C:\Users\jakem\AppData\Roaming\Rainmeter\Rainmeter.ini
Hope that helps.
ikarus1969

Post by ikarus1969 »

DrRoboculous wrote: August 27th, 2020, 8:33 pm So i looked at the log and this Warning message keeps showing up: Speech.dll: Invalid Name, Gender and/or Index. Using best matching valid voice. (TextClock6\TextClock6Color.ini - [SpeechHost])
At least for the warning i can give you a hint. This warning is written when the skin has a non-existing voice coded.
jsmorley (the author of the Speech.dll) has explained in this post how to find out what voices are installed on your system. One of these has to be coded in the skin.
First follow the instruction in that post (some powershell-code easy to execute), then look in the skin for the "SpeechHost"-measure and replace the string after "Name=" by one of the found voices-names of the powershell-output.

On my system the output is:
Screenshot.png
So i can use as a name: Microsoft Michael (or one of the other names listed) after the Name=

Hope that helps a little bit