It is currently March 31st, 2020, 2:26 am

Visions+ by Sgt. E. V. McKay (Updated)

Post your work-in-progress and completed skins to share and discuss.
eclectic-tech
Rainmeter Sage

Visions+ by Sgt. E. V. McKay (Updated)

Post by eclectic-tech »

Open image in a new tab for full size preview...
visions4.png
Visions+ Weather
5 weather skins (Current Weather, Current Weather w/Moon, Multi-Day (1 to 6 Days) Weather w/Moon, Moon Data w/Icon, and Moon Icon)

The original skin package and info is here...
NOTE:
None of those skins work due to changes to Weather.com and IOHelix feeds.

Update Mar 18, 2020
Since the package is too large (approx ~ 19 Mb) to attach here, I have added an updated package of all 5 skin variations to my "RM Hosted" skin folder on DA (link below)

I combined 3-Day and 5-Day into an expandable (1~6 Day) Multi-Day skin.
I removed the 9-Day since they are not supported by TWC.
I removed deprecated terms and corrected the moon and weather data collection.
Corrected a few long standing coding errors.
Added @Resources folder; Fonts, Images, Included Measures, Sound, and Weather includes are there.

The skins remain almost unchanged in their functionality, so the instructions available in the skin are still valid for those who want to customize the appearance of any of the graphics.

Credits are still retained by Sgt. E. V. McKay in all skins. :thumbup:

DeviantArt Download Page

EDITS:
Reduced number of skins by combining Black/White Text versions. [V Beta 3b.2020.01.02]
Re-wrote to use TWC JSON and JSMorley's Weather Includes and Locator
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
eclectic-tech
Rainmeter Sage

Re: Visions+ by Sgt. E. V. McKay (Updated)

Post by eclectic-tech »

Visions+

Updated Package to Beta 3b.2020.01.02
visionsbeta3b.png
Changes
I agreed to update Sarge's skins to eliminate errors and take advantage of new features in Rainmeter.
The errors were corrected and the code updated in my initial release: Beta 3a.

Now I have made changes that offer better control of the skins, reduce the number of skins, and improve the performance.

The original skins were coded with Black and White text versions. By creating "Themes", I can remove the need for separate skins.
All images were moved to @Resources to improve loading time.

Tooltiptext was added for icons, and several icon images and functions changed, to help you control the skin as described below.
  • Links to Sarge's Fund have been removed (link was dead) and the icon image and function changed to enable toggling the text color(Black/White). There is an "ink drop" icon to the far right to toggle the text color.
  • A locator skin (WXDataLocator by JSMorley) was customized and can be loaded by clicking the "Location:..." text. Search for a location, then click the "code" from the list to update the weather location for all skins. Only the current skin is automatically updated, but all skins will show current location data once they are refreshed or loaded.
  • To toggle between Imperial and Metric data values, click the refresh symbol to the far right. The left refresh symbol will refresh the data.
  • The background toggle icon has been changed and will use colors automatically determined by the Chameleon Plugin by Socks-the-Fox. The plugin is used to pick a color for the background based on the desktop colors behind the skin and the current text color: a darker shade for white text, and a lighter shade for black text. This works best when using "white" text because the Chameleon Foreground Colors (used for black text) do not change very much when desktop color behind the skin changes. Desktop color awareness can be disabled by setting "SkinPositionColor", in the [Variables] section, to zero (default is 1).
All other customization can still be enabled using the information provided by Sarge's Help document. Open "Help" by double-clicking the "?" icon to the upper right. Remember that all images are now at "@Resources\Images" and not in the "Weather" folder.

This get the package pretty well up-to-date with Rainmeter. I may add a context menu in the future to allow alternate access to features/settings.

Comment or suggestions are welcomed.

Link in first post updated...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
eclectic-tech
Rainmeter Sage

Re: Visions+ by Sgt. E. V. McKay (Updated)

Post by eclectic-tech »

Updated Visions+ Weather

V 4.2020.03.18
Rewrote to use TWC JSON data via JSMorley's weather includes and his Locator
Modified multiple day weather skins into 1 Multi-Day (1~6 Days) Weather skin.

Updated link in first post!