SystemS(V2)

A package of skins with a "theme" or by a single author
sephirotess

SystemS(V2)

Post by sephirotess »

SystemS(V2.3) by Sephirotess:
Preview.png
Options:

- languages: English, French, Spanish, Italian, Portuguese, German, Russian, Serbian & Romanian,
- text color, font face, font size... can be modified,
- easy configuration with the "settings" panel.

- Serbian language thanks HipHopium
- Spanish language thanks Agelyk
- German language thanks Luzifersenpai,
- Romanian language thanks Yincognyto,

You can increase the size of the skins with the wheel of the mouse (up & down).

Adding a color scheme (alarm) for some skins (CPU, GPU HDD, RAM, SWAP...). For example, color for the CPU usage. Less than 25% (white), between 25 & 50 (yellow), between 50 & 75 (orange), more than 75 (red). You can change the colors with the "ColorAlarm" (Settings).

Section "Divers":

- Bookmarks: simple bookmarks, with 11 links. Click on the title to change links and names,

- Calendar: 2 versions (monday & sunday). Calendar with events for each day of the month. To add an event, open the "month" panels in the "settings" folder. Just write the event in the suitable slot. To activate the indicator (and the tooltip), left click on the associated number. Right click disable indicator and event. Use the orbs to see previous or next months. Full date in local language & week number,

- Countdown : simple countdown skin,

- Dock: applications dock (8 links). Use the right click (context menu) for the controls (hibernate, restart, shutdown...). Use "ConfigDock" in the "Settings", to change applis, names & icons,

- Feeds: shows the latest items from selected feeds. Click on the title to change the feeds. Use the orbs to see the next pages,

- Folders : user folder, documents, download, musics, pictures, videos, games & desktop,

- Notes: a simple tool for taking some notes (3 notes). Left click to open note,

- Rain: Rainmeter manager, Rainmeter user folder, refresh all skins (on the desktop), refresh all skins and Rainmeter user folder, tray menu, Rainmeter information, toggler and quit Rainmeter,

- Slideshow: it indicates the number of pictures in the folder & the total size. It indicates the path & the name of the file (mouse over the picture). The first orb opens the folder of the pictures. The second has for function to offer a preview, the third permits to stop and to restart the slideshow. The fourth set current picture as wallpaper. The fifths permits to preserve (or not) the aspect ratio (left and right click) and the last one apply (or not) a grey scale (left and right click). Use the panel config of the suite to change the path (for your pictures) and delay between 2 images,

- Time: full date (local language), time, uptime, week number & time zone,

- Windows: calculator, notepad, Regedit, panel control, Taskmanager, Explorer, Ribbon & CMD,

- WorldTime : time accross the world.

Section "HDD":

- HDD (C -> Z ): shows letter of the HDD, the name & the total space. It indicates used & free space (GB, percentages & bars). Shows the activity of the disk with reading, writing, cumulative readings & cumulative writings (by session). Shows number of reading & writing per second. The activity is indicated via histograms & little dot. Move the mouse over the name to see other information (file system, drive type, serial number...),

- Recycle Bin: shows the number of present files and their size.

Section "HDD1":

- Folders : shows number of files & folders on your drive. Takes some time to load (because of number of files),

- Letters : another simple skin for HDD (with less option).

Section "Sound":

- Player: shows the name of the artist, the title of the song, title of the album, the cover album, genre, position, duration, bitrate... Buttons: play/pause, stop, previous & next. Left click on the bar to change song position,

- Spectrum: simple visualizer. Close if you do not use, to save CPU resources,

- Volume: left click on the percentage increase sound. Right click decrease sound. Shows current audio device (left click to change), "mute" option, mixer...

Section "System":

- Battery: battery level, option to change power settings (balanced, hig performance & power saver)...

- CPU: usage, number of cores, temperature (works with CoreTemp), current speed/max speed, bus system (multiplicator) & voltage. Another simple version without Coretemp,

- Download: shows current download speed & cumulative download,

- GPU: name, usage, temperature (works with MSI Afterburner), total memory/used memory, memory clock, GPU speed & fan speed. Another simple version without MSI Afterburner),

- Information : OS, user, mother bord model, number of core...

- IORead: IORead with UsageMonitor,

- IOWrite: IOWrite with UsageMonitor,

- Network : shown LAN IP, WAN IP, router IP, adaptater name & activity,

- Page: Page file usage (total size, used/free & peak usage),

- Processes CPU: 5 top processes CPU (with UsageMonitor). Shows associated RAM & Io data. Indicate number of open processes,

- Processes CPU(2): 10 top processes CPU (with UsageMonitor),

- Process GPU : 7 top processes GPU (with UsageMonitor),

- Processes RAM: 5 top processes with RAM usage (UsageMonitor). Shows associated CPU usage & Io data. Shows total & free RAM (mouse over for full information),

- Process Ram(2): 15 top processes with RAM usage,

- Processes: Process information about the state (running or not). Click on the orb to change processes you wish to follow,

- RAM: total size, used/free, pool paged & pool non paged,

- Services: shows some services & information about the type of start (auto, manual, desactivated...). Click on the orb to change services,

- SWAP: total, used & free,

- Upload: shows current Upload speed & cumulative Upload,

- Version : allows you to check the version of your software,

- Wifi : indicates Wifi quality, gives broadcast name, encryption and supported band.

SystemS2_2.3.rmskin

Wallpaper "Fond280338". Original author Sephirotess.

Thanks.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
sephirotess

Re: SystemS(V2)

Post by sephirotess »

* Update 10/24/2020 :

- new skins (network, slideshow, GPU processes...),
- new themes,
- code improvement,
- some fixes,
- tooltips with more information,
- and more...

Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Yincognito »

Nice! :thumbup:

I was curious about the Services skin so I checked it out - just in case, you can get all kinds of service lists either through CMD (e.g. sc queryex type=service state=all and additional variants, queries, filters and parameters) or PowerShell (e.g. Get-Service and additional variants, queries, filters and parameters). The benefit of it is that one doesn't have to define a hardcoded list of services to check out and display the status for, as the output list (which you can manipulate in a RunCommand measure Substitute) is adjustable depending on the command's parameters. The possible disadvantage of it is that the first time it is ran, the approach might be a bit slower than using Registry measures.

One other thing, after trying your suite: the skin files (or the needed INC files) are not encoded as UCS-2 LE BOM in Notepad++ (or the Unicode equivalent in plain Notepad), so some characters in other languages display as ?. Actually, after checking things, the files were saved that way, so even a conversion to UCS-2 LE BOM doesn't help. Not that it would matter much, just thought you should know. ;-)
By the way, incidentally I also updated my skin suite recently - although I should have done it sooner.
Profiles: Rainmeter ProfileDeviantArt ProfileSuites: MYiniMeterSkins: Earth
sephirotess

Post by sephirotess »

Just "nice"! No, it's amazing (just kidding). Thank you very much :D. It's just a big update to a suite that's a year old. I modified and improved it for my personal use, when I had a little time ;-). I had no intention of sharing it, nevertheless I thought that people might find this suite interesting and useful. There is no complicated coding. I like it when it's simple 8-).

For the Services skin, I opted for a very simple solution. I just did a copy / paste of the service names that we can find in the administration tools :Whistle. The goal is to offer a small selection of services, which the user can easily modify. Your idea is nevertheless interesting, for a similar skin, whose role would be to list all the services, as well as their status. The skin would be huge, but it's interesting. Thank you for the information :thumbup:.

I am using Windows Notepad for my skins and I believe my files are using UTF-8 encoding. I'm not sure about the language files though. I believe it is ANSI for some and UTF-16 LE for others. There might be a bad coding with a language you have tried :(.

I downloaded the new version of your suite. I really like the system (code) you used for the tooltips :great:. If I had seen your suite before I finished mine, I would probably have borrowed your code, which is more elaborate, more professional and more efficient than mine :bow:.
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Yincognito »

sephirotess wrote: October 27th, 2020, 8:52 pm Just "nice"! No, it's amazing (just kidding). Thank you very much :D. It's just a big update to a suite that's a year old. I modified and improved it for my personal use, when I had a little time ;-). I had no intention of sharing it, nevertheless I thought that people might find this suite interesting and useful. There is no complicated coding. I like it when it's simple 8-).

For the Services skin, I opted for a very simple solution. I just did a copy / paste of the service names that we can find in the administration tools :Whistle. The goal is to offer a small selection of services, which the user can easily modify. Your idea is nevertheless interesting, for a similar skin, whose role would be to list all the services, as well as their status. The skin would be huge, but it's interesting. Thank you for the information :thumbup:.

I am using Windows Notepad for my skins and I believe my files are using UTF-8 encoding. I'm not sure about the language files though. I believe it is ANSI for some and UTF-16 LE for others. There might be a bad coding with a language you have tried :(.

I downloaded the new version of your suite. I really like the system (code) you used for the tooltips :great:. If I had seen your suite before I finished mine, I would probably have borrowed your code, which is more elaborate, more professional and more efficient than mine :bow:.
Well, ok, it's beyond fantastic! :lol: Never encountered anything ore beautiful than this in my whole Rainmeter "career" - how about that for a change? :sly:

Glad you liked my new custom tooltip system. You can find a simplified approach meant to allow folks to implement it easily on its Tips & Tricks thread - feel free to explore the possibiities.
sephirotess

Post by sephirotess »

Yincognito wrote: October 27th, 2020, 9:08 pm Glad you liked my new custom tooltip system. You can find a simplified approach meant to allow folks to implement it easily on its Tips & Tricks thread - feel free to explore the possibiities.
Thank you. I quickly looked at your system. It is indeed interesting and it is a perfectly mastered idea :o. Great work (as always) :bow:.
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Yincognito »

sephirotess wrote: October 29th, 2020, 6:17 am Thank you. I quickly looked at your system. It is indeed interesting and it is a perfectly mastered idea :o. Great work (as always) :bow:.
Thanks. I kind of abused acronyms there, but, well, it made the code shorter, so that was it.
traveller233

Post by traveller233 »

can you provide link for the picture in the slideshow meter :D :sly:
sephirotess

Post by sephirotess »

traveller233 wrote: November 1st, 2020, 2:46 pm can you provide link for the picture in the slideshow meter :D :sly:
Sorry no. I understand the interest, but I don't have an exact link for this image :confused:. At least I have the address of the original link, but unfortunately it doesn't work anymore. I can give you the original link and with a little research you might find the image (if it's still on this site).
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Yincognito »

traveller233 wrote: November 1st, 2020, 2:46 pm can you provide link for the picture in the slideshow meter :D :sly:
There you go - have fun... :lol:
Simple job, if you want to find out other image links (similar or not to this): just crop the area from the screenshot, save it as a new file, then search for it on Google or TinEye.