Ninjaki8

BlueRose Skin

Post by Ninjaki8 »

Attachments
blue rose.png
gran172

Re: BlueRose Skin

Post by gran172 »

This is amazing! I'm a big fan of monitoring skins and this one looks great! Is there any chance of hiding the entire panel and making it show up when you click or just place your mouse somewhere? Would it be possible to implement?
eclectic-tech
Rainmeter Sage

Post by eclectic-tech »

gran172 wrote: July 29th, 2019, 7:54 pm This is amazing! I'm a big fan of monitoring skins and this one looks great! Is there any chance of hiding the entire panel and making it show up when you click or just place your mouse somewhere? Would it be possible to implement?
You can do this by loading a skin that will hide/show all loaded skins. Save this as Skins\ToggleAll\Scroll2ToggleAll.ini
Refresh Rainmeter and load this skin along with all the skins you want to see. When move your mouse near the upper left screen corner, scrolling up will show all skins, scrolling down will hide all skin.

Scroll2ToggleAll.ini

Code: Select all

[Rainmeter]
Update=1000
AccurateText=1
Group=#RootConfig#

OnRefreshAction=[!ZPos +2][!Move "0" "0"]

; Hide/Show All Skins
MouseScrollUpAction=[!Show *][!Redraw]

MouseScrollDownAction=[!Hide *][!Show "#CurrentConfig#"][!Redraw]

; ========= Metadata ==========
[Metadata]
Name=Scroll2ToggleAll
Author=Eclectic Tech
Information=An invisible upper left corner skin that when you scroll over it, scroll up will show all active skins and scroll down will hide all active skins.
License=Creative Commons Share-Alike NC 4
Version=1.2019.03.26

; ========= Variables ==========
[Variables]

; ========= Meters ==========

[Meter]
Meter=Image
W=50
H=50
SolidColor=0,0,0,1

If you prefer mouse clicks to scrolling, simply replace the mouse scroll up bang with "LeftMouseUpAction=..."
and the mouse scroll down bang with "MiddleMouseUpAction=..." or "RightMouseUpAction=..."
gran172

Post by gran172 »

Thank you for taking your time to answer mate! I meant something like how Interactive Dock works if that makes more sense: https://www.deviantart.com/not-finch/art/Interactive-Dock-for-Rainmeter-772713805 like just hovering your mouse over wherever the skin is placed will make it appear.

Not sure if that's too much to ask or if it's even possible, but I do appreciate you taking your time to reply :)
eclectic-tech
Rainmeter Sage

Post by eclectic-tech »

gran172 wrote: August 1st, 2019, 8:40 pm Thank you for taking your time to answer mate! I meant something like how Interactive Dock works if that makes more sense: https://www.deviantart.com/not-finch/art/Interactive-Dock-for-Rainmeter-772713805 like just hovering your mouse over wherever the skin is placed will make it appear.

Not sure if that's too much to ask or if it's even possible, but I do appreciate you taking your time to reply :)
Well that's something completely different :uhuh:

Interactive dock uses an almost invisble meter that is the same size as the entire dock to activate/deactivate the animations. This is a suite of multiple skins that can be placed anywhere on the desktop.
Defining a region is not possible and adding animation for each skin would be a nightmare. :o

Sorry but this is as close as you can get to hide/show multiple skins.
gran172

Post by gran172 »

Ah I see, that indeed sounds like WAY too much work. Thanks a lot for taking your time to answer mate, have a nice day! :)
eclectic-tech
Rainmeter Sage

Post by eclectic-tech »

gran172 wrote: August 2nd, 2019, 10:13 am Ah I see, that indeed sounds like WAY too much work. Thanks a lot for taking your time to answer mate, have a nice day! :)
Yeah, that would be a nice effect but a lot of work.

One additional thought would be to try !ShowFade/!HideFase/!ToggleFade and !FadeDuration instead of strictly !Show/!Hide/!Toggle to gently fade the skins in/out. This still will not animate like interactive dock because that is 1 skin, while this is any number of individual skins. :confused: