It is currently March 28th, 2024, 11:53 pm

Chameleon Patterns!

Skins with graphics and animations
ObsydianX

Chameleon Patterns!

Post by ObsydianX »

Hey guys and gals! I'm here to show my personal RainMeter skin and backgrounds that work with it so well! It started out with having an album full of gradient backgrounds that I used for a long time, but I soon wanted something to make it pop more. After playing around with and learning the Chameleon plugin, I compiled a bunch of free patterns adapt to the color of your background to blend in. This skin works best if you keep your desktop clean of icons as I've found no way to draw the patterns under your icons. Perhaps Fences by Stardock could help you if you still want icons on your desktop but want the option to hide them if they're not in use.

The backgrounds are 4k and made to stretch regardless of your computers aspect ratio. They are entirely optional and a separate download if you want to use your own images.

EDIT: 12/31/18 Chameleon plugin now included in the installer. 22 additional patters have also been included!

MUST HAVE: Chameleon Plugin for this skin to work as intented.

Example Video!
Screenshots!
ImageImageImage
Current patterns!
Current Backgrounds!
Installation Video!

Chameleon Patterns skin now contains the Chameleon Plugin, you can skip downloading the plugin separately.
Download links! Special Thanks!
Couldn't have made this idea so wonderful without Socks and his work on the Chameleon plugin.
Another thanks to https://www.patterncooler.com/ for the majority of these patterns!
If you look through my code and see any ways to optimize it, please let me know!
Last edited by ObsydianX on December 31st, 2018, 6:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
raiguard

Re: Chameleon Patterns!

Post by raiguard »

This is a really cool concept! I like it a lot. A bit of a technical tidbit though:

You can easily add the Chameleon plugin to the skin's .RMSKIN file so people don't have to download it manually (in fact, this is the suggested and preferred way to do it). When packaging the .RMSKIN, there is a button on the first screen, Add plugin.... Click this, and you can add the 32-bit and 64-bit DLLs of the Chameleon plugin to the .RMSKIN. When someone installs the skin, the Chameleon plugin will be installed automatically as well.
”We are pretty sure that r2922 resolves the regression in resolution caused by a reversion to a revision.” - jsmorley, 2017
ObsydianX

Re: Chameleon Patterns!

Post by ObsydianX »

raiguard wrote: December 31st, 2018, 6:41 amYou can easily add the Chameleon plugin to the skin's .RMSKIN file so people don't have to download it manually
Fixed! Thanks so much!