It is currently March 29th, 2024, 4:01 pm

illustra (Not your usual illustro clone)

A package of skins with a "theme" or by a single author
jsmorley
Developer

Re: illustra (Not your usual illustro clone)

Post by jsmorley »

Even on my system, although I don't get any visible "lag", having FrostedGlass turned on just about doubles the amount of CPU being used when I drag skins around. So... Ick...
eclectic-tech
Rainmeter Sage

Post by eclectic-tech »

jsmorley wrote: October 23rd, 2018, 2:35 pm Well, like I said, Windows did not intend for that functionality to be used for desktop applications. It is there to support the OS elements like Start Menu and Action Center and such, and also for "Metro" applications. They don't even promise that it will continue to be available at all for desktop applications going forward. I'd be leery of using it in a suite I was distributing.
I updated the RMSKIN with the correction to the layout and IPV4 address; thanks to both of you for testing. :rosegift:

The big issue is if I want to keep the aesthetic qualities the Frosted Glass plugin adds... I will ponder that and leave it in (but disabled by default) for now. :Whistle

On to more testing and see what I can break! :sly:
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

eclectic-tech wrote: October 23rd, 2018, 2:45 pm I updated the RMSKIN with the correction to the layout and IPV4 address; thanks to both of you for testing. :rosegift:

The big issue is if I want to keep the aesthetic qualities the Frosted Glass plugin adds... I will ponder that and leave it in (but disabled by default) for now. :Whistle

On to more testing and see what I can break! :sly:
All seems good now. :HamseterDancer
kyriakos876

Post by kyriakos876 »

One more thing, if a 3 digit temperature comes up this happens:
Untitled.png
Don't hate me :welcome:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

kyriakos876 wrote: October 23rd, 2018, 2:54 pm One more thing, if a 3 digit temperature comes up this happens:
Untitled.png

Bummer. You might want to change the label to something shorter like Low / High or some such.

Temperature Range
Low / High Range
eclectic-tech
Rainmeter Sage

Post by eclectic-tech »

kyriakos876 wrote: October 23rd, 2018, 2:54 pm One more thing, if a 3 digit temperature comes up this happens:
Untitled.png

Move to colder climate! :phhht ;-)

I will either shorten the description, but it can be in many different languages, so I will probably look at shortening the number (remove the "To" and use a skinny bar).

I appreciate knowing what anyone sees that looks suspect. Thanks (but I still might hate you ;-) ) :great:
kyriakos876

Post by kyriakos876 »

eclectic-tech wrote: October 23rd, 2018, 3:03 pm Move to colder climate! :phhht ;-)
Lemme jump to Canada real quick. :TrainRight

eclectic-tech wrote: October 23rd, 2018, 3:03 pm I will either shorten the description, but it can be in many different languages, so I will probably look at shortening the number (remove the "To" and use a skinny bar).

I appreciate knowing what anyone sees that looks suspect. Thanks (but I still might hate you ;-) ) :great:
Temp. Range 100 TO 100 might be an option in addition to Jsmorley's.(I can leave with the hate I think. :YESSS: )
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

eclectic-tech wrote: October 23rd, 2018, 3:03 pm I will either shorten the description, but it can be in many different languages, so I will probably look at shortening the number (remove the "To" and use a skinny bar).
Don't shorten it, just use ClipString.
raiguard

Post by raiguard »

Great job on these skins, they're really pretty and well designed! I could see these as replacements for illustro, if that's what you were trying to go for.

But there is one thing...

Weather.ini:
2018-10-23 19_28_30-Window.png
!Execute has been deprecated for eons! :o
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
”We are pretty sure that r2922 resolves the regression in resolution caused by a reversion to a revision.” - jsmorley, 2017
eclectic-tech
Rainmeter Sage

Post by eclectic-tech »

raiguard wrote: October 24th, 2018, 1:37 am Great job on these skins, they're really pretty and well designed! I could see these as replacements for illustro, if that's what you were trying to go for.

But there is one thing...

!Execute has been deprecated for eons! :o
Yikes! :o How did that get in there! Thanks for the proofread... I better check the rest of these files to see if !Execute or !Rainmeter crept back in somehow.

I like the simplicity poiru coded and thought it would make a good candidate to SCALE. My intention was not to replace illustro. I undertook this due to a query about using illustro, but not able scale them up for higher resolution displays.

Not my call or desire to replace that long time favorite illustro, just tried to create something similar for HD displays. There are some issues (Frosted Glass plugin lags on some systems) and a few techniques that may be more than a "first time users" should have to deal with. :x