It is currently March 29th, 2024, 1:11 am

illustra (Not your usual illustro clone)

A package of skins with a "theme" or by a single author
jsmorley
Developer

Re: illustra (Not your usual illustro clone)

Post by jsmorley »

One other minor issue.

If a user has an active IPV6 address, the site you are using will return it instead of the IPV4 address.
1.png
An IPV6 address won't fit in the space you are allowing.

I would be tempted to change to:

Code: Select all

URL=http://ipv4.myexternalip.com/
RegExp=(?siU)<title>My External IP address - (.*)</title>
Which will always return the IPV4 address.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
kyriakos876

Post by kyriakos876 »

I don't understand why but every skin loaded in the illustra layout has a delay on drag. gifcam doesn't really capture that.
Check this video and see that even thought my hand (on the left) has stopped moving, the drag action is still going on because it's executed slower than real time.
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1ng6zatReGWHryrO2yx-j678nJBIfjrRL

And no, disabling Hardware acceleration and restarting rainmeter doesn't change anything in this case.
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

kyriakos876 wrote: October 23rd, 2018, 2:14 pm I don't understand why but every skin loaded in the illustra layout has a delay on drag. gifcam doesn't really capture that.
Check this video and see that even thought my hand (on the left) has stopped moving, the drag action is still going on because it's executed slower than real time.
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1ng6zatReGWHryrO2yx-j678nJBIfjrRL

And no, disabling Hardware acceleration and restarting rainmeter doesn't change anything in this case.
I would have to assume the FrostedGlass plugin isn't working well on your system. That is the only thing that is kinda non-standard about the entire suite.
eclectic-tech
Rainmeter Sage

Post by eclectic-tech »

jsmorley wrote: October 23rd, 2018, 2:12 pm One other minor issue.

If a user has an active IPV6 address, the site you are using will return it instead of the IPV4 address.
Thanks! Done for next release.

I just realized I added the skin width to the Clock and positioned it to the right :o
I haven't work with layouts for a while, and it shows :oops:

Thanks for the feedback!
eclectic-tech
Rainmeter Sage

Post by eclectic-tech »

jsmorley wrote: October 23rd, 2018, 2:22 pm I would have to assume the FrostedGlass plugin isn't working well on your system. That is the only thing that is kinda non-standard about the entire suite.
I am very interesting in finding out if anything in the suite is causing kyriakos876's problem. Hopefully, we can get it working... :)
kyriakos876

Post by kyriakos876 »

jsmorley wrote: October 23rd, 2018, 2:22 pm I would have to assume the FrostedGlass plugin isn't working well on your system. That is the only thing that is kinda non-standard about the entire suite.
Yup. That's it. I toggled the frosted plugin from the settings skin and the delay is gone.
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

eclectic-tech wrote: October 23rd, 2018, 2:26 pm I am very interesting in finding out if anything in the suite is causing kyriakos876's problem. Hopefully, we can get it working... :)
It almost has to be the FrostedGlass plugin.
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

I don't doubt that the FrostedGlass plugin is clever and well-written, but it is using some "unexposed" API calls in Window to do something they didn't really intend desktop application authors to do. Could be a problem with the display driver, that isn't reacting well to the plugin.

I think at a minimum I would default that to "off".
kyriakos876

Post by kyriakos876 »

jsmorley wrote: October 23rd, 2018, 2:29 pm I don't doubt that the FrostedGlass plugin is clever and well-written, but it is using some "unexposed" API calls in Window to do something they didn't really intend desktop application authors to do. Could be a problem with the display driver, that isn't reacting well to the plugin.
Yea... I doesn't seem very resource efficient. I turned the plugin on and when I move a skin with that plugin very fast, rainmeter uses like 20% of my CPU and more than 60% in some cores. I suppose this happened only to me because I have the weakest CPU in here.
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

kyriakos876 wrote: October 23rd, 2018, 2:32 pm Yea... I doesn't seem very resource efficient. I turned the plugin on and when I move a skin with that plugin very fast, rainmeter uses like 20% of my CPU and more than 60% in some cores. I suppose this happened only to me because I have the weakest CPU in here.
Well, like I said, Windows did not intend for that functionality to be used for desktop applications. It is there to support the OS elements like Start Menu and Action Center and such, and also for "Metro" applications. They don't even promise that it will continue to be available at all for desktop applications going forward. I'd be leery of using it in a suite I was distributing.