It is currently March 29th, 2024, 10:50 am

Adaptive Translucent Taskbar

Skins that control functions in Windows or Rainmeter
kyriakos876

Re: Adaptive Translucent Taskbar

Post by kyriakos876 »

By the way, in your case it's not working correctly. In your video, at 0:11 the window is not maximized and I can see the blur being activated. Unless you wanted it to be so that when something is on the right side maximized so that the skins won't look weird.
If that's not the case, you can set the default color to 255,0,0 and see where the dots are exactly to see if they're indeed on the corners you want them to be.
raiguard

Post by raiguard »

kyriakos876 wrote:By the way, in your case it's not working correctly. In your video, at 0:11 the window is not maximized and I can see the blur being activated. Unless you wanted it to be so that when something is on the right side maximized so that the skins won't look weird.
If that's not the case, you can set the default color to 255,0,0 and see where the dots are exactly to see if they're indeed on the corners you want them to be.
Yeah, I actually did that on purpose. ;)
”We are pretty sure that r2922 resolves the regression in resolution caused by a reversion to a revision.” - jsmorley, 2017
kyriakos876

Post by kyriakos876 »

raiguard wrote:Yeah, I actually did that on purpose. ;)
I figured... I also realized from your skin, that I should use work area width and height instead of screen area because people have that too :D
bComplete

Post by bComplete »

Heya, I just wanted to say that I really dig what you've done here. I actually had the same annoyance while going into full screen windows, so this is the perfect fix. Not sure whats going on with everyone else's troubles with the install, but it's functioning perfectly for me. I'm gonna go ahead and link your work on my page just to try and get the word out more.
kyriakos876

Post by kyriakos876 »

bComplete wrote: October 14th, 2018, 7:28 pm Heya, I just wanted to say that I really dig what you've done here. I actually had the same annoyance while going into full screen windows, so this is the perfect fix. Not sure whats going on with everyone else's troubles with the install, but it's functioning perfectly for me. I'm gonna go ahead and link your work on my page just to try and get the word out more.
Glad you like it. As for the installation, it was just a misunderstanding after all :welcome:
kyriakos876

Post by kyriakos876 »

*Updated to V.18.10.2018.2*
Basically changed how the whole thing works. I reinvented the wheel and went full Rambo on how to locate the user's taskbar location while the answer was in Rainmeter's docs.... get the new version from the first post
sosimple

Post by sosimple »

Hi. Working great. But I would like to ask if it is possible to make more black some parts of the Taskbar. For example where tray icons are. Because if I have a bright wallpaper can't see them. I want to have transparent all other parts of Taskbar except from there.
Somethings like this would be perfect: https://arstechnica.com/gadgets/2018/08/galaxy-tab-s4-review-a-solid-android-tablet-a-too-quirky-android-desktop/
If it is possible to print a background only there.. Under Taskbar, only at right .
Thanks,
kyriakos876

Post by kyriakos876 »

sosimple wrote: December 6th, 2018, 11:51 am Hi. Working great. But I would like to ask if it is possible to make more black some parts of the Taskbar. For example where tray icons are. Because if I have a bright wallpaper can't see them. I want to have transparent all other parts of Taskbar except from there.
Somethings like this would be perfect: https://arstechnica.com/gadgets/2018/08/galaxy-tab-s4-review-a-solid-android-tablet-a-too-quirky-android-desktop/
If it is possible to print a background only there.. Under Taskbar, only at right .
Thanks,
Hello, you can add a meter with black (or whatever color you want) background and put as height 40 and as width whatever fits your desktop. I can't know how much stuff there is in your taskbar on the right do something that would work on everyone's setup.

For example, in my setup if I add this:

Code: Select all

[RightBackground]
Meter=Image
SolidColor=0,0,0,255
X=(#SCREENAREAWIDTH#-[#CurrentSection#:W])
Y=(#SCREENAREAHEIGHT#-[#CurrentSection#:H])
W=200
H=40
UpdateDivider=-1
DynamicVariables=1
under the [Controller] measure, it creates a black background on the very right bottom of my desktop which looks like this:
Demo.png
Note that if you have set your taskbar to automatically hide\show you might find this troubling as the background could sometimes get on top of the taskbar. If you don't have this setting it should be okay.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
sosimple

Post by sosimple »

kyriakos876 wrote: December 6th, 2018, 2:49 pm Hello, you can add a meter with black (or whatever color you want) background and put as height 40 and as width whatever fits your desktop. I can't know how much stuff there is in your taskbar on the right do something that would work on everyone's setup.

For example, in my setup if I add this:

[RightBackground]
Meter=Image
SolidColor=0,0,0,255
W=200
H=40
UpdateDivider=-1
DynamicVariables=1
under the [Controller] measure, it creates a black background on the very right bottom of my desktop which looks like this:
Demo.png

Note that if you have set your taskbar to automatically hide\show you might find this troubling as the background could sometimes get on top of the taskbar. If you don't have this setting it should be okay.
Ευχαριστώ φιλέ! Έλληνας και εσύ ε? :welcome:
Thanks, I'll and modify it to test how it to see how it works!
Is it posible to load a picture instead of black?
kyriakos876

Post by kyriakos876 »

sosimple wrote: December 6th, 2018, 2:56 pm Ευχαριστώ φιλέ! Έλληνας και εσύ ε? :welcome:
Thanks, I'll and modify it to test how it to see how it works!
Is it posible to load a picture instead of black?
Ναι τρελέ μου, παρακαλώ :D (απαντάω στα αγγλικά επειδή ίσως στο μέλλον έχει κ άλλος την ίδια ερώτηση οπότε να μπορεί να καταλάβει)
Sure is, just add this instead of what I wrote above:

[RightBackground]
Meter=Image
ImageName="Image_Path"
W=200
H=40
UpdateDivider=-1
DynamicVariables=1
And as Image_Path you put the path of the image :welcome:

Let me know if you need further help.