It is currently March 28th, 2024, 7:27 pm

My first skin pack.

A package of skins with a "theme" or by a single author
AlphaGamer150

My first skin pack.

Post by AlphaGamer150 »

This is called Alpha, it is simple and good enough, I will be rebuilding this skin as this was kinda a test to see weather rainmeter works how I want it too, and it does, I'm just releasing this because I want feedback on code (if you could call it that) that I wrote.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
eclectic-tech
Rainmeter Sage

Re: My first skin pack.

Post by eclectic-tech »

Good first skins...

The code "spacing" you used in your skins for "readability" is not something I use, and in most cases it does not affect the skin functions (but I have seen it cause issues).

I would suggest adding AccurateText=1 to the [Rainmeter] section for better text positioning (just something I use in every skin).

The font/graph color is a bit dark and dull for me; I would suggest creating a variables section to make it easier for end users to change the skin's colors:

Code: Select all

[Variables]
TextColor=25,255,25
Then replace every instance of your color code text 0,100,0 with #TextColor#. Now with one user edit all of the skin's font/graph colors can be changed.

Your graphs for RAM and CPU overlap the labels in those skins after a short time; I would suggest reducing the vertical size and re-positioning of those histograms so they don't cover the labels.
Modify those meters by adding a Y position and lowering the H by the same amount.
CPU Meter

Code: Select all

[CPUGraph]
Meter=Histogram
MeasureName=CPU
X=50
Y=15
W=150
H=35
PrimaryColor=#TextColor#
AntiAlias=1
All-in-all I like these skins and hope you continue developing them :thumbup:
AlphaGamer150

Post by AlphaGamer150 »

This theme was originally made for me, I never planed to release it, once I have made a theme I am happy with, I won't make more for a while.
eclectic-tech
Rainmeter Sage

Post by eclectic-tech »

Okay, if you're happy, I'm happy :17good

You asked for comments on your code, and you have "released" it by posting it here (18 downloads already) :)

Suggestions are just that, and you are the one who decides what work for your skins. :17nodding

Hope you don't wait too long to create more :welcome:
AlphaGamer150

Post by AlphaGamer150 »

I am working on a better, and improved version of the theme, I plan for this to be my last one until I get a second monitor.