It is currently April 20th, 2024, 2:56 am

Google Calendar ... next n days (under construction)

Clocks and timer skins
Ruff_hi

Google Calendar ... next n days (under construction)

Post by Ruff_hi »

I've used rainmeter to put a clock and the local weather on my desk top. I used illustro's clock as the basis of my clock (just bigger hh:mm so I can see the time from the other side of the room) and Tonxico Suite's Weather (added a *C as I am more familiar with that form a really cold / really hot perspective).

Last Sunday we were lounging around and the phone rang ... a friend who was going to be here in 15 minutes ... and we had completely forgotten. It might or might not have been in our calendar ... but what is the use of that when you never look at your calendar.

So ... rainmeter with a google gmail calendar listing please! But no luck ... I couldn't find what I was after ... so I am going to build my own. Maybe I didn't google hard enough. Anyway, I found Enigma Google Calendar Patch which is close but isn't exactly what I am after.

So ... let me see if I can mock up a fake skin that looks like what I am after.

This is it ... all manual text at the moment. The 'get the real info' is on my list of things to do.

I am using 4 meters ...
1) Date (shows 'Today', 'Tomorrow', 'Wed, April 25' in the pic)
2) Time (shows '20:00 - 23:00', 'All Day' in the pic)
3) Event (shows '---+---1etc', 'All Day Event' in the pic)
4) Nil (shows 'Nothing on today' in the pic)

I am not completely happy with the above ... I want to ...
  • get more length in Event
  • kill Nil and hijack Event if Time is blank
    • need to change color, x layout
    • but I should be able to do that via formula and if statement
Note that my Time and Event meters are variable lengths depending on how many calendar events there are. I am running all of the calendar events on a single day into one meter ... using CRLF to wrap them and give the 'appearance' of multiple lines. This means that trailing item (Date) has to know how many lines there are in the previous items (I will probably populate this during data collection ... if I can).
Ruff_hi

Re: Google Calendar ... next n days (under construction)

Post by Ruff_hi »

reserved for pics
Ruff_hi

Post by Ruff_hi »

And the learning continues ...

I don't have to know how many entries in the prior meter to position the next day ... I can just use the appropriate meter positioning options ... line Y=5R from this page ... where the 'R' adds 5 pixels from the bottom of the prior meter.

I am not even sure I need to know it for the current meter (my H value is a formula) ... I think I can use a wrap option to auto-grow my H as required.

BTW ... is there a way of not having to type all of the options again and again for subsequent meters?

Here is my current code for Day2. The code for Day3 will be identical apart from the Text option.

Code: Select all

[meterDay2]
Meter=String
MeterStyle=styleDay
X=18
Y=5R
W=95
H=25
Text=Tomorrow
Can we add, or does rainmeter already have, an 'inheritance' option? Something like ...

Code: Select all

[meterDay3]
Inheritance=meterDay2
Text=The Day After Tomorrow
... so that all of the meterDay2 options are 'copied' down and then you modify the ones you want to change.
Respi

Post by Respi »

Do you have a current Git that you are using to work on this?

I like the idea and want to see the lines behind the scenes,
and offer some help if you are getting stuck.