It is currently March 28th, 2024, 12:32 pm

opinions on my first skin.

A package of skins with a "theme" or by a single author
JediWarrior

opinions on my first skin.

Post by JediWarrior »

Hello all,
I think I've finally got there and finished my first skin. Its a Launcher that "launches" different files and folders that may come in handy and you need from time to time but can be fiddly to get to if your in the middle of something, like Uninstall, System Configuration, restart, etc. I'd value any opinion on it . There is a choice of control panels to use, square or lite panel and also a choice of 3 toggles to hide the panel when not needed but the toggle remains in a corner of your desktop for when its needed. A single click of the toggle will toggle whichever panel you are using and a double click willl toggle all loaded Rainmeter skins to clear your desktop if needed . I've really enjoyed learning to code to write this so please feel free to criticize 'cuz it won't put mr off or piss me off [much], but it will hopefully make my next skin better. Thanks in anticipation.... :17good :17good :17drums :17drums :17nodding :17nodding

Oh PS.. Ive attached a copy with this post,,,Thanks Again :17oops :17oops
JediWarrior

Re: opinions on my first skin.

Post by JediWarrior »

You Really do have to make allowances for my age and the terrible pressure that life has put me under fo so so so many years :17oops :17oops :17oops
Attachments
PowerPair_2.2.rmskin
(3.79 MiB) Downloaded 68 times
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

Just one comment: I think the !Refresh bangs are not needed at all in the LeftMouseUpAction options of the [Blackness] meters, in the skins of the Toggles config. I'd remove them, because usually refreshing the skin isn't a very good idea: https://forum.rainmeter.net/viewtopic.php?p=119966#p119966
And here they aren't needed at all. All those skins are working same well, even without those !Refresh bangs.
JediWarrior

Post by JediWarrior »

Hi, Just to let you all know I've posted this skin to DA.. You can find it at

https://jediwarrior2.deviantart.com/art/Power-Pair-2-3-730593562

Hope you have time to have a look, , especially eclectic tech and Balala who both helped so much. Thank You :17nodding :17nodding :17drums :17drums :17good :17good
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

JediWarrior wrote:Hope you have time to have a look, , especially eclectic tech and Balala who both helped so much.
Thanks for the appreciations.
Ok, I took a look and still have a comment. The OnFocusAction and the OnWakeAction options, used in the [Rainmeter] section of more skins of the Panel config, have two minor typos:
  • In the OnWakeAction, there is an extra bracket: OnWakeAction=[Play #@#\Sounds\Hello.wav][color=#FF0000]][/color]. Remove it. This issue is common in the LitePanel.ini, squarepanel.ini and squarepanelsilent.ini skins.
  • The exclamation sign is in a wrong place in the OnFocusAction option. Move it inside of the bracket. Replace the
    OnfocusAction=[color=#FF0000]![/color][Refresh "PowerPair\Panels"] option with OnFocusAction=[[color=#009B00]![/color]Refresh "PowerPair\Panels"] (squarepanel.ini and squarepanelsilent.ini).
    But I still don't think these refreshes would be ever needed. I'd renounce to them. the refresh is an action which should have to be avoided as much as this is possible. In my last reply you can find out why.
JediWarrior

Post by JediWarrior »

Thanks for that Balala,I think I may have the enthusiasm to do this, just not the accuracy. :17nodding :17nodding :17nodding
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

JediWarrior wrote:Thanks for that Balala,I think I may have the enthusiasm to do this, just not the accuracy. :17nodding :17nodding :17nodding
Don't worry, it happens sometimes to all of us, I think.