It is currently March 28th, 2024, 2:55 pm

A game launcher that automatically generates icons and works with any game. Just have a folder with your shortcuts in it

Skins to open folders and launch applications and websites
Krainz

A game launcher that automatically generates icons and works with any game. Just have a folder with your shortcuts in it

Post by Krainz »

https://gfycat.com/MildWellgroomedAsiaticmouflon

https://gfycat.com/SpeedyViciousFoxterrier

The icons are generated using each game's own box cover art.

The launcher is going to support up to 30 shortcuts.

Part of AsteriaSuite. More to come.

This is still a Work In Progress.
Krainz

Re: A game launcher that automatically generates icons and works with any game. Just have a folder with your shortcuts i

Post by Krainz »

Good morning, everyone.

This is a survey designed to help me define priorities in developing my project: https://goo.gl/forms/UJE9RKViKufTs7tR2

In order to optimize this project for the public (you guys), I need to post a few surveys to better define my development priorities. And I also need you to participate and answer them, so I get to know you better.

Thanks in advance! :)
jsmorley
Developer

Re: A game launcher that automatically generates icons and works with any game. Just have a folder with your shortcuts i

Post by jsmorley »

Just be aware that if you put out any form of "premium" or other "paid" version of anything you make with Rainmeter, we will remove all posts about it or references to it from these forums.

The software is open source and you can certainly do as you like, but we won't support commercial use of Rainmeter in the community forums.
eclectic-tech
Rainmeter Sage

Post by eclectic-tech »

Hello krainz! :welcome:

I am not a 'gamer' so I really have no input for this particular survey, but I was very impressed with the preview of AsteriaSuite you posted, and look forward to seeing more of it when you are ready to release it :thumbup:
Krainz

Post by Krainz »

jsmorley wrote:Just be aware that if you put out any form of "premium" or other "paid" version of anything you make with Rainmeter, we will remove all posts about it or references to it from these forums.

The software is open source and you can certainly do as you like, but we won't support commercial use of Rainmeter in the community forums.
What about crowdfunded and donation-oriented initiatives, like Kickstarter?

So far the surveys are pointing out that the best strategy should be a 100% free project with updates and future releases oriented as donations and funding reach each release's goal.