Clipboard Meter - Gadgets Patch 7.4.0

A package of skins with a "theme" or by a single author
SilverAzide
Rainmeter Sage

Clipboard Meter - Gadgets Patch 7.4.0

Post by SilverAzide »

Clipboard-Meter.png

Clipboard Meter
Clipboard Meter Gadget inspired by the well-known AddGadgets.com Windows Sidebar gadgets.

The Clipboard Meter Gadget is a collaboration between Eclectic-Tech and myself, based on his illustroClipboard+ skin with styling to match the Gadgets suite.

*** NOTE: ***
The installer is in the form of a patch, which will patch your existing Gadgets installation without affecting your existing configuration or layouts. If you don't have the Gadgets suite installed, it will install as a standalone skin.

Features
  • Manages up to 10 items copied to your clipboard.
  • Supports text, images, files, and data.
  • Left-click a clip to move it to the top of the stack and onto your Windows clipboard, then paste it where you want.
  • Middle-click any unselected clip to delete it from the stack.
  • Double-click the clipboard icon to clear all clips and your Windows clipboard.
  • Allows setting to topmost window position.
  • Configurable tooltips show the text of multi-line clips.
  • Scales to any desired size.

Requirements
  • Rainmeter 4.5.16 or later.

Version History
7.4.0 - 2022-09-23:
  • Enhanced to support the Gadgets Modernizer patch.
7.3.0 - 2022-04-08:
  • Corrected all Gadgets so skin corners are rounded properly at all scale factors.
6.1.0 - 2021-05-14:
  • Corrected missing settings script file in installer.
  • Reverted dynamic settings enhancement added to all skins in v6.0.0 due to performance degradation.
6.0.0 - 2021-04-06:
  • Revised all Gadgets to use default positioning options.
  • Revised Settings skins button appearance due to changes in Rainmeter 4.3.0.
  • Major revisions to better emulate original AddGadgets.com appearance and to improve Settings behavior (fewer full refreshes).
  • Replaced RainRGB with ColorPickerPlus to eliminate false positive antivirus warnings (thanks raiguard!).
4.0.1 - 2018-07-08:
  • Corrected Settings to prevent long text entries from displaying outside the bounds of textboxes.
4.0.0 - 2018-03-17:
  • Added ability to clear the Windows clipboard and all clips.
3.0.1 - 2017-10-07:
  • Initial release.

Attribution

License
Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International (CC BY-NC-SA 4.0)

Last edited by SilverAzide on November 7th, 2020, 4:47 am, edited 8 times in total.
iieeann

Re: Clipboard Meter - Gadgets Patch 3.0.1

Post by iieeann »

Copy a row in MS Excel crashed the Rainmeter. .NET framework prompt.

Similar crash happened before this to Windows Gadget Clipboarder too, but seems they fixed it few days ago.
SilverAzide
Rainmeter Sage

Post by SilverAzide »

OK... not much I can do about this, as I'm not the author of the clipboard plugin. Sorry... :(
iieeann

Post by iieeann »

Yeah, the plugin for clipboard available for rainmeter is still far from usable, until then I will still have to use the old windows gadget for clipboard.
dudebaker

Post by dudebaker »

One small bug-report I think:
After installing the skin, the default position-setting of it is to be always on top instead of normal.
If you change it to normal and restart Rainmeter it changes this setting again to be always on top - little bit annoying :)
SilverAzide
Rainmeter Sage

Post by SilverAzide »

dudebaker wrote:After installing the skin, the default position-setting of it is to be always on top instead of normal.
If you change it to normal and restart Rainmeter it changes this setting again to be always on top - little bit annoying :)
Hmm, I'm not seeing this behavior at all. The default position is "normal" (ZPos = 0). Toggling the value (0/1) saves the setting to the ClipboardVariables.inc file, which will then restore your preference next time the skin loads. I combed through the code and I don't see anyplace where ZPos is ever set to 1 (topmost) by default.
:confused:
dudebaker

Post by dudebaker »

Ok - thanks for the info.
I was looking into your code too and I couldn't find anything like AlwaysOnTop.
Anyway... I've deleted the clipboard folder and the 3 related ressource-files and reinstalled the skin.
The position-setting keeps now its value... sometimes Rainmeter has it's own behavior :confused:
Sorry for the bug-report :oops:
Jcee

Post by Jcee »

@dudebaker
9th line of code ;) I had to remove that in my copy too :P

@SilverAzide
I'm the guy who made the gnometer variant with auto-hide :P (didn't check the dates on DeviantArt, so I was surprised when I saw your post here)

Might as-well attach it(its just the .ini, you still have to throw it into the skin folder made by this skin).
This version also features:
-Matching the Gnometer suite
-auto-hide; which hides everything except the current clipboard item
-settings button removed (the settings still work, you jsut have to manually add the settings meter)
-a bug where even blank items are highlightable (I probably wont bother fixing, because its not a big deal)
-removal of the 'always on top' functions (PS any program utilizing 'always on top' can cause issues with Z-position for other applications on Windows 10)
Attachments
Clipboard Meter.zip
(3.07 KiB) Downloaded 101 times
SilverAzide
Rainmeter Sage

Re: Clipboard Meter - Gadgets Patch 4.0.0

Post by SilverAzide »

There has been a minor update to the Clipboard Meter gadget:

For version 4.0.0:
  • Added ability to clear the Windows clipboard and all clips.
Get it on DeviantART: http://fav.me/dbptttz
SilverAzide
Rainmeter Sage

Re: Clipboard Meter - Gadgets Patch 4.0.1

Post by SilverAzide »

All Gadgets including Clipboard Meter are moving to GitHub as the primary download source. DeviantArt will still be supported.

There has been a minor update to the Clipboard Meter gadget:

For version 4.0.1:
  • Corrected Settings to prevent long text entries from displaying outside the bounds of textboxes.

Download the latest version (v4.0.1) from GitHub