It is currently March 28th, 2024, 6:09 pm

Color Triad

Skins with graphics and animations
eclectic-tech
Rainmeter Sage

Re: Color Triad

Post by eclectic-tech »

CursorColor plugin is doing pretty much the same as this lua did 3 years ago when Kaelri wrote it... :D

Darn, I should have remembered you added that 3rd party plugin last year... no lua needed, but a 3rd party plugin is! ;-)
eclectic-tech
Rainmeter Sage

Post by eclectic-tech »

After a lot of Hi-Jacking, and a little tinkering by me, I decided to switch from Kaelri's Lua script to JSMorley's CursorColor...

See, sometimes pestering does pay off! :sly:

This change allows me to include a new Desktop Color Picker skin.

Another advantage for skin authors is the picker skin should be easy to incorporated in to other color setting skins; set 3 variables in the picker skin to tell it where to save the color.

THANK YOU JSMorley for your pestering & plugin! :D

Link in first post updated to V 1.2017.10.05
eclectic-tech
Rainmeter Sage

Post by eclectic-tech »

Disclaimer: I only dabble in Lua, so if I overlooked an obvious solution, rather than the one below, please feel free to correct me. :)

I looked into using the lua HSBLib, but found it had a similar issue to other skins that select complimentary colors:
Not picking brightness that is complimentary to the color when the colors were close to white or black... it would select brightness similar to the color brightness, rather than a complimentary level.

With a small mod to the colorBrightness formula in HSBLib to: colorBrightness = (1 - colorMax * colorMin) or 1, it returns better levels as the colors approach white or black.

With that resolved, I created a ColorDegree.lua file to properly set opposite and 2 complimentary colors using HSBLib.
The resulting generated colors and brightness are more complimentary :sly:

First post download updated to V 1.2017.10.08
eclectic-tech
Rainmeter Sage

Post by eclectic-tech »

Added the "Ease of Access" ~ Magnify.exe to assist in desktop color selection.

You can control the magnification using "Ease of Access" settings.

Tested in Win10, It should work in Win8.1. Win7 users may not be able to use magnification.

Link in first post updated...
xavier

Post by xavier »

Is there a plugin which returns the desktop color at an x,y position (whatever the wallpaper may be: solid color, image...)?
Thanks
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

xavier wrote: September 27th, 2020, 7:39 pm Is there a plugin which returns the desktop color at an x,y position (whatever the wallpaper may be: solid color, image...)?
Chameleon plugin.
xavier

Post by xavier »

Thanks balala for your answer but I think the Chameleon plugin might not do the trick (or I am not using it as I should).

The plugin works fine with an image set as a desktop wallpaper but not with a solid color wallpaper.

The Socks skin turns to B&W as soon as I switch from a picture wallpaper to a solid color wallpaper.

Any thoughts?
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

xavier wrote: September 28th, 2020, 3:48 pm Any thoughts?
Unfortunaetly not from my part. Probably someone else who is using much more frequently this plugin will have to help you.
Sorry...