It is currently April 20th, 2024, 4:28 am

Palantir cover art (NowPlaying)

Media controls, music players, video and animated visualizers
Bananorpion

Palantir cover art (NowPlaying)

Post by Bananorpion »

Yop.
Created a nice trick for a cover art, which I don't know if it's used already, so I'm sharing it here.

Top picture: cover art is in a "palantir" (Seeing orb thing in the Lord of the Rings)
Bottom picture: cover art is shown
Both states are changeable with left click

Disclaimer: this has been created to fit with my full skin and wallpaper, it might not be as smooth with another, but with my files you could easily see how to do the same, with a few photoshop tricks.
Attached is a zip file containing the skin and the necessary resources.

Next I'm gonna make the palantir frames moving, if someone's interested I will update it here.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
CyberTheWorm

Re: Palantir cover art (NowPlaying)

Post by CyberTheWorm »

Nice, love the Quenya - Tengwar script. Nice job :thumbup:
The only source of knowledge is experience. Albert Einstein
Deviant Art Page
eclectic-tech
Rainmeter Sage

Post by eclectic-tech »

Nice idea!

I animated the planatir using a mask for the cover and 2 rotating images with intensity driven by the audio level.
Colors of each can be modified and the cover can be grey scaled.
I guess you could use a bitmap animation for more realism, but I wasn't that ambitious ;-)
lotr1.gif
Here's a package with the cover and animated planatir; maybe you can use some of this code... totally up to you.

Thanks for sharing! :rosegift:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Bananorpion

Post by Bananorpion »

eclectic-tech wrote:Nice idea!
I guess you could use a bitmap animation for more realism, but I wasn't that ambitious ;-)
I assumed it was a challenge.

(I plan an adding more frames when I have some motivation.)
(I used a shitty software to record frames, but the update cycles are way faster than it seems on the gif. I did experience some fps drops with too low update rates, but I think it's balanced now.)

Edit: clicking on the palantir makes it disappear, clicking on the cover makes it reappear, middle mouse click pauses the animation, scroll up/down makes the animation faster/slower (Fixed values so far, I had trouble with variable incrementing, 'cause not a Rainmeter expert, I'll fix that later), and the "fire" animation is dependent on the audio output level (If it's muted, ImageAlpha=0, if there's a lot of sound, it appears the brightest)
eclectic-tech
Rainmeter Sage

Post by eclectic-tech »

Bananorpion wrote:I assumed it was a challenge.
(I plan an adding more frames when I have some motivation.)
Not trying to challenge, just enjoyed what you had done and nudge the animation effort.

Nice addition! :thumbup:

Aside: There is a LOTR suite of skins... you may want to identify your creation with a unique name, otherwise users may delete the suite when installing your player :uhuh:
Bananorpion

Post by Bananorpion »

I always take nudge as a challenge to do better. (Besides, working on Rainmeter is more fun than my real job, where nobody seems to appreciate it when I put fire in it.)
eclectic-tech wrote: Aside: There is a LOTR suite of skins... you may want to identify your creation with a unique name, otherwise users may delete the suite when installing your player :uhuh:
Hadn't thought of that indeed, but these are zip files, so Windows should SCREAM if you try to merge it with a same-name directory. (I don't know how skins conflict are handled by Rainmeter, tbh, but isn't there a merge alert in such cases?)(Which LOTR-named suite are you referencing to? I had not looked into other LOTR-related suites before I made mine, tbh, but if the particular suite you're referencing is the one I created, this player should be considered an alpha update! Otherwise, I'll change the whole suite name in my next update)
eclectic-tech
Rainmeter Sage

Post by eclectic-tech »

That's the one! ...
I didn't even check the author name, just noticed I already had LOTR installed when I went to check out your player :D

Nice work on all of these! :great: