It is currently April 19th, 2024, 2:57 pm

ForceX System Monitor v3.0.6(Feb-20-2013)

A package of skins with a "theme" or by a single author
Dark_Wizard

Re: ForceX System Monitor 1.4 (April-4-2010)

Post by Dark_Wizard »

I was working on another addon to add to display the drive colors as yellow if between 80-90% of used disk space...

Thought: Network Total Upload and Download should be moved to below Traffic UP and Traffiic DL as eventually the number will get too big if not reset and wouldn't fit within the dimensions of the plugin.
-- Bob Mac --
unknownsoldierx

Post by unknownsoldierx »

This has almost everything I've been looking for in a single skin. I can't wait for CPU temps (maybe HDD temps, too?)

My only problem is the CPU section. How do I get rid of the all that wasted space:
forcex.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
ForceX

Post by ForceX »

I'm actively working on ForceX System Monitor V2 This will address the CPU spacing and add support for intel's new 6 core / 12 threaded CPU coming out, and I'm placing in place holders for CPU Temp and Network Connections. It also cleans up the interface to make better use of space all around. I hope to have a preview release in a day or two. V2 is also a modular self adjusting design, making it much easier for me to mod with out worrying about spacings getting messed up.

Here's a screen shot of the work so far.

Cores 9-12 are green because i dont have that many ATM... Releases will include 2, 4, 6, 8, 12 core
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by ForceX on April 6th, 2010, 1:49 am, edited 2 times in total.
ForceX

Post by ForceX »

Dark_Wizard

Yellow can be added quite easly i'll put it in V2.

As for the network counter; once it reaches 1000 M it switches to 1G. So it should never get above a 3 digit and 1 decimal. But i may do this in V2
JamesAC
Developer

Post by JamesAC »

This is really developing well, I like the new titles down the side.
+++ Divide By Cucumber Error. Please Reinstall Universe And Reboot +++
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
Dark_Wizard

Post by Dark_Wizard »

JamesAC wrote:This is really developing well, I like the new titles down the side.
X2! This is a great skin and I like everything about it.
ForceX wrote:Yellow can be added quite easly i'll put it in V2.

As for the network counter; once it reaches 1000 M it switches to 1G. So it should never get above a 3 digit and 1 decimal. But i may do this in V2
Couple of suggestions...sorry if I am adding too much but I think this would really top it off.
  • * How about collapsable sections? You can set it in "Settings.inc" for the default open/close when the skin is loaded and click on an icon i.e. up/down arrow to open/close the section if you do/don't want to use it etc...or maybe a mouseover?
    * In "Settings.inc" let the user set the location of the clock/date i.e. top or bottom and have that as a seperate font so we can adjust it to our liking.
Best System Info skin ever! Keep up the great work!

Bob
-- Bob Mac --
ForceX

Post by ForceX »

Dark_Wizard

If you can point me to an example skin for the collapsible sections I'll defiantly look into that. For the clock i would need to make 2 versions. The placement of the clock is hard coded into the skin via X,Y and there driven by the X,Y values from the last object above it. But defiantly try to find a skin or some documentation for the collapsible sections.
ForceX

Post by ForceX »

maminscris wrote:
I've tried to connect to a torrent downloader to check the number of connections and i cant seam to get it to work. All i can get it to do is return a value of 0.
Dark_Wizard

Post by Dark_Wizard »

ForceX wrote:Dark_Wizard

If you can point me to an example skin for the collapsible sections I'll defiantly look into that. For the clock i would need to make 2 versions. The placement of the clock is hard coded into the skin via X,Y and there driven by the X,Y values from the last object above it. But defiantly try to find a skin or some documentation for the collapsible sections.
Then why not keep it on top? As for the collapsable sections look at the Blue Feed as an example.
Last edited by Dark_Wizard on April 5th, 2010, 11:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-- Bob Mac --
Dark_Wizard

Post by Dark_Wizard »

ForceX wrote: I've tried to connect to a torrent downloader to check the number of connections and i cant seam to get it to work. All i can get it to do is return a value of 0.
PerfMonInstance= is not defined....

PerfMonInstance=_Total
-- Bob Mac --