It is currently March 28th, 2024, 12:56 pm

ForceX System Monitor v3.0.6(Feb-20-2013)

A package of skins with a "theme" or by a single author
ForceX

Re: ForceX System Monitor v3.0.6(Feb-20-2013)

Post by ForceX »

Sorry for the delay, my home Internet has been broken for the last two days. The tech is suspose to be here late today, again. So we'll see. Thanks Timewarner for a Internet that comes with a 50% up time :thumbdown:
Xenbox

Post by Xenbox »

ForceX wrote:Sorry for the delay, my home Internet has been broken for the last two days. The tech is suspose to be here late today, again. So we'll see. Thanks Timewarner for a Internet that comes with a 50% up time :thumbdown:
There is no rush mate :) all in good time :thumbup:

good luck with the getting the net back
ramsalemix

Post by ramsalemix »

Is there a way to make the all V3 skin transparent(not black&red) same as in V2.2.0?
Thanks in advance ^_^
ForceX

Post by ForceX »

@ramsalemix : Yes check out page 26 of this forum HERE for the answer. Instead of 255 you will use 0 instead.
ramsalemix

Post by ramsalemix »

Thank you, ForceX .
ctd1500

Post by ctd1500 »

I don't know if it's happened for anyone else, but I had to change the Detect_OS substitution line in the Network .ini's in order for network connections to be counted / shown.

Code: Select all

[Detect_OS]
Substitute="Windows XP Professional":"0","Windows XP":"0","Windows Vista(TM) Home Premium":"1","Windows Vista(TM) Home":"1","Windows Vista(TM) Professional":"1","Windows Vista(TM) Ultimate":"1","Windows 7 Home Premium":"1","Windows 7 Home":"1","Windows 7 Professional":"1","Windows 7 Ultimate":"1","Windows 8 Pro":"1"
It seems to break if it sees something like "Windows 7 Home" before "Windows 7 Home Premium". Putting "Windows 7 Home Premium" first has fixed the problem.
sling-shot

Post by sling-shot »

This is my first post. I have to thank ForceX for his great work in providing this beautiful skin :)
I have slightly modified it to get some components to work in my desktop and this is the screen shot :

I have an AMD Athlon X2 3600+ CPU, AMD HD4670 GPU, 3 GB RAM, BioStar A780LB Motherboard, 2 HDDs with multiple partitions, running Windows XP Professional SP3 updated. There is only one fan for CPU inside the cabinet.

I had to :
1. Adjust the drive lettering to represent my partitions correctly.
2. Had to adjust the fan numbering to get the correct value.
3. Had to compare with SpeedFan and BioStar temperature monitoring utility readings to get the CPU, GPU and SYSTEM temperature values correct. Also I have changed the graph max values slightly as allowed temperature range in unlikely to go above 80.
4. Had to change the code representing the CPUs based on a reference I found here by jsmorley http://rainmeter.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=7632 to get the individual core CPU % to work.
5. I have changed the color for the Network Traffic values to suit my eyes.

I have not been able to solve :
1. Process: 0 and Top Processes: values.
2. Have not figured out what is 0.0 below the individual partition labels.
ctd1500

Post by ctd1500 »

sling-shot wrote:I have not been able to solve :

2. Have not figured out what is 0.0 below the individual partition labels.
The 0.0 and the little graph next to it are supposed to display the current hard disk read/write activity in bytes per second.

It appears you may not have networking fully functional either.

This is my modified version of the older ForceX layout: Image
sling-shot

Post by sling-shot »

I had forgotten the Network part. The local IP sometimes is visible sometimes not. But Connections was never visible.

I can neglect it at the moment as the more important thing for me is to get Process count and Top Process working first.

When you refer to an older ForceX layout, does it mean that there is a version newer than what I am presently using? I am on version 3.0.6 at present.

Could you help me troubleshoot this? I have already tried a few things such as a "lodctr /r" command suggested by another member on another post but that does not seem to be working in XP (probably for Win 7). The other option is to use TopProcess.dll but it crashes Rainmeter, so no go.
warjar

Re: ForceX System Monitor v2.2.0(Mar-20-2011)

Post by warjar »

Hi, I just discovered rainmeter and i love this skin of yours, after a slight personal customization ;) Thanks!

I see more ppl had the same issue as me, and I can't see that it's been answered. my appologizes if i've overlooked it.
smoothness05 wrote:
i have installed speedfan and i think i have configured it properly :S... although for some reason 2 things are not working.

1. Process shows "0" when i know for a fact i am running a number of processes.

2. my 4 cores show a solid blue bar and are not moving...
VKJSM27 wrote: Yes mine has just started to do this today very odd as it was working fine

also all the HDD "graphs" have stopped working as well as the network "graph"

shame because this is a great skin
Necronskill wrote:Hi, this problem just recently starting occurring where my cores will all show at 100% usage and my processes will always say 0, as well as the top processes being blank. Hopefully someone can help me on this problem, much appreciated.
Psicrow wrote:Hello, first a big thank you for this great work

But unfortunately, the skin do not works for me properly.
The cpu meter is always 100%. HDD graph show unfortunately nothing. The mhz of my cpu is not correct. Process and top process dont working. see the picture :)

I think that the perfmon.dll not working properly.

System:
Win Vista 64 ultimate
AMD Phenom Quad-Core Processor 2.30 GHz

can someone help me please

to mention some...

Your Windows Performance Monitor (Perfmon.msc) is most likely broken. Try rebuilding it:

- Run cmd as admin
- Type "lodctr /r"
- Reboot

Should sort the issues where core load, processes and hdd activity not showing.

I still have an issue with the network speeds that i havent looked into yet. Both UL and DL speeds are more then 2x the actual speeds. If anyone can save me the troubleshooting. plz post ;)

regards
warjar