It is currently March 28th, 2024, 5:23 pm

ForceX System Monitor v3.0.6(Feb-20-2013)

A package of skins with a "theme" or by a single author
raiguard

Re: ForceX System Monitor v3.0.6(Feb-20-2013)

Post by raiguard »

Dark_Wizard wrote:Hey everyone. I have created a fork of this project (ForceXtreme) and it combines ForceX and Illustro Gadets together. It uses HwINFO instead of SpeedFan. Below is a screenshot of what is to come.
ForceXtreme.png
Huh. Looks interesting. I look forward to seeing what you do with my skins!
Dark_Wizard

Post by Dark_Wizard »

iamanai wrote:Huh. Looks interesting. I look forward to seeing what you do with my skins!
Your skin is great! I have it running on my desktop now ;). All credits to you will be in the skin to reflect all your hard work.
raiguard

Post by raiguard »

Dark_Wizard wrote:Your skin is great! I have it running on my desktop now ;). All credits to you will be in the skin to reflect all your hard work.
Thanks. Although, you might want to take a look at my WIP successor to iG, which has much better coding and would be easier to implement into ForceX. Here's the GitHub repository if you're interested.
Dark_Wizard

Post by Dark_Wizard »

iamanai wrote:Thanks. Although, you might want to take a look at my WIP successor to iG, which has much better coding and would be easier to implement into ForceX. Here's the GitHub repository if you're interested.
I just d/l it and loaded it but my RainMeter crashes. I will compare code and see what is going on. Lastly, it was no big deal to integrate your illustro Gadgets into ForceX...
raiguard

Post by raiguard »

Dark_Wizard wrote:I just d/l it and loaded it but my RainMeter crashes. I will compare code and see what is going on. Lastly, it was no big deal to integrate your illustro Gadgets into ForceX...
Ok, just covering all my bases. I am aware of a crashing issue, it's something in the CPU skin's measures. Thanks.
Dark_Wizard

Post by Dark_Wizard »

Here is what it is looking like at present.
ForceXtreme.jpg
mikeloeven

Post by mikeloeven »

Is there any chance of adding a HDD activity / throughput monitor that goes by physical disk number and not drive letter. This is something i am looking for so i can monitor partition copy operations which are performed without drive letters
SilverAzide
Rainmeter Sage

Post by SilverAzide »

You can change the PerfMon measures from using "LogicalDisk" to "PhysicalDisk". Probably simpler to make a whole new skin for this, since the built-in Rainmeter measures use logical disks.
timothytt547

Post by timothytt547 »

Hey all. I've been using this skin for 5 years and more now, but only recently I've noticed that a lot of stuff has broken over time that I realised I could fix. So I fixed what I noticed in the HDD and Network components:

Image Image

Here's the changelog:

HDD Information Meters

Added a percentage readout for used disk space.
This is something I've added that I find helpful, if you want to remove it, find

Code: Select all

[Rl_Drive1UsedString]
and remove

(%2%)
from the end of the line.

Fixed actual disk usage bar length
If you refer to the image above, you'll notice that, before, the disk usage bar doesn't actually show the correct percentage of disk space consumed, and instead was capped at static values like 150 or 145px wide.

Network Meters

Connections
If your connections are at 0 but you are connected to the internet, this might fix it.

Go to your system information display ("This PC">Properties in Win8/10) and find out your full system name. Chances are it's a version of Windows 8.1 or 10, because this skin was last updated in early 2013, before Windows 8.1 and 10 came out.
In my case, my full system name is "Windows 10 Home". So I (have already) added this to the end of line 56 (or 54 in variant TopBottom_2):

, "Windows 10 Home":"1"
This whole line basically determines which function the program will run further down the road. Since Win7/8/10 are basically the same, this will run without problems.

Local IP module
- Changed SysInfoData from "0" to "Best". If you had problems with this being broken, it was most likely because the "0"th network adapter wasn't in use.

WAN IP module
- Measure changed to only "Measure=WebParser" as recommended by documentation
- Fixed the WAN IP address. The previous code parsed a website for your IP, which has changed its structure since 2013 so the RegEx no longer worked. I've changed it to parse from another website, and used a RegEx that searched for the only instance of a span class followed by the WAN IP address. If it breaks again because the website structure changed, refer to the documentation to look for another website/RegEx to use.

https://docs.rainmeter.net/tips/webparser-tutorial/

---

If there's anything broken from my fixes, refer to the changelog to troubleshoot, or ask here, I'm sure some more capable members can help.

The zip contains the HDD skins (all variants fixed) and the Network Meters (also all variants fixed). Just paste them over the original ones (backup optional). (EDIT: Thanks to the poster below for point that out. I only use the 2 HDD variant so I didn't see that error. Updated version has been attached.)
Attachments
ForceX System Monitor 3 Fix.zip
v2
(22.22 KiB) Downloaded 196 times
Last edited by timothytt547 on March 4th, 2018, 3:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rewilon

Post by Rewilon »

Little fix of your fix: ;-)

You forgot to put in the correct values for the height of the red "HDD Monitor" titlebar for higher numbers of HDDs.

2 HDDs (correct in your "HDD_2.ini" file)

[Title_Bar]
H=((2 * 70) + (1 * #HDDPadding#))

3 HDDs (how it should be in "HDD_3.ini")

[Title_Bar]
H=((3 * 70) + (1 * #HDDPadding#))
4 HDDs (how it should be "HDD_4.ini")

[Title_Bar]
H=((4 * 70) + (1 * #HDDPadding#))
...and so on for higher numbers.