It is currently March 28th, 2024, 11:45 am

Alexandra(V1)

A package of skins with a "theme" or by a single author
sephirotess

Alexandra(V1)

Post by sephirotess »

Alexandra(V1) by Sephirotess: Alexandra Shepard

Alexandra(V1): not a theme for "Mass Effect" (BioWare Montréal), just inspiration by a nice wall :-)
Preview.jpg

Options:

- 8 languages: English, French, Spanish, Italian, Portuguese, German, Russian & Serbian
- text color, font face, font size... can be modified,
- easy configuration. Use the "config panel" to change settings.

- Serbian language thanks HipHopium,
- Spanish language thanks to Agelyk

Section "Divers":

- Calendar: calendar with full date (local language) & events. Use the arrow to see previous or next months. Use the "month" panel in the config folder to change the events,

- Dock1: applications dock (8 links) + Windows dock (notepad, calculator, Explorer...) + controls (hibernate, restart, shutdown...),

- Notes: a simple tool for taking some notes (3 notes),

- Slideshow: it indicates the number of pictures in the folder & the total size. It indicates the path & the name of the file (mouse over the picture). The first orb opens the folder of the pictures. The second has for function to offer a preview, the third permits to stop and to restart the slideshow. The fourth set current picture as wallpaper. The fifths permits to preserve (or not) the aspect ratio (left and right click) and the last one apply (or not) a grey scale (left and right click),

- Time : time & Uptime.

Section "HDD":

- Letters (HDD C -> Z ): shows the letter of the HDD, as well as the name. It indicates the size of the disk. The skin shows used & free space (GB and percentages). It shows number of reading / writings by second. It also indicates the activity of the disk, reading / writing and cumulative readings and writings, by session,

- Recycle Bin + Battery: shows the number of present files and their size. It also shows the rate of replenishment of the trash. Shows battery level, option to change power settings (balanced, hig performance & power saver), source & power status.

Section "Sound":

- Player: shows the name of the artist, the title of the song, title of the album and the cover album. It indicates the position of the title and the total length. Buttons: play/pause, stop, previous, next, volume up and volume down. Left click on the bar to modify the position of the track,

- Volume: left click on the percentage increase sound & right click decrease sound. Mute option and current audio device (left click to change it).

Section "System":

- CPU: shows number of cores, CPU used, current temperature & hottest temperature of all cores. Current speed, max speed and voltage. Works with Coretemp,

- GPU: GPU usage, speed, memory clock, memory used, fan speed and GPU temperature (with MSIAfterBurner). More informations are indicate via tooltip. To use them, you need to set your maxmimum GPU speed/memory/memory clock, in the config panel,

- Process: number of open processes & 5 top processes with CPU, RAM and total disk usage (readings & writtings),

- RAM + SWAP: shows total/used/free RAM/SWAP (GB & percentages).

Alexandra_VR1.1.rmskin
(689.66 KiB) Downloaded 168 times

Wallpaper "Alexandra Shepard" by Eddy Shinjuku. If you want the same wallpaper

Thanks.
stephenwongta

Re: Alexandra(V1)

Post by stephenwongta »

I found your skin here and thought it would look very nice in the computer lab displays that I manage. I was wondering if it is possible to edit this so that I can display the notes, time, and calendar at a larger window size (1920x1080).
sephirotess

Post by sephirotess »

Hi,

Thank you for your interest in this suite :welcome:.

For your question, it is very difficult, especially for the calendar, since everything is calculated for the current size of the skin. A single change and the indicators (days and events) would no longer be in the right place. So no, sorry, it will require a complete rewrite of the suite O.O.
stephenwongta

Post by stephenwongta »

That's what I thought! I better get cracking to figure this out!
sephirotess

Post by sephirotess »

stephenwongta wrote:That's what I thought! I better get cracking to figure this out!
Good luck in this case, lol. Just for information, you can change the font size in the control panel of the suite, if you find that the size is too large. You can also change the font. There are many options for users :welcome:.
DarkZRogue13

Post by DarkZRogue13 »

Can you please incorporate an colour hex code option because I'm finding it hard to get a specific colour so the interfaces match with my background.
sephirotess

Post by sephirotess »

DarkZRogue13 wrote:Can you please incorporate an colour hex code option because I'm finding it hard to get a specific colour so the interfaces match with my background.
Hi,

Use the "ColorSpectrum" (config folder) to change the color at your convenience. Then, just click on the text (color1, color2 ...) of the color to be modified. It's very simple 8-).

If you have difficulty, try your color with a software (Paint.Net, Gimp, Photoshop ...) and then transfer your color exact in the file "Style.inc" ("resouces" folder). Variables for colors are located near the end of the file. "FBB" for text, "DA1" for background, "FBC" and "FBD" for additional colors :welcome:.
DarkZRogue13

Post by DarkZRogue13 »

Thanks for the help
But quick question do i need some other program to get the interface to show my CPU temps and GPU temps
because they aren't working as of now.
Also is there anyway of making the dock tab bigger/longer

Kinda new to Rainmeter
sephirotess

Post by sephirotess »

DarkZRogue13 wrote:Thanks for the help
But quick question do i need some other program to get the interface to show my CPU temps and GPU temps
because they aren't working as of now.
Also is there anyway of making the dock tab bigger/longer

Kinda new to Rainmeter
Hi,

You need CoreTemp for the CPU and MSIAfterburner for the GPU (as indicated in the description). Both programs must be in memory so that Rainmeter can use the data :D.

The dock has a single size, which corresponds to the size (length) of the other skins.