It is currently April 19th, 2024, 9:27 am

Wind Speed and Direction V1.1.0 Updated

Weather skins
jsmorley
Developer

Re: Wind Speed and Direction V1.1.0 Updated

Post by jsmorley »

CyberTheWorm wrote:On this I don't agree, Weather vein's always point towards the wind
That's true, weather vanes point toward the wind. Guess it's ok either way.
Bekarfel

Post by Bekarfel »

CyberTheWorm wrote:On this I don't agree, Weather vein's always point towards the wind
Weather vanes always point into the wind, therefore they are pointing to where the wind is coming from, not where it is going to, right? I think you're both covering the same point.
moshi wrote:there are many Rainmeter skins that aren't really useful, so let's add another one.
jsmorley wrote:I have good news and bad news.
First the bad news. [...] We would be happy to have this happen and would love to work with anyone who is feeling ambitious.
Now the good news.
I lied, there isn't any good news...
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

Bekarfel wrote:Weather vanes always point into the wind, therefore they are pointing to where the wind is coming from, not where it is going to, right? I think you're both covering the same point.
Right. Wind direction is always expressed as where it is coming "from".

It doesn't matter. It's all semantics and your point of view. I think of an arrow as indicating a direction "toward" something, and so I don't use an arrow pointing to the source of the wind, but pointing in the direction the wind is travelling. That just makes more sense to me. If you do a google image search for "wind direction", you will find examples either way. It's a preference thing.

Having said that, there is a reason why airfields, which care a LOT about wind direction, don't use Farmer John's weather vane from 200 years ago, with or without a rooster on top. They use wind socks, which point in the correct way, in the direction the wind is moving. The distinction between "into the wind" and "with the wind" is critical to pilots.

kevindahl

Post by kevindahl »

Could you tell me how to edit the brown directions fonts? ( like north, northeast etc.) :handtohead:
CyberTheWorm

Post by CyberTheWorm »

kevindahl wrote:Could you tell me how to edit the brown directions fonts? ( like north, northeast etc.) :handtohead:
That is part of the image so you would need an image editor. https://www.gimp.org/ is free and the one I use
The only source of knowledge is experience. Albert Einstein
Deviant Art Page
kevindahl

Post by kevindahl »

:great:
jminternelia

Post by jminternelia »

Any chance this works in 4.0? Install says it requires 4.1...
CyberTheWorm

Post by CyberTheWorm »

jminternelia wrote:Any chance this works in 4.0? Install says it requires 4.1...
Will work fine in 4.0, I was testing 4.1 and forgot to change the version number. Will re-upload it
The only source of knowledge is experience. Albert Einstein
Deviant Art Page
jminternelia

Post by jminternelia »

Muchos Gracias.
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

CyberTheWorm wrote:Will work fine in 4.0, I was testing 4.1 and forgot to change the version number. Will re-upload it
We should have an actual 4.1 beta out reasonably soon. Sorry that early version I put out there to get some feedback on the changes to the CoreTemp plugin bit a couple of people later when they created .rmskins...