It is currently March 28th, 2024, 8:53 am

Monstercat Visualizer for Rainmeter

Media controls, music players, video and animated visualizers
CyberTheWorm

Re: Monstercat Visualizer for Rainmeter

Post by CyberTheWorm »

CaptainTwente wrote:Hey mate, i love the visualizer. I Currently have the visualiser behind a PNG so the spectrum shows behind a few mountains. I was wondering if i could the progress bar as a seperate layer so i can but the progress bar above the PNG and not locked with the waveform/spectrum. Is there a easy way to achieve this?
Well you need to copy that file to a new folder, rename it and then strip out everything that is not the progress bar. Not that easy if you don't know what your are doing.

The code below will display just the progress bar but you will have manual adjust the X, Y, W, and H values for the prospers bar meter

Code: Select all

[Rainmeter]
Group=Spectrum
Update=10
BackgroundMode=2
SolidColor=0,0,0,1

; = IMPORTANT =
; = For configuring the rainmeter skin, right-click the visualizer and click on "Open settings".
; = You can also open the variables.ini file located in:
; = "My Documents\Rainmeter\Skins\Monstercat Visualizer\@Resources"

; Small context menu when you right-click the skin
ContextTitle=" Open settings"
ContextAction=[!ActivateConfig "#ROOTCONFIG#\Settings" "general.ini"]
ContextTitle2=" Open variables file"
ContextAction2=["#@#variables.ini"]
ContextTitle3=" Toggle background"
ContextAction3=[!ToggleConfig "#ROOTCONFIG#\Background" "Background.ini"]

OnRefreshAction=[!WriteKeyValue Variables Config "#CURRENTCONFIG#" "#@#Variables.ini"][!ActivateConfig "#ROOTCONFIG#\Settings\misc\init" "InitializeSkin.ini"]

[Metadata]
Name=Monstercat Visualizer for Rainmeter
Author=marcopixel
Version=1.7.0
License=MIT License
Information=An realtime audio visualizer for Rainmeter similar to the ones used in the Monstercat videos.

[Variables]
; Includes the variables used for the skin.
@include=#@#variables.ini

; Include media player and styling measures.
@include2=#@#include\Measure#MPMode#.inc
@include3=#@#include\MeasureStyling.inc
;For tracking mouse x location to seek song, declared here to prevent log spam on load
MouseX = 0
IsMouseDown = 0
IsMouseOver = 0

; Measure AudioLevel -  gets the current audio spectrum and outputs it to the band measures
[MeasureAudio]
Measure=Plugin
Plugin=AudioLevel
Port=Output

[MeasureCalcProgressPercent]
Measure=Calc
Formula=(#IsMouseDown# = 0 ? MeasureProgress : Clamp(#MouseX#/#SkinWidth#*100, 0, 100))
DynamicVariables=1
MinValue=0
MaxValue=100

[MeasureCalcIfMouseDownDisable]
Measure=Calc
Formula=#IsMouseDown#
UpdateDivider=-1
DynamicVariables=1
IfConditionMode=1
IfCondition = ((#IsMouseDown# = 0) && (#IsMouseOver# = 0))
IfTrueAction = [!DisableMeasure MeasureMouseProgressBar]

[MeasureSetPosition]
Measure=String
String=#PlayerName#
UpdateDivider=-1
Disabled=1
DynamicVariables=1
IfMatchMode=1
IfMatch="Spotify"
IfMatchAction=[!Log "Spotify SetPosition not supported yet"]
IfNotMatchAction=[!CommandMeasure MeasureProgress "SetPosition [MeasureCalcProgressPercent]"]

[MeasureMouseProgressBar]
Measure=Plugin
Plugin=Mouse
LeftMouseDownAction=[!SetVariable IsMouseDown 1][!SetVariable MouseX $MouseX$]
LeftMouseDragAction=[!SetVariable MouseX $MouseX$]
LeftMouseUpAction=[!SetVariable MouseX $MouseX$][!UpdateMeasure MeasureCalcProgressPercent][!EnableMeasure MeasureSetPosition][!UpdateMeasure MeasureSetPosition][!DisableMeasure MeasureSetPosition][!SetVariable IsMouseDown 0][!CommandMeasure MeasureMouseProgressBar "Stop"]
Disabled=1
RequireDragging=1
DynamicVariables=1

; Meter ProgressBar - shows the progress bar below the visualizer
[MeterProgressBar]
Meter=Bar
MeasureName=MeasureCalcProgressPercent
BarOrientation=Horizontal
X=0
Y=0
W=#SkinWidth#
H=(8*#ScaleVisualizer#)
SolidColor=0,0,0,55
BarColor=#Color#
DynamicVariables=1
Group=GroupProgressBar
;Group=GroupProgressBar | GroupDynamicColors
Hidden=#HideProgressBar#
LeftMouseDownAction=[!SetVariable IsMouseDown 1][!SetVariable MouseX $MouseX$][!UpdateMeasure MeasureCalcProgressPercent][!CommandMeasure MeasureMouseProgressBar "Start"]
MouseOverAction=[!SetVariable IsMouseOver 1][!EnableMeasure MeasureSetPosition][!EnableMeasure MeasureMouseProgressBar]
MouseLeaveAction=[!SetVariable IsMouseOver 0][!UpdateMeasure MeasureCalcIfMouseDownDisable]
CaptainTwente

Post by CaptainTwente »

Im still figuring out where to place it exactly but thanks for you quick response and help, i appreciate it ;)
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

Two questions / asks:
  • You could what with the progress bar? And what you would want to can? Because me at least didn't understand:
    CaptainTwente wrote:I was wondering if i could the progress bar as a seperate layer so i can but...
  • Pack the whole config please and upload it. Would be helpful for us to have the image of the mountain and the whole code.
CaptainTwente

Post by CaptainTwente »

balala wrote:Two questions / asks:
  • You could what with the progress bar? And what you would want to can? Because me at least didn't understand:
  • Pack the whole config please and upload it. Would be helpful for us to have the image of the mountain and the whole code.
Hi, my answer has already been solved. Im not sure what happened to my typing there. It should have been: I was wondering if i could get the progress bar as a seperate layer so i can put the progress bar above the PNG...
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

CaptainTwente wrote:Hi, my answer has already been solved.
So, it's ok now? It works as wanted?
CaptainTwente

Post by CaptainTwente »

balala wrote:So, it's ok now? It works as wanted?
Yes, i already post a reply with a picture of how it looks ;)
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

CaptainTwente wrote:Yes, i already post a reply with a picture of how it looks ;)
:thumbup:
TRMTZD

Post by TRMTZD »

Are the pause/play/skip buttons attached to the cover art supposed to function? Because they don't do anything for me. I am using it with Spotify if that is the problem? Help please.
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

TRMTZD wrote:Are the pause/play/skip buttons attached to the cover art supposed to function? Because they don't do anything for me. I am using it with Spotify if that is the problem?
No, it's not a problem, I think Monstercat can use this app as media player, and for this it uses the Spotify plugin, not the NowPlaying (which just partially supports Spotify). Just have to set it as default media player app in Monstercat. You can easily do this through the Settings skin of Monstercat. Did you set it?
TRMTZD

Post by TRMTZD »

balala wrote:No, it's not a problem, I think Monstercat can use this app as media player, and for this it uses the Spotify plugin, not the NowPlaying (which just partially supports Spotify). Just have to set it as default media player app in Monstercat. You can easily do this through the Settings skin of Monstercat. Did you set it?
Yeah I have Saved Spotify as default media player and everything else works fine except the controls. Though I have used other media skins for rainmeter and have had the same issue.