It is currently March 28th, 2024, 8:56 am

Monstercat Visualizer for Rainmeter

Media controls, music players, video and animated visualizers
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Re: Monstercat Visualizer for Rainmeter

Post by balala »

TRMTZD wrote:Yeah I have Saved Spotify as default media player and everything else works fine except the controls. Though I have used other media skins for rainmeter and have had the same issue.
I don't use Spotify, so I can't say certainly, but maybe this is applicable in your case: https://forum.rainmeter.net/viewtopic.php?p=145562#p145562
TRMTZD

Post by TRMTZD »

balala wrote:I don't use Spotify, so I can't say certainly, but maybe this is applicable in your case: https://forum.rainmeter.net/viewtopic.php?p=145562#p145562
Ahh good find. So it's an issue with Spotify itself and I just have to wait for the next update and tjhrulz will release support for it immediately. Good to know, thanks dude.

P.S. There is also a work around if you find the @include file and make sure under measurestate that both Plugin and Playername = NowPlaying instead of SpotifyPlugin.
tjhrulz
Developer

Post by tjhrulz »

TRMTZD wrote:Ahh good find. So it's an issue with Spotify itself and I just have to wait for the next update and tjhrulz will release support for it immediately. Good to know, thanks dude.

P.S. There is also a work around if you find the @include file and make sure under measurestate that both Plugin and Playername = NowPlaying instead of SpotifyPlugin.
Its actually instead of Spotify and you can put any gibberish you want there :p as you actually stumbled upon an oddity in Rainmeter, see Rainmeter's NowPlaying plugin has a mode for an old program called Windows Live Messenger (Saying that makes me feel old) back in the day music players would forward their media status to that. So thus as a general catch all Rainmeter added support for that protocol and then sent the player commands (Which are just keyboard commands) globally (which works a lot of the time since you normally only have one media player open at a time)

See here is the thing, WLM is what Rainmeter reverts to when the player type is not recognized. Even though Spotify does not send info to WLM most people use the SpotifyPlugin for all the track info. All that most people use NowPlaying for is for the media controls. So you have only Spotify open it works fine.

Also on to the issue itself Spotify calls it "intentional" (I don't believe that for a second as my bug report was handled by PR and never was on a programmers desk) but I plan on working around Spotify's stupidity now that I have finished with UsageMonitor and am just doing bug fixes (Cursed French people speaking their French and causing crashes).
Hopefully I should have a fix in the next Rainmeter beta.
Vyg

Post by Vyg »

Hello guys, I just downloaded this skin and I have an issue with the vizualiser. I selected Spotify as default mediaplayer tho it doesn't work. However, the cover and the title/artist are shown correctly.
I tried to change the sound output, which normally is on my speakers, to my headset, and it worked, but it looked like it wasn't recognizing the Spotify output but my whole pc sound output.
(I own a premium Spotify account, if that changes anything)
I'm sorry to bother, i'd be glad to have some help please :)
CyberTheWorm

Post by CyberTheWorm »

Vyg wrote:Hello guys, I just downloaded this skin and I have an issue with the vizualiser. I selected Spotify as default mediaplayer tho it doesn't work. However, the cover and the title/artist are shown correctly.
I tried to change the sound output, which normally is on my speakers, to my headset, and it worked, but it looked like it wasn't recognizing the Spotify output but my whole pc sound output.
tjhrulz is working on a fix. see this link https://forum.rainmeter.net/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=17077&start=720
Vyg

Post by Vyg »

CyberTheWorm wrote:tjhrulz is working on a fix. see this link https://forum.rainmeter.net/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=17077&start=720
Thanks a lot for the fast answer and to this guy that is working on the fix :)
Vyg

Post by Vyg »

Vyg wrote:Hello guys, I just downloaded this skin and I have an issue with the vizualiser. I selected Spotify as default mediaplayer tho it doesn't work. However, the cover and the title/artist are shown correctly.
Up, I still need help, the visualizer is still not working properly with Spotify
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

Vyg wrote:Up, I still need help, the visualizer is still not working properly with Spotify
The visualizer skins aren't related to certain player. They should have to work with any source. Does your work with a different sound source (another player or Windows sounds)?
Vyg

Post by Vyg »

Nop it doesn't work at all, do you have a solution ?
eclectic-tech
Rainmeter Sage

Post by eclectic-tech »

Vyg wrote:Nop it doesn't work at all, do you have a solution ?
Are there error messages in the Log?