MarcoPixel

Re: Monstercat Visualizer for Rainmeter 1.4

Post by MarcoPixel »

Just pushed a update to Github and DeviantArt:

- Added Google Play Music Desktop Player support
- Added option to automatically hide skin when no media player is running
- Added dynamic font coloring
- Added progress bar
- Modified code to be more modular (allows for easier addition of new features)
- Modified song informations to split up cover and song meta data (this makes it possible to move the cover independently and align the song information to the right)
- Fixed issue with Dynamic Genre Color not working propertly
- Fixed issue with scaling variables accepting unsanitized inputs which resulted in high CPU usage
- Changed LICENCE from Creative Commons to MIT

Many thanks to @tjhrulz for helping me implementing his plugin to the visualizer!

Download: https://github.com/MarcoPixel/Monstercat-Visualizer/releases/latest
Dgonix

Post by Dgonix »

There is already version 1.7 here http://marcopixel.deviantart.com/art/Monstercat-Visualizer-for-Rainmeter-1-7-486330771
Unknown_

Post by Unknown_ »

Hi, I have tried to post this problem as a new post but im new to rainmeter and its forum. I have a problem with the visualiser. I cannot seem to move the sliders so they dont change anything, please help me, thank you.
HurtfulAxis

Post by HurtfulAxis »

This thing is great, but I have one problem. Dynamic genre colors doesn't work. I'm listening through Winamp and all song have set up genre in Winamp. Any advice, help?

UPDATE: Everything works. I just updated it. I used the link posted by MarcoPixel.
MarcoPixel

Post by MarcoPixel »

As i'm not that active over here, i really recommend posting issues over at Github (https://github.com/MarcoPixel/Monstercat-Visualizer/issues) so i can respond faster and help you with your problems. :)
tony5245

Re: Monstercat Visualizer for Rainmeter

Post by tony5245 »

Hi there!,

Just want to say the visualizer is fantastic and very pleasing to watch. My one question is when it displays the artist and track name when connected to spotify, it shows the artist name above the track name with a bigger font. It sort of looks like this:

ARTIST
track

Is there anyway to reverse it without going in and changing the coding (which i really don't want to do that)?
Example:

TRACK
artist

Your help would be greatly appreciated, if my question makes sense
Thank you.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

tony5245 wrote:Is there anyway to reverse it without going in and changing the coding (which i really don't want to do that)?
You definitely have to change the code, but it's not a hard thing to be done.
Right click the skin (the artist or the title). Click Edit skin. The code of the skin opens in the default text editor.
Identify the [MeterArtist] and the [MeterTrack] meters. Interchange their names: rename the [MeterTrack] as [MeterArtist] and vice versa, the [MeterArtist] as [MeterTrack]. Then interchange the MeasureName options of the same two measures. With these changes, you'll have the two sections as it follows:

Code: Select all

[MeterTrack]
Meter=String
MeasureName=MeasureTrack

[MeterArtist]
Meter=String
MeasureName=MeasureArtist
Here I posted just the names of the sections and the replaced options. Leave untouched the not posted options.
Now refresh the skin. The artist and the title should have to replaced each others. Did they?
alienx15

Post by alienx15 »

Is it in anyway possible to have different colours on the artist name and the song name?
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

alienx15 wrote:Is it in anyway possible to have different colours on the artist name and the song name?
It is. Have to add FontColor options to both meters ([MeterTrack] and [MeterArtist]), with the desired color codes. Eg adding the following options to the meters, colors the title to red (255,0,0) and the artist to yellow (255,240,0):

Code: Select all

[MeterTrack]
Meter=String
FontColor=255,0,0

[MeterArtist]
Meter=String
FontColor=255,240,0
Details: https://docs.rainmeter.net/manual/skins/option-types/#Color
CaptainTwente

Post by CaptainTwente »

Hey mate, i love the visualizer. I Currently have the visualiser behind a PNG so the spectrum shows behind a few mountains. I was wondering if i could the progress bar as a seperate layer so i can but the progress bar above the PNG and not locked with the waveform/spectrum. Is there a easy way to achieve this?