It is currently April 18th, 2024, 6:59 pm

ModernGadgets 1.8.2

A package of skins with a "theme" or by a single author
raiguard

Re: ModernGadgets 1.6.3

Post by raiguard »

AT83 wrote: January 21st, 2020, 4:10 am Hey man, I've just descovered rainmeter and have been looking for something exactly like what you've made with modern gadgets. Thank you so much for making this, now I can use ONE app thats much more aesthetically pleasing to moniter my hardware rather than like 4 others. You've saved me screen space, processing power, and my eyes (black instead of white).

I am having one issue though, my cpu temp just registers as 0'c and thats fairly critical for me to monitor.

I also have one question. I am using a corsair commander pro to the fullest. 4 fans and one pump (on a fan header), and 4 temperature sensors. It connects to my motherboard via an onboard usb header. Do you know of any way I can use this to moniter those temps and fan speeds, possibly with graphs?
That would truely make the utility complete.

Thank you so much again!
Hey, thanks for the kind word!

In order for CPU temperatures and such to be monitored, you need to configure HWiNFO. Here is a HWiNFO configuration tutorial that should get you up and running.

As for your fans and other temperature sensors, I do not have anything for that in stock ModernGadgets. However, the Gadgets Additions suite has a HWiNFO Monitor skin that lets you display whatever sensors from HWiNFO you want. You can configure it to show your motherboard temps and fan speeds:
2020-01-20 23_28_52-D__Caleb_Development_Rainmeter_Testbench_Skins_Gadgets Additions_HWiNFO Monitor_.png
Let me know if you have any other questions!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
”We are pretty sure that r2922 resolves the regression in resolution caused by a reversion to a revision.” - jsmorley, 2017
Philips_27

Post by Philips_27 »

dem0z wrote: January 24th, 2020, 6:18 pm Hey I can't seem to get the weather gadget to work it just looks like this even though I've put in the API key. Any suggestions?
A service that provide a weather information has stopped working since 01/15/2020. That the problem.
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

Philips_27 wrote: January 24th, 2020, 8:16 pm A service that provide a weather information has stopped working since 01/15/2020. That the problem.
Probably raiguard, the author of ModernGadgets will have to rewrite the WeatherMeter skin. I suppose he is on his way in doing it, but probably it's not easy at all. I'm on the same way on rewriting the Weather skin of my Mirage suite, but have some problems, especially that there I have a temperatures chart and it creates me some issues. I hope sooner or later will succeed rewriting it, but it's not trivial at all.
eclectic-tech
Rainmeter Sage

Post by eclectic-tech »

dem0z wrote: January 24th, 2020, 6:18 pm Hey I can't seem to get the weather gadget to work it just looks like this even though I've put in the API key. Any suggestions?
Working fine for me. I would enter your API key again, make sure there are no spaces in the code, then re-load the weather skin.
I assume your are using V 1.6.3 ... if all else fails, you could install Modern Gadgets again. :welcome:
gadgets2020.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
lukeeexd

Post by lukeeexd »

Hi, love the skin. A ton better than the one I was using before. However, my temps on my SSDs dont seem to work, it just shows 0 celcius. And my CPU and GPU fan speeds dont seem to work either, they just show 0RPM
raiguard

Post by raiguard »

lukeeexd wrote: February 4th, 2020, 1:02 pm Hi, love the skin. A ton better than the one I was using before. However, my temps on my SSDs dont seem to work, it just shows 0 celcius. And my CPU and GPU fan speeds dont seem to work either, they just show 0RPM
You need to configure HWINFO. There's a link to the ModernGadgets wiki in the gadget manager, on which you can find instructions on configuring your gadgets.
”We are pretty sure that r2922 resolves the regression in resolution caused by a reversion to a revision.” - jsmorley, 2017
Georgie38

Post by Georgie38 »

Love the skin and appreciate the work you have put in. I'm new to Rainmeter - only really used it as a means to get "Windows Gadget" on my screen after it was taken away in Windows 10. Just wondering - can someone teach me how to make the font just a little larger on the chronometer?

Thanks a lot in advance!
eclectic-tech
Rainmeter Sage

Post by eclectic-tech »

Georgie38 wrote: February 26th, 2020, 2:35 am Love the skin and appreciate the work you have put in. I'm new to Rainmeter - only really used it as a means to get "Windows Gadget" on my screen after it was taken away in Windows 10. Just wondering - can someone teach me how to make the font just a little larger on the chronometer?

Thanks a lot in advance!
You can increase the size of all gadgets by adjusting the "Scale" value in "Global Settings". Or to only change the Chronometer, open the "Chronometer Settings" and click "Edit settings file" in the upper-right, and add "Scale=1.5" (or any scale value you want) to the [Variables] section of that file. Save and refresh the skin.
mgchrono.png
Georgie38

Post by Georgie38 »

^Thank you so very much! Really appreciate the very quick and helpful response! I've managed to scale it up and hopefully this will help me be more... "productive" at work :) Thanks again!
olenbr

Post by olenbr »

raiguard wrote: February 4th, 2020, 3:41 pm You need to configure HWINFO. There's a link to the ModernGadgets wiki in the gadget manager, on which you can find instructions on configuring your gadgets.
hey raiguard. im currently using your network meter along with cpu meter and recently network meter no longer shows external IP and im not sure why.

also 2nd issue i've noticed is that network meter will usually double my bits rate, meaning if my internet speed is at full which is around 300mbps it'll show 600mbps instead until I right click on multimeter and hit refresh then it'll fix until next reboot.

how do I fix these issues?