It is currently March 28th, 2024, 3:44 pm

ModernGadgets 1.8.2

A package of skins with a "theme" or by a single author
raiguard

Re: ModernGadgets 1.5.0

Post by raiguard »

thebombdigiti wrote: Is that something I have to look on the HWInfo site how to do? Or is it on the ModernGadgets page?
Look here to learn how to set up and configure HWiNFO.
raiguard

Re: ModernGadgets 1.5.0

Post by raiguard »

v1.5.1 is out! This release is filled to bursting with bugfixes, some of which were quite major (turns out that the moonrise/moonset times have been an day off this entire time!). It also includes improved Network Meter iconography and some other minor tweaks. You can grab it from the update notification.
v1.5.1 - 2019-05-04
- Added average CPU usage mode to CPU Meter
- Updated default network peak traffic color
- Fixed Audio Meter play button visual glitch when in replay state
- Fixed accidental 30-character limit of Chronometer sound file paths
- Fixed Chronometer sound file path input boxes destroying backslashes
- Fixed event countdown not working if system uptime was hidden
- Fixed timer finished sound being un-configurable
- Fixed page file size not updating
- Fixed hover logic of net total refresh buttons
- Fixed speedtest button hover logic
- Fixed issue with certain date formats in weather forecast
- Fixed weather forecast buttons being unclickable at non-1.0x scaling
- Fixed faulty math.round function in SunCalc script
- Fixed timestamp conversion errors in SunCalc script (moon info was a day behind!)
- Fixed line graph background colors being tied to the wrong variables
- Fixed background height inconsistencies in CPU Meter and Disks Meter
- Fixed sidebar configuration stopping early
- Fixed sidebars not disappearing when disabled
Gregory2001

Re: ModernGadgets 1.5.1

Post by Gregory2001 »

25% CPU. Causes Rainmeter to hang.
raiguard

Post by raiguard »

Gregory2001 wrote: May 4th, 2019, 2:18 pm 25% CPU. Causes Rainmeter to hang.
I'll need more details. What are your system specs? What skins are you running? Did you enable hardware acceleration in the Rainmeter settings?
Radigast

Post by Radigast »

Hi,

With release 1.5.1, I have noticed a minor issue with the Network Meter's display of the external IP. On one Windows 7 VM, where I use a VPN, the external IP shows the VPN IP regardless of whether to VPN is connected or not. When disconnecting the VPN, the external address is no longer updating to show my normal public IP. On a second Windows 7 VM, the Network Meter's external IP just sits at "fetching..." and also does not display the public IP address.

Both VM's had NetMonitor installed. On both NetMonitor was uninstalled to see if that would have an effect but it does not appear to have made a difference.

If there is any information that I can provide or anything else I can do to assist with diagnosing this issue, please let me know.

Thanks for all you efforts!

R
SilverAzide
Rainmeter Sage

Post by SilverAzide »

As you noticed, uninstalling NetMonitor won't make any difference; the service just watches your adapters and reports the number of bytes in and out. To help debug your issue, open the Rainmeter About log and connect/disconnect your VPN. You should see messages in the log if it detects changes to the active network adapter. If it does not report a change is detected, that could be the source of the issue.

That said, there is a chance that some code is missing in the Network Meter. Edit the skin and find the measure [MeasureInternalIp]. Add the following line at the end:

Code: Select all

OnChangeAction=[!SetOptionGroup ActiveNet Refresh "ya"][!UpdateMeasureGroup ActiveNet][!UpdateMeasure MeasureNetworkIcon]
Save the file, refresh the Network Meter, and see if the issue is resolved.
Radigast

Post by Radigast »

Hi,

Thanks for the quick response. I did take a look at the skin and found the code you indicated but it was under the [MeasureAdapterName] section (and it also included a log message action). It was not present in the [MeasureInternalIp] section. I have not yet added it there as the InternalIP seems to refresh OK on VPN connect/disconnect, it is the ExternalIP that exhibits the issue.

I did also enable logging and then looked at the log as you suggested and did find something there that seemed to point to the cause of the problem. I found the following noted in the log at the point I clicked on the "Refresh external IP" button

NOTE (09:46:00.263) ModernGadgets\NetworkMeter\NetworkMeter.ini: Refreshing external IP address
DBUG (09:46:00.794) ModernGadgets\NetworkMeter\NetworkMeter.ini - [MeasureExternalIp]: Fetching: https://api.ipify.org/
ERRO (09:46:03.104) ModernGadgets\NetworkMeter\NetworkMeter.ini - [MeasureExternalIp]: (Fetch error) The server name or address could not be resolved (ErrorCode=12007)

Following the inline documentation in the skin file, I changed the URL to an alternate service, reloaded the skin, and now the External IP refreshes as it should.

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction!

R
gan123

Post by gan123 »

Hi All,

i have this error msg in the rainmeter log.

Time: "Format=%H:%M" invalid (ModernGadgets\WeatherMeter\WeatherMeter.ini - [MeasureSunCalcSunriseTime])

time format in the Weather meter settings is " System default"

Any hints ?

kind regards
gan123

Post by gan123 »

Just updated to 1.5.1 and the error is gone.

Keep up the good work !
TehHammer

Post by TehHammer »

Just installed this... WOW! Great work! :17good

I dumped 8GadgetPack literally 2 min after installing this skin.

The only thing I'm missing (I know others have brought this up, so consider this a +1 vote) is a real ping monitor like this one...

Pretty please? :rosegift: