It is currently April 20th, 2024, 4:02 am

ModernGadgets 1.8.2

A package of skins with a "theme" or by a single author
raiguard

Re: ModernGadgets 1.4.0

Post by raiguard »

y0himba wrote:I may have found a slight error. In the GPU gadget, even though I have HWinfo set to Farenheit and the gadget set to show Farenheit, the symbol still shows Celsius even though the temp is in Farenheit.

error.jpg
I don't have this issue on my setup. Did you try refreshing the skin?
”We are pretty sure that r2922 resolves the regression in resolution caused by a reversion to a revision.” - jsmorley, 2017
y0himba

Post by y0himba »

I found it, I thought I had marked F in the gadget's settings, I didn't. I blame it on being old. :D
---
Once up a time there was a now playing signature here. Now it is no more. Maybe someone can make a now playing sig gen for Last.fm? :thumbup:
raiguard

Post by raiguard »

ronvader wrote:ISSUE 1: FONTS ILLEGIBLE.
You can edit the stylesheet by going to the gadget manager and clicking the "MG Skins Folder" button. From there, open @Resources\StyleSheet.inc. You can change the font by editing the fontFace value. However, changing the font might cause alignment or spacing issues, and could severely break the UI, so proceed at your own risk!

You can change the font colors through the global settings skin. DO NOT change them in the stylesheet - that will break things!
ronvader wrote:ISSUE 2: CALENDAR REQUEST.
A calendar gadget based on LuaCalendar (because honestly, what else do people use to make calendars these days?) is planned for v1.6.
ronvader wrote:ISSUE 3: WEATHER REQUEST.
Weather Meter is already being made for v1.5, and is based on weather.com WxData. You can follow the development progress on my Twitter, linked below in my signature.
ronvader wrote:I'm happy to help with any system/user testing
The best way to help me is by opting in to development updates in the global settings skin, then reporting any bugs you find while running the prereleases on the ModernGadgets GitHub repository (also linked in my signature).

Let me know if you have any other questions!

PS: I'm going to be releasing the first v1.5 beta early next week, which will include Weather Meter, so you can get your hands on it early if you want! Be warned that it will be incomplete at first, though. ;)
”We are pretty sure that r2922 resolves the regression in resolution caused by a reversion to a revision.” - jsmorley, 2017
andyblak

Post by andyblak »

I guess I'll just leave these here.

https://imgur.com/a/scH46EU
https://imgur.com/a/0dA2n2C
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

andyblak wrote:I guess I'll just leave these here.

https://imgur.com/a/scH46EU
https://imgur.com/a/0dA2n2C
Lots of antivirus engines don't like AutoIt. That is because AutoIt can be used to simulate keystrokes and is used by a lot of guys to create cheats for games.
raiguard

Re: ModernGadgets 1.4.1

Post by raiguard »

IMG_20181020_153445.jpg
Bigger == better, right? :sly:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
eclectic-tech
Rainmeter Sage

Post by eclectic-tech »

Sweet!
Now I can sit across the room in my recliner and see my system status, then fall asleep peaceful in the knowledge that all is well! ;-) :lol:
Ability to scale is everything nowadays!
kyriakos876

Post by kyriakos876 »

eclectic-tech wrote: October 21st, 2018, 5:14 pm
Ability to scale is everything nowadays!
amen to that
raiguard

Post by raiguard »

CALLING ALL BETA TESTERS!

I need people to test the scaling in the v1.5 beta that I just published. Please feel free to try and break it by clicking things, having weird combinations of settings, and torturing Rainmeter with a bunch of skins at once. Let me know of any issues you encounter here. Happy testing!

If you are not already signed up for beta testing, you can do so in the global settings skin. If you don't have ModernGadgets (in which case, shame on you!), then click here to download the beta.

ALSO IMPORTANT: v1.5 removes the settings backups functionality, instead switching to use Rainmeter's built-in 'variables files' function. Please let me know of any issues you encounter when updating!
MastroMicio

Post by MastroMicio »

Hi! First, congratulations on the amazing ModernGadgets... really awesome stuff.

I have a small issue and I'd like to ask you for a tip about how to solve it.
My Process Monitor does not show any name or stat (image attached) aside for the percentage at the top. I can't see any process at all.

I read on this thread that this new addition uses the "UsageMonitor" plugin... but isn't that something built in windows? Do I need to do something in order to enable it or something?

Thanks for the support!
Ben