It is currently October 16th, 2019, 8:36 pm

ModernGadgets 1.6.2

Post your work-in-progress and completed skins to share and discuss.
User avatar
raiguard
Posts: 642
Joined: June 25th, 2015, 7:02 pm
Location: The Sky, USA

Re: ModernGadgets 1.1.0 - New look, familiar gadgets

raiguard » January 10th, 2017, 5:38 am

v1.1.0 has been released! This update fixes numerous issues that plagued the external settings system. That system no longer exists, and has been replaced by a much simpler and much more stable "periodic backups" system. The variables are stored locally in the suite, and those settings are automatically backed up to the external location every 2 hours. Upon updating the suite, you can import these settings so you don't have to reconfigure everything manually.

Also included in this version is a new "update available" screen that gives you a download link, a new option in Disks Meter, and several other changes that make everything more stable and streamlined. I also fixed a nasty issue that slipped through v1.0.0 where toggling Core Temperatures in CPU Meter would crash Rainmeter!

This release did not go through release candidate testing, so please let me know immediately if you encounter any bugs. Cheers!

v1.1.0 - 2017-1-9
- Updated to Rainmeter 4.0
- Replaced external settings system with a local system that makes periodic backups
- Separated update checking and settings backups functionality from the gadget manager
- Added auto backups option to the gadget manager
- Added ability to opt into getting development updates (betas, prereleases, release candidates)
- Redesigned update available screen to provide a download link
- Added settings backup import prompt
- Added functionality to automatically re-apply customizations to the gadgets after an update
- Changed default "development updates" option to off
- Added "Disk Histograms" toggle in Disks Meter settings
- Separated changelog from readme
- Fixed Core Temps toggle in CPU Meter settings (was causing a crash)
”We are pretty sure that r2922 resolves the regression in resolution caused by a reversion to a revision.” - jsmorley, 2017
User avatar
MastroMicio
Posts: 7
Joined: January 11th, 2017, 12:07 pm

Re: ModernGadgets 1.1.0 - New look, familiar gadgets

MastroMicio » January 11th, 2017, 1:51 pm

Hi iamanai,

first, thanks a lot for the release, it's amazing.

I'm coming from your previous widget "illustro Gadgets" and all seems to work fine here on ModernGadgets except for one thing: the CPU monitor.

In my case, it reads only 8 threads while the previous "illustro Gadgets" was reading 16. I headed to the HWinfo Configuration Tool but there I can't find all the settings that "illustro Gadgets", but only 3 settings for CPU0, 3 for CPU0 DTS. Is there a way to be more specific about the HWinfo configuration?

The gadget is catching correct info but not all of them.

Thanks for support and, again, congratulations for your amazing gadgets!

P.S. I have a 6950x with 10 cores and 20 threads and the gadget is indeed listing all 20 threads but only the first 8 are animating.
User avatar
raiguard
Posts: 642
Joined: June 25th, 2015, 7:02 pm
Location: The Sky, USA

Re: ModernGadgets 1.1.0 - New look, familiar gadgets

raiguard » January 11th, 2017, 2:48 pm

MastroMicio wrote:Hi iamanai,

first, thanks a lot for the release, it's amazing.

I'm coming from your previous widget "illustro Gadgets" and all seems to work fine here on ModernGadgets except for one thing: the CPU monitor.

In my case, it reads only 8 threads while the previous "illustro Gadgets" was reading 16. I headed to the HWinfo Configuration Tool but there I can't find all the settings that "illustro Gadgets", but only 3 settings for CPU0, 3 for CPU0 DTS. Is there a way to be more specific about the HWinfo configuration?

The gadget is catching correct info but not all of them.

Thanks for support and, again, congratulations for your amazing gadgets!

P.S. I have a 6950x with 10 cores and 20 threads and the gadget is indeed listing all 20 threads but only the first 8 are animating.
So the temperatures are only working for the first eight threads?

*sigh*

I guess I can't be clever about the HWiNFO configuration. I wrote a script that would take the value for CPU0 and increment it and write those into the other cores, and it worked fine for me and for the few people who tested it for me, but nobody tested it with more than eight cores.

You can manually edit the HWiNFO values by going to 'ModernGadgets\@Resources\Settings\GlobalSettings.inc'.
”We are pretty sure that r2922 resolves the regression in resolution caused by a reversion to a revision.” - jsmorley, 2017
User avatar
MastroMicio
Posts: 7
Joined: January 11th, 2017, 12:07 pm

Re: ModernGadgets 1.1.0 - New look, familiar gadgets

MastroMicio » January 11th, 2017, 3:49 pm

Hi!

I checked the file you pointed out and there were something wrong but nothing big, there were some numbers repeating themselves.

es:

Code: Select all

HWiNFO-CPU0-Core5VID=0x2000005
; core 6 voltage (volts)
HWiNFO-CPU0-Core6VID=0x2000006
; core 7 voltage (volts)
HWiNFO-CPU0-Core7VID=0x2000007
; core 8 voltage (volts)
HWiNFO-CPU0-Core8VID=0x2000006
; core 9 voltage (volts)
HWiNFO-CPU0-Core9VID=0x2000007
...something like that a few times here and there. But those are not issues that should prevent the cores 9-20 to display anything at all. I'll attach an image to show how it behaves.

Do you have any tips about how to fix this? The previous version, "illustro Gadgets 1.0" didn't have support 20 threads but all 16 supported ones where displaying info. I still have the "illustro Gadgets 1.0" and the CPU0 and CPU0DTS settings are the same.

Thanks for support!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
User avatar
raiguard
Posts: 642
Joined: June 25th, 2015, 7:02 pm
Location: The Sky, USA

Re: ModernGadgets 1.1.0 - New look, familiar gadgets

raiguard » January 11th, 2017, 4:01 pm

MastroMicio wrote:Hi!

I checked the file you pointed out and there were something wrong but nothing big, there were some numbers repeating themselves.

es:

Code: Select all

HWiNFO-CPU0-Core5VID=0x2000005
; core 6 voltage (volts)
HWiNFO-CPU0-Core6VID=0x2000006
; core 7 voltage (volts)
HWiNFO-CPU0-Core7VID=0x2000007
; core 8 voltage (volts)
HWiNFO-CPU0-Core8VID=0x2000006
; core 9 voltage (volts)
HWiNFO-CPU0-Core9VID=0x2000007
...something like that a few times here and there. But those are not issues that should prevent the cores 9-20 to display anything at all. I'll attach an image to show how it behaves.

Do you have any tips about how to fix this? The previous version, "illustro Gadgets 1.0" didn't have support 20 threads but all 16 supported ones where displaying info. I still have the "illustro Gadgets 1.0" and the CPU0 and CPU0DTS settings are the same.

Thanks for support!
Don't worry about the VID stuff. Those values aren't actually used yet.

It looks to me like the measures for threads 9-20 are still disabled. Could you go to line 256 and check if it says 'Disabled=1'? If it does, that points to something wrong with the CPU config script.
”We are pretty sure that r2922 resolves the regression in resolution caused by a reversion to a revision.” - jsmorley, 2017
User avatar
raiguard
Posts: 642
Joined: June 25th, 2015, 7:02 pm
Location: The Sky, USA

Re: ModernGadgets 1.1.0 - New look, familiar gadgets

raiguard » January 11th, 2017, 4:14 pm

MastroMicio wrote:*excerpt*
SUPER MEGA ULTRA EPIC FACEDESK *wham*

I just looked through the code of the CPU config script and it is indeed the problem. Without realizing it, I never actually made it toggle the measures for any of the threads. I had no way of noticing this because even with the measures enabled, they would all display as zero for me (I only have eight threads).

Your problem can only be solved with a patch. Unfortunately, I am at school at the moment, so I cannot get this to you right now. A temporary fix would be to manually edit CPU.ini and enable all the measures you need.

Go to [MeasureCpuUsageCore9] and change the 'Disabled=1' line to 'Disabled=0'. Do the same with the rest of the CPU Usage measures, all the way through core 20. Then scroll down to [MeasureCoreTempCore9] and do the same through core 20. You'll also want to scroll down to [MeasureCpuClockSpeedHwinfoCore4] and enable the rest of those.

I am so sorry about this! I will fix this along with a few other bugs I've noticed, then release a patch later today. In the meantime, let me know if you have any other questions. Thanks!

EDIT: Unless you have a ridiculously efficient fan, I would check your HWiNFO IDs for CPU fan speed. 475RPM is way too low.
Last edited by raiguard on January 11th, 2017, 4:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
”We are pretty sure that r2922 resolves the regression in resolution caused by a reversion to a revision.” - jsmorley, 2017
User avatar
MastroMicio
Posts: 7
Joined: January 11th, 2017, 12:07 pm

Re: ModernGadgets 1.1.0 - New look, familiar gadgets

MastroMicio » January 11th, 2017, 4:21 pm

Hi,

no worries about having the fix immediately, I just wanted to report my experience so that you can improve your already fantastic Gadgets. I'll wait for the fix whenever it becomes available. Thanks so much for the support.
User avatar
raiguard
Posts: 642
Joined: June 25th, 2015, 7:02 pm
Location: The Sky, USA

Re: ModernGadgets 1.1.0 - New look, familiar gadgets

raiguard » January 11th, 2017, 4:26 pm

MastroMicio wrote:Hi,

no worries about having the fix immediately, I just wanted to report my experience so that you can improve your already fantastic Gadgets. I'll wait for the fix whenever it becomes available. Thanks so much for the support.
Glad I could help! If you don't mind, could you test the patch for me before I release it? I want to make sure it works before I release it publicly. I'll PM you a download link when it's ready.
”We are pretty sure that r2922 resolves the regression in resolution caused by a reversion to a revision.” - jsmorley, 2017
User avatar
MastroMicio
Posts: 7
Joined: January 11th, 2017, 12:07 pm

Re: ModernGadgets 1.1.0 - New look, familiar gadgets

MastroMicio » January 11th, 2017, 4:27 pm

Yes, absolutely !
User avatar
Nightliss
Posts: 7
Joined: January 12th, 2017, 3:16 pm

Re: ModernGadgets 1.1.0 - New look, familiar gadgets

Nightliss » January 12th, 2017, 3:21 pm

Thank you very much for this. Very easy to configure - all I had to do was to correct my motherboard ID because it was showing than my fan was spinning at -9000RPM :) Goodbye 8GadgetPack!

Also a request. Could you add readings from chassis fan connectors? Also if possible reading from a second CPU fan connector below fan in the CPU gadget?