It is currently March 28th, 2024, 7:40 pm

ModernGadgets 1.8.2

A package of skins with a "theme" or by a single author
Justux204

Re: ModernGadgets 1.3.0 - New look, familiar gadgets

Post by Justux204 »

olenbr wrote:my beginner garbage luck.
only modified 3 things, cpu, stylesheet and the colors. but im still on old version though so might not work with yours on latest version.
If you will update your code, could you share it? also wonder how it would look with rounded corners and with some transparency
mtsgsd

Post by mtsgsd »

Looks nice, and I like the addition of the top process which Silver Azide's version doesn't have. One thing you're missing though is a way to easily change the size of the meters without editing the files which is something Azide's version does do. The meters are very small in their default state.
SilverAzide
Rainmeter Sage

Post by SilverAzide »

mtsgsd wrote:Looks nice, and I like the addition of the top process which Silver Azide's version doesn't have. One thing you're missing though is a way to easily change the size of the meters without editing the files which is something Azide's version does do. The meters are very small in their default state.
Actually, I've had a Top Process Meter one for a while, but I haven't released it because the performance pretty much stinks. It uses the AdvancedCPU measure, which is very inefficient, and puts a big hit on performance. I did not want to use the NomFerp plugin because it is "abandonware", and doesn't work too well in non-US locales. There is a mention on another thread that the Rainmeter devs may be working on a better approach for this, so I've been waiting. If you want to "beta test" my Gadget, shoot me a note and I'll send it or post it someplace, but raiguard's Top Process Meter uses NomFerp which performs much much better.
Gadgets Wiki GitHub More Gadgets...
raiguard

Post by raiguard »

mtsgsd wrote:Looks nice, and I like the addition of the top process which Silver Azide's version doesn't have. One thing you're missing though is a way to easily change the size of the meters without editing the files which is something Azide's version does do. The meters are very small in their default state.
Changing the size is the #1 most requested feature. However, I have tried it before, and it completely falls apart when you use relative positioning. It also would require me to add invisible image meters to make buttons clickable. I do not want to do that because it would add over 100 new meters to disks Meter, which is already a huge performance hog.

Sorry.
”We are pretty sure that r2922 resolves the regression in resolution caused by a reversion to a revision.” - jsmorley, 2017
mtsgsd

Post by mtsgsd »

SilverAzide wrote:Actually, I've had a Top Process Meter one for a while, but I haven't released it because the performance pretty much stinks. It uses the AdvancedCPU measure, which is very inefficient, and puts a big hit on performance. I did not want to use the NomFerp plugin because it is "abandonware", and doesn't work too well in non-US locales. There is a mention on another thread that the Rainmeter devs may be working on a better approach for this, so I've been waiting. If you want to "beta test" my Gadget, shoot me a note and I'll send it or post it someplace, but raiguard's Top Process Meter uses NomFerp which performs much much better.
I live in the US so no problem there, but it's not a deal breaker for me. I'll just continue to use your skin since there's very little difference between the two, and yours is already set up (plus you were first :D ). If you need someone to test for you I'll be glad to help, but I can wait too.
Kestron43

Post by Kestron43 »

Hi, where is the Install NetMonitor service button?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
jraju

Post by jraju »

Hi, Raiguard,

I am particular about network monitor, or meter
What is the download in mb denotes. please.
Also, does v means download and ^ means upload speed.
expecting a reply :17nodding
Also, how to change the speed to megabits, mbps to get the speed in megabits, as per your skin.
I suppose, that the other data is the actual download and upload data for the period of session.
Please
raiguard

Post by raiguard »

Kestron43 wrote:Hi, where is the Install NetMonitor service button?
It should be below the status text...

My guess is that it doesn’t work for you because the method I use to get the status of the program (not installed, running, paused, etc.) returns the result in whatever language you have set on your system, and the interface is only designed for English. Try changing you System language to English and see if it shows up. Once you install it you should be able to switch back and it should continue to work.
”We are pretty sure that r2922 resolves the regression in resolution caused by a reversion to a revision.” - jsmorley, 2017
raiguard

Post by raiguard »

jraju wrote:Hi, Raiguard,

I am particular about network monitor, or meter
What is the download in mb denotes. please.
Also, does v means download and ^ means upload speed.
expecting a reply :17nodding
Also, how to change the speed to megabits, mbps to get the speed in megabits, as per your skin.
I suppose, that the other data is the actual download and upload data for the period of session.
Please
You can change it to megabits through the settings skin (click the wrench on Network Meter, click "Network Meter Settings"). And yes, the up arrow means upload and the down arrow means download. And the numbers on the right are the total data uploaded/downloaded in that session.
jraju

Post by jraju »

Hi, Thanks. But which should i click to get to mbps. I only find a item to show bytes/second. Will i get the speed for mbps if i uncheck it. Or should i edit the skin and include something in there.
Kindly also let me know, which online website your skin is using for the dl and ul speed.
This question is unrelated to your skin, but is it possible to capture the dl and ul speed shown as in router? My concern is , if it is possible to gather minute and micro information on the other variables, why not this possible.
I like your gadget
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.