It is currently March 28th, 2024, 12:08 pm

ModernGadgets 1.8.2

A package of skins with a "theme" or by a single author
raiguard

Re: ModernGadgets 1.3.0 - New look, familiar gadgets

Post by raiguard »

jraju wrote:Hi, Thanks. But which should i click to get to mbps. I only find a item to show bytes/second. Will i get the speed for mbps if i uncheck it. Or should i edit the skin and include something in there.
Kindly also let me know, which online website your skin is using for the dl and ul speed.
This question is unrelated to your skin, but is it possible to capture the dl and ul speed shown as in router? My concern is , if it is possible to gather minute and micro information on the other variables, why not this possible.
I like your gadget
MB/s means “megabytes/second”. Unchecking the box will give you Mbit/s which is “megabits/second”. Choose whichever one you want. It will only display in megabytes/megabits if you are actually downloading/uploading something at >1 megabyte/megabit per second, otherwise it’ll display in kilobytes/kilobits.

The download and upload speed are tracked on your computer itself - it’s monitoring the network activity of your computer specifically. Your router’s page is showing the network activity for everything connected to your router, and as far as I know there’s is no straightforward way to get this information in Rainmeter.
jraju

Post by jraju »

hI, tHANKs for the reply. Is it addgadgets.com that your skin fetches the ip and download speeds? Please say.
Moreover, did you see the router page speed. How to get data like that in your skin. I mean a near 1 mbps upload and 10 mbps download speed. There is no dot in the router statistics regarding speed. I want that kind of reading always shown on my desktop.
raiguard

Post by raiguard »

jraju wrote:hI, tHANKs for the reply. Is it addgadgets.com that your skin fetches the ip and download speeds? Please say.
Moreover, did you see the router page speed. How to get data like that in your skin. I mean a near 1 mbps upload and 10 mbps download speed. There is no dot in the router statistics regarding speed. I want that kind of reading always shown on my desktop.
No it uses IPIFY to get the external IP. And the download speed does not use any website - it literally tracks how much data is coming into your computer from the internet, it’s all local.

So you’re saying that you want to always see the maximum download/upload speed of your router? Just add a few meters to display that for you manually. I don’t know how to get it automatically (or why you would want to - you should already know your maximum speed when you pay for your internet).
jraju

Post by jraju »

Just add a few meters to display that for you manually
could you just say the lines and the place in your skin. What i want is total dl and ul speed always as a kind of monitoring.
What should i do if i have to get the router page dl and ul results in my desktop in a counter like thing
raiguard

Post by raiguard »

jraju wrote:Just add a few meters to display that for you manually
could you just say the lines and the place in your skin. What i want is total dl and ul speed always as a kind of monitoring.
What should i do if i have to get the router page dl and ul results in my desktop in a counter like thing
Like I said, I don't know of a way to pull that information from your router page. You can hardcode some strings to say what you want, but it won't do it for you.

To learn how to create skins, see the documentation. You should be able to figure out how to add that information after learning the basics of skin creation.
jraju

Post by jraju »

Hi, I meant changes in your skin to show only on megabits format. I saw it changes to ,bits if speed exceeds 1 mb. I want only megabits instead of kbs. Could you advise
jraju

Post by jraju »

Hi, I ask you to provide a separate counter for mbps and separate counter for kbps instead of auto changing in the same line. This will denote immediately the actual speed of download and upload. Hoping to get a positive reply.
I do not know the code, so please, just provide the counters separately. If suppose, it is less than 1 mb , capture that in a separate counter and if more than 1 mb, capture in the next line, emptying the other line.
Your gadget is working nicely and happy to note that speeds are local settings. Thanks :17good
raiguard

Post by raiguard »

jraju wrote:Hi, I ask you to provide a separate counter for mbps and separate counter for kbps instead of auto changing in the same line. This will denote immediately the actual speed of download and upload. Hoping to get a positive reply.
I do not know the code, so please, just provide the counters separately. If suppose, it is less than 1 mb , capture that in a separate counter and if more than 1 mb, capture in the next line, emptying the other line.
Your gadget is working nicely and happy to note that speeds are local settings. Thanks :17good
Aha, I understand now.

Unfortunately, there is no easy way to do this. It would require some extensive editing of a third-party script that I honestly have no idea how it works. Sorry, but I can't help you.

However, why do you need to see mb separately? If I were to help you achieve what you requested, it would have the same amount of information on two lines instead of one (assuming you're wanting to empty out the first line when the second line becomes populated). So I fail to see why you want it like that.
y0himba

Post by y0himba »

These are PERFECT. :17good I would like to request you give this treatment to the weather gadget as well.
jraju

Post by jraju »

Hi, Thanks
Atleast change the colour of download that shows in kbs and mbps so that one could easily see the change of speed. Also font size may be changed for the two for easyl viewing