It is currently March 29th, 2024, 6:54 am

ModernGadgets 1.8.2

A package of skins with a "theme" or by a single author
te7

Re: ModernGadgets 1.2.0 - New look, familiar gadgets

Post by te7 »

Development tester here. Installed beta. Bug with CPU core temps 1 and 2 , and 3 and, 4 reading the same is gone. Although I had previously fixed the bug by editing my skin. Good to see the beta version fixed it. Did my edits get transferred to the beta installation? I'm not sure, but I think I was presented with an option for that and I said yes keep my edits. Do you want me to reinstall the beta but this time not keep the edits to see if the beta really fixed the issue? Thanks for the work ! I appreciate it.
raiguard

Post by raiguard »

te7 wrote:Development tester here. Installed beta. Bug with CPU core temps 1 and 2 , and 3 and, 4 reading the same is gone. Although I had previously fixed the bug by editing my skin. Good to see the beta version fixed it. Did my edits get transferred to the beta installation? I'm not sure, but I think I was presented with an option for that and I said yes keep my edits. Do you want me to reinstall the beta but this time not keep the edits to see if the beta really fixed the issue? Thanks for the work ! I appreciate it.
Because of the way Rainmeter works, everything is overwritten when you update the suite, so your edits are gone. When you import a settings backup, you’re just importing your previously set variables (toggles in the config skins).

So if it’s working now for you, that means it’s fixed! :D
”We are pretty sure that r2922 resolves the regression in resolution caused by a reversion to a revision.” - jsmorley, 2017
te7

Post by te7 »

Ok thanks !
immediacy

Post by immediacy »

I really like toe look of this skin but every time I load it it closes and says rainmeter desktop customization process has crashed and I have to delete the skin to get rainmeter to run. I have rainmeter 4.0+ and configured HWinfo as specified. What else can I do to get it to work, I haven't even been able to configure it yet.
raiguard

Post by raiguard »

immediacy wrote:I really like toe look of this skin but every time I load it it closes and says rainmeter desktop customization process has crashed and I have to delete the skin to get rainmeter to run. I have rainmeter 4.0+ and configured HWinfo as specified. What else can I do to get it to work, I haven't even been able to configure it yet.
Which skins are you trying to load? Is it the setup skin? Also, what does the Rainmeter log say when it crashes?
”We are pretty sure that r2922 resolves the regression in resolution caused by a reversion to a revision.” - jsmorley, 2017
Zop308

Post by Zop308 »

Hello iamanai,

First thank you so much for Modern Gadgets!

I’m running an i7-5820k. The 1.2.1 beta CPU temps seem incorrect. Is this the hyperthreaded CPU issue? I used the default settings.

MG 1.2.0:
MG-120.jpg
MG beta 1.2.1:
MG-Beta.jpg
Thanks again, James.

Rainmeter 4.0.0 r2724
HWiNFO 62 v 5.5.2-3161
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
raiguard

Post by raiguard »

Zop308 wrote:Hello iamanai,

First thank you so much for Modern Gadgets!

I’m running an i7-5820k. The 1.2.1 beta CPU temps seem incorrect. Is this the hyperthreaded CPU issue? I used the default settings.

MG 1.2.0:
MG-120.jpg
MG beta 1.2.1:
MG-Beta.jpg

Thanks again, James.

Rainmeter 4.0.0 r2724
HWiNFO 62 v 5.5.2-3161
That is strange. It looks like it thinks that your CPU is not hyperthreaded, even though it clearly is. Just as a first step, does refreshing the skin manually fix the issue?

EDIT: Additional troubleshooting step: Right-click on Rainmeter's tray icon, click "about", click the skins tab, select 'ModernGadgets\CPU", then scroll down to the variables list. Could you find 'cpuCores', 'threadCount', and 'threadsPerCore' and tell me their values? That would be immensely helpful.
Zop308

Post by Zop308 »

iamanai wrote:That is strange. It looks like it thinks that your CPU is not hyperthreaded, even though it clearly is. Just as a first step, does refreshing the skin manually fix the issue?

EDIT: Additional troubleshooting step: Right-click on Rainmeter's tray icon, click "about", click the skins tab, select 'ModernGadgets\CPU", then scroll down to the variables list. Could you find 'cpuCores', 'threadCount', and 'threadsPerCore' and tell me their values? That would be immensely helpful.
iamanai, Sorry for the delay.

Manual refresh of skins gives the same results.

In variables list:
'cpucores' 12
'threadcount' 12
'threadspercore' 2

Thanks, James.
raiguard

Post by raiguard »

Zop308 wrote:iamanai, Sorry for the delay.

Manual refresh of skins gives the same results.

In variables list:
'cpucores' 12
'threadcount' 12
'threadspercore' 2

Thanks, James.
ABORT, ABORT, IT'S A DIFFERENT PROBLEM. Navigate to @Resources\Scripts\Config\CpuConfig.lua, and on line 80, you will find a 'threadsPerCore = 1' line. Delete it. Burn it. KILL IT WITH FIRE.

That was a line that was supposed to be taken out before I released it, but for some reason I forgot to. Delete it, save the file then follow my original instructions below.

[hr][/hr]
So I think I know the problem, but I'm busy at the moment (moving house) so I can't send out a patch for a few days. To fix it now, open CPU.ini (right-click on CPU Meter, click 'edit skin'), and find the 'threadsPerCore' value on line 38. Change it to 1. Save and refresh CPU Meter, and it should fix the temperature meters before immediately changing that value back to 2.

Let me know if that works!
Zop308

Post by Zop308 »

raiguard wrote:ABORT, ABORT, IT'S A DIFFERENT PROBLEM. Navigate to @Resources\Scripts\Config\CpuConfig.lua, and on line 80, you will find a 'threadsPerCore = 1' line. Delete it. Burn it. KILL IT WITH FIRE.

That was a line that was supposed to be taken out before I released it, but for some reason I forgot to. Delete it, save the file then follow my original instructions below.

[hr][/hr]
So I think I know the problem, but I'm busy at the moment (moving house) so I can't send out a patch for a few days. To fix it now, open CPU.ini (right-click on CPU Meter, click 'edit skin'), and find the 'threadsPerCore' value on line 38. Change it to 1. Save and refresh CPU Meter, and it should fix the temperature meters before immediately changing that value back to 2.

Let me know if that works!
I did the above steps (including line 80 delete in CpuConfig.lua) and the virtual cores still have bad values. 'threadsPerCore' set to 1 someplace else?

However, this is a very minor bug so no worries. Moving to a new house is a major time eater. Good luck on the move.

Thanks, James.