It is currently March 28th, 2024, 1:36 pm

ModernGadgets 1.8.2

A package of skins with a "theme" or by a single author
raiguard

Re: ModernGadgets 1.2.2 - New look, familiar gadgets

Post by raiguard »

olenbr wrote:you're right I realize its a lot with subbing in variables so i got a lot going, thanks for the help with colors and stuff. one more question if you dont mind, I manage to get pretty far once its fixed I can just duplicate core 1 and make minor changes.

rainmetercpu.jpg

I got to the above stage but stuck, please take a look i attach the screenshot. I simply replace "core 1:" with bar and worked but how do i center align green bar not horizontally but vertically? if I were to add a new variable(s) what would the name be? (basically i want the green bar to move down so theres black space above and below the bar.

thnx for your time!
Ooo, that looks really nice.

Add Padding=0,2,0,0 to the bar Meter. Increase or decrease the second number until the bar is where you want it. You can also use the first number to nudge it to the right a bit if you want.

Also, just an FYI, I’m going to be releasing v1.3.0 soon (as in probably next week) and if you update you will lose all of the customizations you have made. The underlying code of the gadgets has changed a lot, and will be easier to work with on 1.3. I’d either wait until next week when I release the update, or simply turn off update notifications and continue using 1.2 forever.
olenbr

Post by olenbr »

raiguard wrote:Ooo, that looks really nice.

Add Padding=0,2,0,0 to the bar Meter. Increase or decrease the second number until the bar is where you want it. You can also use the first number to nudge it to the right a bit if you want.

Also, just an FYI, I’m going to be releasing v1.3.0 soon (as in probably next week) and if you update you will lose all of the customizations you have made. The underlying code of the gadgets has changed a lot, and will be easier to work with on 1.3. I’d either wait until next week when I release the update, or simply turn off update notifications and continue using 1.2 forever.
haha this stuff pretty cool, i added padding line to bar meter section and i got this LOL
rainmetercpu2.jpg
look at that bar is twice as thick but only the height has load color, while the rest is the background color for bar when its not loaded instead of being black/background.

edit: is it possible to add more colors option, which file would i have to edit? only goes up to 20 cores, need more because each core want 2 color type haha.
raiguard

Post by raiguard »

olenbr wrote:haha this stuff pretty cool, i added padding line to bar meter section and i got this LOL

rainmetercpu2.jpg

look at that bar is twice as thick but only the height has load color, while the rest is the background color for bar when its not loaded instead of being black/background.

edit: is it possible to add more colors option, which file would i have to edit? only goes up to 20 cores, need more because each core want 2 color type haha.
Oh, I meant just add the padding to the specific bar meter for the core, not the bar meter style. Oh well.

The CPU settings file is in ModernGadgets\@Resources\Settings\CpuSettings.inc. v1.2 only supports up to 20 cores, but v1.3 will support 32. You could simply add more color variables to the file and reference them if you need more.
olenbr

Post by olenbr »

raiguard wrote:Oh, I meant just add the padding to the specific bar meter for the core, not the bar meter style. Oh well.

The CPU settings file is in ModernGadgets\@Resources\Settings\CpuSettings.inc. v1.2 only supports up to 20 cores, but v1.3 will support 32. You could simply add more color variables to the file and reference them if you need more.
ahh ok thanks i'll give it a try later when im off work. no wonder when i try using hex code for additional color they all show white lol so i'd need to add color variables first.
olenbr

Post by olenbr »

raiguard wrote:Oh, I meant just add the padding to the specific bar meter for the core, not the bar meter style. Oh well.

adding color variable worked

edit: nevermind lucked out and find it haha

[MeasureRamFree]
Measure=Calc
Formula=(MeasureRamTotal - MeasureRamUsed)
IfCondition=1
IfTrueAction=[!CommandMeasure MeasureFixedPrecisionFormatScript "FormatNumber
([MeasureRamFree], #fpfRamDepth#, '1k', 'textRamFree')"]
OnChangeAction=[!CommandMeasure MeasureFixedPrecisionFormatScript "FormatNumber
([MeasureRamFree], #fpfRamDepth#, '1k', 'textRamFree')"]
olenbr

Post by olenbr »

@Raiguard
thanks a lot for your help man otherwise would be stuck for weeks on this. just trying to make the looks what im use to lol

now I just need to make sure Hwinfo64 runs with higher priority on start up and reloads every .8 sec!

edit: I have set Hwinfo64 to refresh every 800ms but rainmeter/moderngadget still refresh every 1 second, where can i change this?
rainmetercomplete.jpg
raiguard

Post by raiguard »

olenbr wrote:@Raiguard
thanks a lot for your help man otherwise would be stuck for weeks on this. just trying to make the looks what im use to lol

now I just need to make sure Hwinfo64 runs with higher priority on start up and reloads every .8 sec!

edit: I have set Hwinfo64 to refresh every 800ms but rainmeter/moderngadget still refresh every 1 second, where can i change this?

rainmetercomplete.jpg
That looks really nice!

But if you were going for the original look of the gadgets, it would have been WAY easier to make modifications to SilverAzide's Gadget Replicas than to mod ModernGadgets. I came up with this with about five minutes of editing.
2018-02-02 13_45_45-.png
Edit: Heh, I just noticed that both our CPU Meters are the exact same height with 8 cores and default settings.
2018-02-02 13_47_11-.png
olenbr

Post by olenbr »

raiguard wrote:That looks really nice!

But if you were going for the original look of the gadgets, it would have been WAY easier to make modifications to SilverAzide's Gadget Replicas than to mod ModernGadgets. I came up with this with about five minutes of editing.

2018-02-02 13_45_45-.png

Edit: Heh, I just noticed that both our CPU Meters are the exact same height with 8 cores and default settings.

2018-02-02 13_47_11-.png
wow didn't know there was one lol the only one i found was here so i started with this. the old all cpu meter didn't work with 8700k but i guess someone continued it.

does it also use rainmeter?
SilverAzide
Rainmeter Sage

Post by SilverAzide »

raiguard wrote:I came up with this with about five minutes of editing.
Hey, I'm kinda liking this! ;-) Sweet!

olenbr wrote:does it also use rainmeter?
Sure, give the Gadgets a try if that's the look you are going for... :)
olenbr

Post by olenbr »

SilverAzide wrote:Hey, I'm kinda liking this! ;-) Sweet!
Sure, give the Gadgets a try if that's the look you are going for... :)
it looks very nice, just like the old one however i have 6 cores 12 threads and it only shows temp up to 5 cores. for 6th core and both threads temperature are at 0 C.. how do I fix that?