It is currently April 16th, 2024, 11:02 pm

ModernGadgets 1.8.2

A package of skins with a "theme" or by a single author
raiguard

Re: ModernGadgets 1.1.2 - New look, familiar gadgets

Post by raiguard »

Edworld wrote:Is there any news about this fantastic gadgets?, I think the creator had several things in mind as features and I would love to know if he is going to do them, I just have a little curiosity :D
I apologize for the delay. I planned on having a new update out by now, but life happened. I am still working on it though!
”We are pretty sure that r2922 resolves the regression in resolution caused by a reversion to a revision.” - jsmorley, 2017
te7

Post by te7 »

Thanks for the wonderful Modern Gadgets. I was on Rainmeter 3.21, but updated to 4.0 to use your gadgets. Everything worked out of the box but had to manually set HWInfo id's for motherboard and CPU fan. Everything working fine. Thanks !

Just a note: In the HWConfig Tool for the CPU, if you just copy and paste a sensor id into the setting and then refresh the gadget, it doesn't work. You have to paste the new sensor id value into the setting for the motherboard id setting, then hit ENTER on your keyboard. That wasn't intuitive. I had to figure it out. Maybe a small note on the CPU gadget config tool would help.
raiguard

Post by raiguard »

te7 wrote:Thanks for the wonderful Modern Gadgets. I was on Rainmeter 3.21, but updated to 4.0 to use your gadgets. Everything worked out of the box but had to manually set HWInfo id's for motherboard and CPU fan. Everything working fine. Thanks !

Just a note: In the HWConfig Tool for the CPU, if you just copy and paste a sensor id into the setting and then refresh the gadget, it doesn't work. You have to paste the new sensor id value into the setting for the motherboard id setting, then hit ENTER on your keyboard. That wasn't intuitive. I had to figure it out. Maybe a small note on the CPU gadget config tool would help.
Oh, I saw your comment on illustro Gadgets but didn't see that you posted here too. Pressing enter after inputting a value is required by the InputText plugin, and there's nothing I can do about it. You're the first person to complain about it.

I'll think of a solution. Other than that, I'm glad you had a smooth experience! Providing a smooth setup experience was my number one goal of this suite. :D
”We are pretty sure that r2922 resolves the regression in resolution caused by a reversion to a revision.” - jsmorley, 2017
te7

Post by te7 »

Thanks again ! I didn't mean to complain. I just wondered if maybe you could add a context selection in the lower right that would say something like "Save Settings" and then save them after a copy and paste. Just an idea. Thanks again for the wonderful work !
fonpaolo

Post by fonpaolo »

Not really, te7, using InputText plugin, pressing Enter is the only way to save what you've typed or pasted in the box. ;-)
raiguard

Re: ModernGadgets 1.2.0 - New look, familiar gadgets

Post by raiguard »

v1.2.0 has been released (finally)! Included with this release is the switch to using direct2D font rendering, which allows for much more consistent positioning and an overall more readable look to the gadgets. Other major features include a global settings skin (for changing settings that pertain to all skins at once), color customization, and the long-requested ability to display network traffic in bytes per second instead of bits per second.

v1.2.0 - 2017-4-19
- Added average CPU usage graph mode
- Added global config skin
- Added color customization
- Added network ping display to Network Meter
- Added thermal throttling detection to CPU Meter
- Added option to display network traffic in bytes/sec
- Added reset to defaults function
- Added line graph antialiasing toggle
- Added manual max VRAM toggle to GPU meter
- Switched to Direct2D font rendering
- Text alignment touch-ups
- Changed border color to be slightly dimmer
- Fixed CPU Meter not adjusting the icon for non-intel CPUs
- Split official releases from dev releases in the changelog
superj

Post by superj »

wanted to start out with saying i really like your skin and all the work you have put into it. i am pretty new to using rainmeter.

i am having a few issues with the GPU meter. i set the override max vram setting and put in my max vram. and used GPU D3D Memory Dedicated as the (used) vram as that is the correct value for me.

my question is how can i make it where the % at the end of the VRAM line works correctly, and the bar underneath it work correctly
darkonyx

Post by darkonyx »

Nice new update, great to see the development is going forward :)

Only issue I got is that the max VRAM override setting doesn't work for me... it still shows "used VRAM" / 0.0kB 0% just as before. Hopefully I've done something wrong here and that I can get the max VRAM, percentage and usage bar/meter of VRAM working as well, thanks in advance!
darkonyx

Post by darkonyx »

Found a bug! In the Network Meter, "Ext IP" is showing "ERROR" for me (see picture->> Image).
raiguard

Post by raiguard »

Thanks for the feedback! I felt like I missed something important with the VRAM override, and it seems my suspicions were correct. I'll look into those issues.

As for the network Meter error, that happens when webparser has an issue retrieving the external IP address. This can happen for a variety of reasons: your domain blocks the website, the website is down, or the request timed out. There is a list of alternative websites included in Network Meter's INI file, under [MeasureExternalIp]. Try some of those, and if you still have problems, let me know.