It is currently March 28th, 2024, 10:18 pm

ModernGadgets 1.8.2

A package of skins with a "theme" or by a single author
xanderlicious

Re: ModernGadgets 1.1.0 - New look, familiar gadgets

Post by xanderlicious »

[quote="Nightliss"]Thank you very much for this. Very easy to configure - all I had to do was to correct my motherboard ID because it was showing than my fan was spinning at -9000RPM :) Goodbye 8GadgetPack!

sorry just seen this - how do i correct my motherboard ID?
Nightliss

Re: ModernGadgets 1.1.0 - New look, familiar gadgets

Post by Nightliss »

xanderlicious wrote:Thank you very much for this. Very easy to configure - all I had to do was to correct my motherboard ID because it was showing than my fan was spinning at -9000RPM :) Goodbye 8GadgetPack!

sorry just seen this - how do i correct my motherboard ID?
Right click on CPU gadget and select HWinfo config tool. Sensor ID of your motherboad should be red. In right bottom corner you will find 3 icons, click last one. It will open hwinfo shared memory viewer. Find your motherboard and simply copy ID. You probably dealt with it by now anyway :p
gffmac

Re: ModernGadgets 1.1.2 - New look, familiar gadgets

Post by gffmac »

How would I change it to MB/s rather than Mb/s on the network monitor ?

I also want to add a bar for down and upload speed. I can probably figure that out by comparing another skin that I have.

Love the skin :)
raiguard

Post by raiguard »

xanderlicious wrote:really liking this skin but i can't work out why my CPU fan speed is showing a negative figure.

Any assistance here would be appreciated

thanks in advance
Sorry I didn't see this. The forums neglected to inform me that there was a reply.

Nightliss gave you the correct instructions. Follow them. ;)
”We are pretty sure that r2922 resolves the regression in resolution caused by a reversion to a revision.” - jsmorley, 2017
raiguard

Post by raiguard »

gffmac wrote:How would I change it to MB/s rather than Mb/s on the network monitor ?

I also want to add a bar for down and upload speed. I can probably figure that out by comparing another skin that I have.

Love the skin :)
Switching between bytes/sec and bits/sec is already possible, I just completely forgot to add a toggle for it in the settings. It's already planned for the next version.

If you want to enable it right now, simply disable the [MeasureNetInBitsCalc] and [MeasureNetOutBitsCalc] measures, and change the meters to say B/s instead of bit/s. Refresh the skin and you should be good to go!

On upload and download speed bars, it's definitely possible, the problem is that it's difficult to get an accurate maximum value. I'm not going to implement it myself, but you could implement it for yourself with a little digging.
”We are pretty sure that r2922 resolves the regression in resolution caused by a reversion to a revision.” - jsmorley, 2017
Edworld

Post by Edworld »

Hello!, sorry for my english. Are you planning to make a "switch" to turn off some disks detection in the disks skin? I mean, my network drives are showing up and the activity seems to be in 100% always. I just want to have only my local disks there. I've edited the .ini and put some '1's in the Hidden and Disabled sections of each letter of my Network Drives, and the work seems to be good when I refresh the skin, but something happens and when I restart my PC, the networks drives are showed again, like I didn't make any change in the .ini, then I open the .ini and I need to do the changes again.

Thanks for your time and your effort :welcome:
Last edited by Edworld on January 30th, 2017, 3:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
raiguard

Post by raiguard »

Edworld wrote:Hello!, sorry for my english. Are you planning to make a "switch" to turn off some disks detection in the disks skin? I mean, my network drives are showing up and the activity seems to be in 100% always. I just want to have only my local disks there. I've edited the .ini and put some '1's in the Hidden and Disabled sections of each letter of my Network Drives, and the work seems to be good when I refresh the skin, but something happens and when I restart my PC, the networks drives are showed again, like I didn't make any change in the .ini, then I open the .ini and I need to do the changes again.

Thanks for your time and you effort :welcome:
Yeah, I didn't think about that when I made the skin. I'll add it to the list for the next version. Thanks for your feedback!
gffmac

Post by gffmac »

iamanai wrote:Switching between bytes/sec and bits/sec is already possible, I just completely forgot to add a toggle for it in the settings. It's already planned for the next version.

If you want to enable it right now, simply disable the [MeasureNetInBitsCalc] and [MeasureNetOutBitsCalc] measures, and change the meters to say B/s instead of bit/s. Refresh the skin and you should be good to go!

On upload and download speed bars, it's definitely possible, the problem is that it's difficult to get an accurate maximum value. I'm not going to implement it myself, but you could implement it for yourself with a little digging.
I think it looks pretty good with the network bars, I tweaked a few other things as you might notice :)

Thanks again.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
raiguard

Post by raiguard »

gffmac wrote:I think it looks pretty good with the network bars, I tweaked a few other things as you might notice :)

Thanks again.
Looks great! :thumbup:
Edworld

Post by Edworld »

Is there any news about this fantastic gadgets?, I think the creator had several things in mind as features and I would love to know if he is going to do them, I just have a little curiosity :D