It is currently March 29th, 2024, 10:58 am

ModernGadgets 1.8.2

A package of skins with a "theme" or by a single author
jsmorley
Developer

Re: ModernGadgets 1.2.0 - New look, familiar gadgets

Post by jsmorley »

raiguard wrote:The alternative that CPU Meter uses when the HWiNFO sensors are unavailable is the Power Plugin.

Code: Select all

; Cpu Clock Speed
[MeasureCpuClockSpeed]
Measure=Plugin
Plugin=PowerPlugin
PowerState=MHz
Disabled=(#showCpuClock# = 0) ? 1 : 0
Yeah, that seems to work ok.
gffmac

Post by gffmac »

raiguard wrote:Unfortunately it appears that your CPU does not have clock speed sensors through HWiNFO. In this case, CPU Meter is using an alternative (albeit less accurate) built-in Rainmeter measure. Sorry about that.
I found the issue:
show values.PNG
All the 'Show Values' boxes were not ticked! Im sure I have them all filled in properly now apart from CPU 0:DTS Core 0 Temp.

Which sensor is correct to use?
sensors.PNG
Thanks!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
raiguard

Post by raiguard »

gffmac wrote:I found the issue:
show values.PNG

All the 'Show Values' boxes were not ticked! Im sure I have them all filled in properly now apart from CPU 0:DTS Core 0 Temp.

Which sensor is correct to use?
sensors.PNG

Thanks!
The top one (Core #0).
”We are pretty sure that r2922 resolves the regression in resolution caused by a reversion to a revision.” - jsmorley, 2017
gffmac

Post by gffmac »

raiguard wrote:The top one (Core #0).
Thanks raiguard awsome skin, not sure my core temps are working as they should core 1&2 are the same and 3&4 the same.
SilverAzide
Rainmeter Sage

Post by SilverAzide »

That is correct for hyperthreaded CPUs (2 logical cores per physical core).
Gadgets Wiki GitHub More Gadgets...
gffmac

Post by gffmac »

SilverAzide wrote:That is correct for hyperthreaded CPUs (2 logical cores per physical core).
Thanks, the previous version of the skin that didnt use HWiNFO displayed 4 seperate temps, and HWiNFO does show them in the sensor window:
Screen Shot 2017-07-05 at 15.33.19.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
raiguard

Post by raiguard »

gffmac wrote:Thanks, the previous version of the skin that didnt use HWiNFO displayed 4 seperate temps, and HWiNFO does show them in the sensor window:
Screen Shot 2017-07-05 at 15.33.19.png
Ah, so your CPU is not hyperthreaded, but the gadget doesn't realize that it's not. I have a beta version released that should fix this issue. If you would like to get it now, open the global settings skin and enable "opt-in to development testing". It should then prompt you to download v1.2.1-beta.1, which has a fix for your issue.

Let me know if you have any other questions!
”We are pretty sure that r2922 resolves the regression in resolution caused by a reversion to a revision.” - jsmorley, 2017
gffmac

Post by gffmac »

raiguard wrote:Ah, so your CPU is not hyperthreaded, but the gadget doesn't realize that it's not. I have a beta version released that should fix this issue. If you would like to get it now, open the global settings skin and enable "opt-in to development testing". It should then prompt you to download v1.2.1-beta.1, which has a fix for your issue.

Let me know if you have any other questions!
Awsome, the beta has fixed the issue cheers!
raiguard

Re: ModernGadgets 1.2.1 - New look, familiar gadgets

Post by raiguard »

v1.2.1 - 2017-8-2
- Fixed non-hyperthreaded core temperatures
- Fixed bytes/sec option in Network Meter
- Fixed manual max VRAM not working properly
- Changed update checker URL

Sorry for lack of updates, I am moving house so I have had ZERO time on my hands. Plus, v1.3's feature set will be huge, including a new gadget, so it'll take a while anyway. Thanks for being patient! As always, if you encounter any bugs or issues, please let me know.
Nightliss

Re: ModernGadgets 1.2.1 - New look, familiar gadgets

Post by Nightliss »

After an update gadget shows correct temp for cores 1-4 but for 5-8 it shows distance to max temp
ss.jpg
Before it showed correct same temp for core 1-2, 3-4, 5-6, 7-8 as it should.