It is currently March 28th, 2024, 10:48 am

ModernGadgets 1.8.2

A package of skins with a "theme" or by a single author
darkonyx

Re: ModernGadgets 1.3.0 - System monitoring evolved

Post by darkonyx »

I know this is not a bug per se, but the unintentional effect from using HWiNFO's values directly.

The GPU "Memory Clock" that is displayed on the "GPU Meter" shows the "actual" frequency, but (at least in my case) running a GPU with GDDR5 memory means the "actual" frequency is multiplied by a factor 4x in order to get the "effective" frequency (which shows in programs like MSI Afterburner etc.).
I would hope for a "fix" or even a toggle for changing the display of "actual" and "effective", for those that would prefer to have it as a feature to have any of them displayed.

Another thing I noticed. With Ryzen CPUs there're no per-core temperature sensors. This means that the first two core in the CPU meter shows identical temps and the rest showing 0°C (and me having the 8Core/16Thread Ryzen 7 1700 that's a lot of 0°C showing). It would be nice if there was a feature to only have the temp as it's own row and replace the temps with frequencies of each core (and if that doesn't fit or looks good maybe changing out "Core X" with "CX" or removing the text as the horizontal bars being in different colors is a clear enough distinction I think).

OR

Having only the first core showing the temp and the rest just being empty space.

Thanks a lot!

//DarkOnyx
windeed

Re: ModernGadgets 1.3.1 - System monitoring evolved

Post by windeed »

Hey raiguard,

First, loving the skins!

I was trying to share my slightly customized version with a friend when GMail popped up with a virus warning. Went and uploaded the vanilla download to VirusTotal and it's triggering a lot of detections:

https://www.virustotal.com/#/file/0b91f7af18a9bdd393bbd9d16b2e2034f279b6b570516fa07029a45a132e6a52/detection

Safe to say they're all false positives or something to worry about?

Thanks!
CyberTheWorm

Post by CyberTheWorm »

a rmskin file is just a zip file formatted to rainmeter for easy installs.

Personally I would not trust that online scanner from virustotal
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

It looks like that skin suite is using one or more addons written in AutoIt, which is a very nice little development tool, but because it has a history with script-kiddies using it to write bots for games and such, is not very trusted by a lot of antivirus software. This is in fact "false positives".
mifjpn

ModernGadgets 1.3.1 - How to reset total(up/down)load

Post by mifjpn »

Hello raiguard.
Thank you for your cool and automatic-setting gadget!! :17good
I ask a little question about Network Meter.
The total(up|down)loads have been counting up after install this gadget.
How to reset(to zero) total(up|down)loads?

mifjpn
raiguard

Re: ModernGadgets 1.3.1 - How to reset total(up/down)load

Post by raiguard »

mifjpn wrote:Hello raiguard.
Thank you for your cool and automatic-setting gadget!! :17good
I ask a little question about Network Meter.
The total(up|down)loads have been counting up after install this gadget.
How to reset(to zero) total(up|down)loads?

mifjpn
When you mouse over Network Meter, refresh icons will appear. Click the one next to the "total" label to reset the totals.
sherpa25

Post by sherpa25 »

Hi, thanks for this cool skin! I'm new to this, and wish to increase the font size of text/values, using CPU and GPU. Can someone advise how to increase the fontsize? TIA. @raiguard, pls?
sherpa25

Post by sherpa25 »

sherpa25 wrote:Hi, thanks for this cool skin! I'm new to this, and wish to increase the font size of text/values, using CPU and GPU. Can someone advise how to increase the fontsize? TIA.
@raiguard, can you pls help me w/ this? Thanks.
raiguard

Post by raiguard »

sherpa25 wrote:@raiguard, can you pls help me w/ this? Thanks.
Ah sorry, I saw this when you first posted, then completely forgot to respond.

Go into the gadget manager, and click on MG Skins Folder. Then, navigate to @Resources\StyleSheet.inc and open that file. You can change various settings in there. However, keep in mind that changing some of those settings will most likely screw up the interface, so proceed with caution!
sherpa25

Post by sherpa25 »

raiguard wrote:Ah sorry, I saw this when you first posted, then completely forgot to respond.

Go into the gadget manager, and click on MG Skins Folder. Then, navigate to @Resources\StyleSheet.inc and open that file. You can change various settings in there. However, keep in mind that changing some of those settings will most likely screw up the interface, so proceed with caution!
Thanks a lot! :)