It is currently March 28th, 2024, 10:09 am

ModernGadgets 1.8.2

A package of skins with a "theme" or by a single author
raiguard

Re: ModernGadgets 1.2.0 - New look, familiar gadgets

Post by raiguard »

Zop308 wrote:I did the above steps (including line 80 delete in CpuConfig.lua) and the virtual cores still have bad values. 'threadsPerCore' set to 1 someplace else?

However, this is a very minor bug so no worries. Moving to a new house is a major time eater. Good luck on the move.

Thanks, James.
Did the threadsPerCore value change back to 2, or is it still 1? (You will have to reopen the file to see if it changed).
Zop308

Post by Zop308 »

raiguard wrote:Did the threadsPerCore value change back to 2, or is it still 1? (You will have to reopen the file to see if it changed).
In CPU.ini 'threadsPerCore' does change back to 2.

Also double checked in @Resources\Scripts\Config\CpuConfig.lua, that line 80, 'threadsPerCore = 1' IS DELETED. I located '@Resources' in 'C:\Users\xxxxx\Documents\Rainmeter\Skins\ModernGadgets'. I am assuming that is the proper location.

Thanks, James.

EDIT: Oops, forgot to say line 80 DELETED
snovvman

Post by snovvman »

Greetings,

Thank you for the great gadgets. This is allowing me to move away from Windows Gadgets to Rainmeter.

Regarding the CPU gauge--I would like to disable/not display the individual cores. I've looked at the ini and commented certain sections. The best I was able to do was to get it do not report the data anymore, but it does not collapse the gauge (still takes up the space). What is the best way to do this? Thanks again.
raiguard

Post by raiguard »

snovvman wrote:Greetings,

Thank you for the great gadgets. This is allowing me to move away from Windows Gadgets to Rainmeter.

Regarding the CPU gauge--I would like to disable/not display the individual cores. I've looked at the ini and commented certain sections. The best I was able to do was to get it do not report the data anymore, but it does not collapse the gauge (still takes up the space). What is the best way to do this? Thanks again.
Open CPU.ini (right-click on CPU Meter, click "Edit Skin") and scroll down to line 200, which is 'Formula=%NUMBER_OF_PROCESSORS%'. Comment that out (put a semicolon and a space before the contents of the line), then uncomment the line below it, 'Formula=20' and change the value to 0. Save the file and refresh CPU Meter. Next, open CPU Meter settings and enable "Average CPU Usage Graph".

So it should look like this:

Code: Select all

; Formula=%NUMBER_OF_PROCESSORS%
Formula=0
EDIT: Attached is a picture of what it should look like after you're done (the pic also has Page File information enabled, which is disabled by default).
Attachments
2017-07-02 18_02_37-Program Manager.png
gffmac

Post by gffmac »

Anyone know what Im missing?
example.png
Cant seem to get Core 0 Clock to not be red, Ive tried various combinations. also core 1&2 have same temps and 3&4 same temps?

Thanks!
CyberTheWorm

Post by CyberTheWorm »

I have the same processor, you can try these values and see if it works.
Capture.PNG
gffmac

Post by gffmac »

CyberTheWorm wrote:I have the same processor, you can try these values and see if it works.Capture.PNG
Thanks I tried '0x6000000' but its the same, maybe its because Ive overclocked slightly, Ill try default later today and see if it lists like yours.
raiguard

Post by raiguard »

gffmac wrote:Anyone know what Im missing?
example.png
Cant seem to get Core 0 Clock to not be red, Ive tried various combinations. also core 1&2 have same temps and 3&4 same temps?

Thanks!
Unfortunately it appears that your CPU does not have clock speed sensors through HWiNFO. In this case, CPU Meter is using an alternative (albeit less accurate) built-in Rainmeter measure. Sorry about that.
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

Couldn't you get there with the PerfMon plugin using

Processor Information / Processor Frequency
raiguard

Post by raiguard »

jsmorley wrote:Couldn't you get there with the PerfMon plugin using

Processor Information / Processor Frequency
The alternative that CPU Meter uses when the HWiNFO sensors are unavailable is the Power Plugin.

Code: Select all

; Cpu Clock Speed
[MeasureCpuClockSpeed]
Measure=Plugin
Plugin=PowerPlugin
PowerState=MHz
Disabled=(#showCpuClock# = 0) ? 1 : 0