It is currently March 28th, 2024, 8:37 am

ModernGadgets 1.8.2

A package of skins with a "theme" or by a single author
raiguard

Re: ModernGadgets 1.2.2 - New look, familiar gadgets

Post by raiguard »

darkonyx wrote:Just wanted to request a few things :)

Just as we can untick to display CPU-name in settings, there should be the same option on the GPU-side as well.
I manually edited the script-file and commented out those lines responsible for the GPU name, but it would be much more clean if there was an option in settings as well :D
Also, Is there any way to disable the view of individual core-temps? Because with the new Ryzen CPUs (I got a Ryzen 7 1700, 8core/16threads) you can only view the package and average CPU-core temps and not individual core-temps like on Intel(?).
Lastly, is there any way to disable viewing "Ext IP" and "In IP" in Network Meter? Because about Ext IP, that one is always showing me "ERROR" with red letters and it's very distracting (I did remember it working a view versions back). So either a way to fix it or an option to disable it from the meter (maybe as a quick-fix at least? :P)
Thanks!
Sorry for the late reply. The Ryzen temps are not working because HWiNFO hasn't been updated for them yet. So there's nothing I can do. As for the external IP, I'm thinking about reworking that part to function better, because that happens to me a lot as well. I'll get back to you on that.
silvers727

Post by silvers727 »

Hey!
I'm new around here.
I just have a problem with the number of cores. My CPU is i7-7700K but the Gadget shows that I have 8 Cores. How can I solve that? :/

Thank You!
SilverAzide
Rainmeter Sage

Post by SilverAzide »

An Intel i7-7700K CPU has 8 logical cores (4 hyperthreaded physical cores). The skin is showing logical cores, which is what Windows sees.
raiguard

Post by raiguard »

For any development testers, there is (finally) a beta for v1.3! You should be automatically notified by the update checker, but just in case, here's the link: https://github.com/raiguard/ModernGadgets/releases/download/v1.3.0-beta.1/ModernGadgets_1.3.0-beta.1.rmskin
ozzman2017

Post by ozzman2017 »

Does anyone know how to change the horizontal size of the disks meter?
I have looking all over, but can't find anything related to :

[meterTitle]
X=100
Y=12
W=182
H=18

I want to make the meter 182 long, can someone give some pointers?
raiguard

Post by raiguard »

ozzman2017 wrote:Does anyone know how to change the horizontal size of the disks meter?
I have looking all over, but can't find anything related to :

[meterTitle]
X=100
Y=12
W=182
H=18

I want to make the meter 182 long, can someone give some pointers?
If you want to change the width of just disks Meter, then add #bgWidth#=182 to the bottom of the [Variables] section in Disks Meter. Save, refresh the gadget, and everything should work automatically.

If you want to change all the gadgets’ widths, then go to ModernGadgets/@Resources/Settings/StyleSheet.inc and change the #bgWidth# value in that file.
ozzman2017

Post by ozzman2017 »

That was awesome.
One more question, what if I want to change the text colors on disk meters, is there a parameter I can add to do that?
raiguard

Post by raiguard »

ozzman2017 wrote:That was awesome.
One more question, what if I want to change the text colors on disk meters, is there a parameter I can add to do that?
You can change the disk colors through the Disks Settings skin. To change the text colors, there are #colorMain#, #colorInfo#, and #colorDim# options you can mess with. If you’re wanting to change text colors for different disks, you’ll actually have to go through and change those manually. Let me know if you have any other questions.
chencao187

Post by chencao187 »

Hey man. I am using your skin and really love it.

Just one issue. I am using the Ryzen7 1700x CPU. I have read the previous replies knowing that Ryzen CPUs are not fully supported by this skin because of the HWINFO.

I have just checked the latest version of the HWINFO and I found that Ryzen CPUs do not have core temperatures for each cores. Instead, there are CPU (Tctl) and CPU (Tdie) that measure the temperatures. CPU (Tctl) are 20C higher than CPU (Tdie). And I found that CPU (Tdie) is the more accurate temperature when I compared it with AMD Ryzen Master.

Anyway, hope this can give you some pre-investigation clues if you are planning to implement an update for Ryzen (you might already close to finish).

Thanks again for your amazing work! :17good
raiguard

Post by raiguard »

chencao187 wrote:Hey man. I am using your skin and really love it.

Just one issue. I am using the Ryzen7 1700x CPU. I have read the previous replies knowing that Ryzen CPUs are not fully supported by this skin because of the HWINFO.

I have just checked the latest version of the HWINFO and I found that Ryzen CPUs do not have core temperatures for each cores. Instead, there are CPU (Tctl) and CPU (Tdie) that measure the temperatures. CPU (Tctl) are 20C higher than CPU (Tdie). And I found that CPU (Tdie) is the more accurate temperature when I compared it with AMD Ryzen Master.

Anyway, hope this can give you some pre-investigation clues if you are planning to implement an update for Ryzen (you might already close to finish).

Thanks again for your amazing work! :17good
Like I’ve said before, Ryzen temps are completely 100% out of my control. Until HWiNFO updates for them there is absolutely nothing I can do.

You could see if CoreTemp or SpeedFan have support for them, and possibly jerryrig some measures to read from those instead. In the meantime though, you’ll just have to deal without. Sorry. :(