It is currently March 29th, 2024, 1:08 pm

Slideshow 5

Skins with graphics and animations
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Slideshow 5

Post by balala »

The newest version of this skin. This one uses the ActionTimer plugin, instead of a low Update value, so it consumes less resources.

Release notes:
Ver: 2 - May 26, 2012
- Initial release (I took over the initial code from legace - that can be considered version 1)
- 3 transition effects (Fade, Stretch and Vertical Slide)
Ver: 3 - Jan 09, 2013
- Added one transition effect (Fill)
- 4 transition effects (Fade, Vertical Slide, Fill and Stretch)
- Added a Set wallpaper button
Ver: 3.1 - Apr 09, 2013
- Added a functional Previous button (which can bring back the last five previously shown images).
- Added a setting to show the name of the image with or without extension.
Ver: 4 - Jun 02, 2015
- Added three transition effects: Spin, Barn and Slide.
- 7 transition effects (Fade, Vertical slide, Fill, Stretch, Spin, Barn and Slide).
- Added a Settings and a Browse (to easily select the used folder) skin (up to the version 3.1, the Settings tool was an exe, now it's ini).
- Added a Copy the image name to clipboard button.
- Created the new config structure (using the @Resource folder).
Ver: 4.1 - Dec 01, 2015
- Added five transition effects: Push out, Shape, Pixelize, Blinds and Random Bars
- 12 transition effects.
- The unnecessary measures are disabled while the skin is running.
- Modified the Copy image name button, to copy the whole path and filename, not just the filename.
- Added the Release notes panel to the Settings tool.
•Ver: 5 - Nov 07, 2016 (current)
- Completely rewrote code. Now it uses the ActionTimer plugin and so, the skin uses much less resources.
- Update set to the default 1000.
- Added a setting to show or hide the image name.
- Rewritten Next button, to not refresh the skin, but to bring a new image, according to the settings.
- Added a button to open the image containing folder, with the proper image selected. Redesigned buttons panel.
- Added a setting to show / hide the Gloss effect on the images.

Comments are welcomed.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
mak_kawa

Re: Slideshow 5

Post by mak_kawa »

Hi balala. I am always impressed with your great comments and works on this Rainmeter forum.

The following is my honest opinion to your Slideshow 5 skin as a casual photographer.
Your slideshow skin has really fantastic features. And setting capability is also great. I can't make such a skin at all.

But, I have a feeling that something does not match with my sense when looking the slideshow having display frame of "landscape" aspect ratio (i.e. width > height). In this kind of slideshow, "portlait" (width < height) photos are displayed in smaller size than "landscape" photos.
Perhaps for the photographer, "portlait" photos are more common than, or at least have equal value to "lanscape" photos. For example in my collection of photos, "portlait":"landscape" ratio is about 3:1.

So my poorly-made slideshow skin of my own work has square display frame, so that portlait and landscape photos are displayed with same width * height (= area) value to show equal appearance, see the attachment. Waste of space... and maybe a matter of my taste :-) but how is this mode of display?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

mak_kawa wrote:Hi balala. I am always impressed with your great comments and works on this Rainmeter forum.

The following is my honest opinion to your Slideshow 5 skin as a casual photographer.
Your slideshow skin has really fantastic features. And setting capability is also great. I can't make such a skin at all.

But, I have a feeling that something does not match with my sense when looking the slideshow having display frame of "landscape" aspect ratio (i.e. width > height). In this kind of slideshow, "portlait" (width < height) photos are displayed in smaller size than "landscape" photos.
Perhaps for the photographer, "portlait" photos are more common than, or at least have equal value to "lanscape" photos. For example in my collection of photos, "portlait":"landscape" ratio is about 3:1.

So my poorly-made slideshow skin of my own work has square display frame, so that portlait and landscape photos are displayed with same width * height (= area) value to show equal appearance, see the attachment. Waste of space... and maybe a matter of my taste :-) but how is this mode of display?
Thanks for your appreciations, I'm glad if you like my works (and comments - but to be honest, I'm not sure my comments would be so good, because English is far away from being my native language).
Yes, for what you've said, the images used as background (Frame0.png respectively Frame1.png) should be resized / replaced and the formulas of the ImgWidth and ImgHeight variables ([Variables] section of the @Resources\Include\Settings.inc) should be rewritten. Not impossible at all! This was my choice when I created the skin, but if you'll edit the Frame0.png and Frame1.png images, you can achieve what you want.
If you start this, please let me know if something goes wrong.
eclectic-tech
Rainmeter Sage

Post by eclectic-tech »

Very good balala!!

I was trying to change how the wallpaper is applied to 'STRETCH' since my wallpapers come in lots of different ratios...

I found the where the only place where !SetWallpaper is in your code, but when I modify the bang that sets the option by replacing FIT with any of the available Windows wallpaper application types, it seems to revert to FILL/FIT which leaves balnk spaces on some of my wallpapers!

Is the !SetWallpaper being dynamically written or did I mess MISS something?

Thanks for the update and any help having it fill my screen! :oops:
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

eclectic-tech wrote:Very good balala!!

I was trying to change how the wallpaper is applied to 'STRETCH' since my wallpapers come in lots of different ratios...

I found the where the only place where !SetWallpaper is in your code, but when I modify the bang that sets the option by replacing FIT with any of the available Windows wallpaper application types, it seems to revert to FILL/FIT which leaves balnk spaces on some of my wallpapers!

Is the !SetWallpaper being dynamically written or did I mess MISS something?

Thanks for the update and any help having it fill my screen! :oops:
Thanks for your appreciations eclectic-tech.
Yes, I think you did miss something. Where have you modified that FIT parameter? Because there are seven !SetWallpaper bangs, all of them into the IfTrueAction options of the [MeasureShowExplorerSetWallpaperCopyButton] measure. Replace there the FIT parameter.
mak_kawa

Post by mak_kawa »

Hi balala. Thank you for response.
the images used as background (Frame0.png respectively Frame1.png) should be resized / replaced and the formulas of the ImgWidth and ImgHeight variables
Got it!! Great setting allowance of your slideshow skin. I could not change image name display position, but it is not a serious problem at all.

Especially, many transition effects are splendid. I can't imagine how you achieved them without CPU resource hogging.
eclectic-tech
Rainmeter Sage

Post by eclectic-tech »

How did I miss those others?! :???:
Thanks, working just the way I like now! :great:
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

mak_kawa wrote:I could not change image name display position
For this you have to change the X and Y options of the [PopUpImageName] meter. But if you change these options, you also should change the position of the [PopUp] meter. Otherwise the image names and the buttons (shown when you're hovering your mouse over the skin) will not be shown in the same position (at least for me, this would be a problem).
mak_kawa wrote:Especially, many transition effects are splendid. I can't imagine how you achieved them without CPU resource hogging.
I'm glad if you like them. The biggest problem of the previous version of this skin was exactly the high CPU usage. The ActionTimer plugin (a very good one, thanks to the developers) solved this issue. Now this skin uses the default Update=1000, but even so, it has many measures, which normally would increase the CPU usage. After a few tries finally I decided to disable all unneeded measures (depending on the effect). This is done by the IfTrueAction options of the [MeasureEffect] measure.
eclectic-tech wrote:How did I miss those others?! :???:
Thanks, working just the way I like now! :great:
I'm glad if you like it.
kaptainkirk10

Post by kaptainkirk10 »

great project :thumbup: Is there a way to increase the maximized meter display size?
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

kaptainkirk10 wrote:great project :thumbup: Is there a way to increase the maximized meter display size?
Hi kaptainkirk10, I'm glad if you like my skin, over time, I've invested a lot of work into it.
For sure there is, it can be resized to any size. A while ago another user asked how could it be made to fullscreen (in my opinion not a very good idea, but however...). Here is my reply: https://forum.rainmeter.net/viewtopic.php?p=113294#p113294
Unfortunately right now I have no enough time to work, but I promise tomorrow I'll come with a solution to can resize the skin to any size you'd like. Until then, you can try the description in the above link.