It is currently March 28th, 2024, 10:54 am

NetworkPanel

Skins that monitor system information
jsmorley
Developer

NetworkPanel

Post by jsmorley »

Network Information with a slide-out WiFi panel if WiFi is detected.

See @Resources\Network.inc to set important variables!

Right-click skin for more options.

Requires Rainmeter 4.0 or later.
Requires Windows 10.
NetworkPanel_1.0.rmskin
(943.45 KiB) Downloaded 1448 times
NetworkPanel.gif
Active Colors

Re: NetworkPanel

Post by Active Colors »

jsmorley wrote:Requires Windows 10.
It might be that I overlook some discussion but this skin works fine for me on Windows 7. Why?

Also, when has it become mandatory to indicate min and max speed values? Is this only for using bars?
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

Active Colors wrote:It might be that I overlook some discussion but this skin works fine for me on Windows 7. Why?

Also, when has it become mandatory to indicate min and max speed values? Is this only for using bars?
Correct. Bars can't really be accurate without some defined or derived MaxValue on the measure. A measure like NetIn/NetOut will use the highest value the measure has been since load/refresh as MaxValue by default, but that's pretty unsatisfying. It means the bars don't really mean much of anything until you have done something to max out your bandwidth. I get +-58mb/s on Speedtest.com, and that's about right for the service from my ISP. I'd just as soon have the bars reflect that from the bounce...
1.jpg
As to Windows 10, I specified that due to the custom skin menu that calls the Windows 10 Network Settings panel. If you want to live without that, or if the same "ms-settings:network" command opens some network dialog in Windows 7, (I don't think it does...) it will work fine. Or you can edit that command if you want. To be honest, I really just don't care about Windows 7 anymore. I just have no interest in wondering if my skin will or won't work on an operating system released in 2009.

We have an obligation to ensure that Rainmeter works ok with Windows 7 for the time being, I have no such obligation with my own skins.
7th Horseman

Post by 7th Horseman »

Your disinterest in making your skins compatible with non-Windows 10 machines is, of course, your prerogative.
jsmorley wrote:I just have no interest in wondering if my skin will or won't work on an operating system released in 2009.

We have an obligation to ensure that Rainmeter works ok with Windows 7 for the time being, I have no such obligation with my own skins.
But just to be sure your disinterest is properly informed...

https://www.computerworld.com/article/3199373/windows-pcs/windows-by-the-numbers-its-a-topsy-turvy-world-with-windows-10-down-7-up.html
According to California-based Net Applications, Windows 7 added more than a tenth of a percentage point of user share - an estimate of the portion of all PCs powered by that operating system - in April, ending the month on 43.6% of the world's PCs and on 49.3% of all systems running a flavor of Windows. (The second number is larger than the first because Windows accounted for 88.4% of all operating systems, not 100%.)

Meanwhile, Windows 10 was flat last month, accounting for 33.8% of all personal computer operating systems and 38.2% of all those running Windows.
Windows 10 use isn't even projected to catch Windows 7 use in this calendar year.

Thus, you are effectively disinterested in the majority of Windows users now and for some time to come.

You are also broadcasting that fact: great PR if ever I've heard it. If this isn't the right place for me to post this, I'll gladly start a thread with this post (but no more, as I think my quote of you and the article says all that I care to broadcast).
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

My disinterest is entirely accurately informed, as it is based entirely on my personal disinterest in Windows 7, which I assure you is at 100%.
7th Horseman

Post by 7th Horseman »

jsmorley wrote:My disinterest is entirely accurately informed, as it is based entirely on my personal disinterest in Windows 7, which I assure you is at 100%.
Why don't *you* start the thread on this subject?

The opinion of a pillar of a community such as yourself should be widely known -- if not for your own satisfaction then do it in the name of truth in advertising.
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

7th Horseman wrote:Why don't *you* start the thread on this subject?

The opinion of a pillar of a community such as yourself should be widely known -- if not for your own satisfaction then do it in the name of truth in advertising.
I find your interest in what I personally think or don't think about Windows 7 very weird and kinda creepy and stalker'ish. I tell you what, let's do this. If you reply to this in any way, or say one more word to me, I am going to ban and delete your account. My interest in this discussion has now reached the same 100% of disinterest that I also have in any post that gravedigs an almost two-year old thread to do some kind of trolling for an argument. That is exactly what these forums are not about...
Bgdrls

Post by Bgdrls »

Some errors appear...

https://imgur.com/kZsqj9O
ikarus1969

Post by ikarus1969 »

For me it works. I just downloaded it.
I recommend to make a new download and check if you meet the requirements as posted in the first post: Windows 10 and at least Rainmeter 4.0 or later.
Bgdrls

Post by Bgdrls »

ikarus1969 wrote: December 3rd, 2020, 6:46 am For me it works. I just downloaded it.
I recommend to make a new download and check if you meet the requirements as posted in the first post: Windows 10 and at least Rainmeter 4.0 or later.
Everything is latest win, rain, skin...