It is currently April 19th, 2024, 7:41 am

Pendulum (Newton's cradle)

Clocks and timer skins
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Re: Pendulum (Newton's cradle)

Post by Yincognito »

balala wrote: March 30th, 2019, 8:51 pmYou're right, working on it to try to fix this too. Hope will succeed, but let's see. When I'll get it to properly work, will post the newest, fixed version. Thanks for reporting. :great:
I don't fully understand what each variable in your skin does, but going logical about it, it appears that changing (again, LOL) the incriminated [MeasureTime1Digit]'s IfCondition to:

Code: Select all

IfCondition=(((#UseBalls#=0)&&([#CURRENTSECTION#]=0)&&(#LeadingZeros#=0))||(#UseBalls#>=1)||(#TimeOnBalls#=0))
appropriately clears the digit on the first ball, without any noticeable side effect.
balala wrote: March 30th, 2019, 8:51 pmOn my computer the CPU usage increases around 10%, with aproximativelly 15 (some relatively complex) loaded skins.
Well, 10% is relatively reasonable, compared to 40%-50%. Out of curiosity, does your GPU support hardware acceleration? Cause mine doesn't, and that would be pretty much the only explanation for the huge percentage increase difference between your setup and mine...
Profiles: Rainmeter ProfileDeviantArt ProfileSuites: MYiniMeterSkins: Earth
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

Yincognito wrote: March 30th, 2019, 9:28 pm appropriately clears the digit on the first ball, without any noticeable side effect.
But there is a such side effect: if the leading zeros are not enabled (Show leading zeros unchecked on Settings tool, which means the LeadingZeros variable is 0 in Settings.inc) and the hour has one single digit (before 10 o'clock), when the skin is refreshed, the first zero is hidden which is ok. But if now you click to hide the digits on balls and show the time on the skin, then click again, to put back the digits on balls, the first zero, which should have not to be shown, appears.
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Yincognito »

balala wrote: March 30th, 2019, 9:48 pm But there is a such side effect: if the leading zeros are not enabled (Show leading zeros unchecked on Settings tool, which means the LeadingZeros variable is 0 in Settings.inc) and the hour has one single digit (before 10 o'clock), when the skin is refreshed, the first zero is hidden which is ok. But if now you click to hide the digits on balls and show the time on the skin, then click again, to put back the digits on balls, the first zero, which should have not to be shown, appears.
Well, as you know, in our area the clock was after 10 o'clock at the time of posting, so I couldn't notice the side effect, since I didn't change the hour. However, since you replied, I did, and while I modified the IfCondition to the (at least, IMHO) obvious:

Code: Select all

IfCondition=(((#UseBalls#=0)&&([#CURRENTSECTION#]=0)&&(#LeadingZeros#=0))||(#UseBalls#>=1)||(#TimeOnBalls#=0)||((#TimeOnBalls#=1)&&(#LeadingZeros#=0)))
it didn't cancel the side effect (as it logically should have), despite the variables appearing in the log to have the values required to trigger hiding [MeterLeftTimeDigit]. This is because on clicking to move the digits on the balls, [MeasureTimeOnBalls] is directly showing the whole meter group, bypassing the conditions set in [MeasureTime1Digit] (or any [MeasureTimeNDigit], for that matter).

I guess my intervention in this wasn't that appropriate, since you obviously know all the little details and dependencies in your skin better than everybody else...
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

Yincognito wrote: March 30th, 2019, 10:56 pm I guess my intervention in this wasn't that appropriate, since you obviously know all the little details and dependencies in your skin better than everybody else...
This is always true related to the author of any skin...
Here is the corrected version of the skin. As usually please test it and let me know how does it work. Thanks.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Yincognito »

balala wrote: March 31st, 2019, 4:12 pm This is always true related to the author of any skin...
Here is the corrected version of the skin. As usually please test it and let me know how does it work. Thanks.
Just tested - all seems ok now. Well done! :great:
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

Yincognito wrote: March 31st, 2019, 4:27 pm Just tested - all seems ok now. Well done! :great:
Thanks. I'm glad if it does work well.
qwerky

Post by qwerky »

balala wrote: March 31st, 2019, 4:12 pm Here is the corrected version of the skin. As usually please test it and let me know how does it work. Thanks.
Tested all combinations of balls, colours, with/without numbers, and clock on/off. Everything working well. The mysterious digit on the first ball is gone, the clock background, when on, now covers the clock completely, as it should, and now I can hear the sound! :D

The only possible thing I would point out is that the clock background is slightly below the base of the cradle. It becomes more noticeable as the cradle size is decreased. But perhaps the position is by design.

All in all, great job! :thumbup:
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

qwerky wrote: March 31st, 2019, 7:18 pm Tested all combinations of balls, colours, with/without numbers, and clock on/off. Everything working well. The mysterious digit on the first ball is gone, the clock background, when on, now covers the clock completely, as it should, and now I can hear the sound! :D
Thanks for testing and I'm glad to hear (read) all this.
qwerky wrote: March 31st, 2019, 7:18 pm The only possible thing I would point out is that the clock background is slightly below the base of the cradle. It becomes more noticeable as the cradle size is decreased. But perhaps the position is by design.
This can be easily corrected, modifying the Y option of the [MeterDateTimeBackground] meter. For example replace the +10 in the formula used onto this option with -10: Y=([MeterCenter:H]-#Width#/20-10). I found it good as it is, but if you prefere, you can change, "lifting" it up a little bit.
qwerky wrote: March 31st, 2019, 7:18 pm All in all, great job! :thumbup:
Thank you. Appreciate the appreciations.
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Yincognito »

balala wrote: March 31st, 2019, 7:29 pmThank you. Appreciate the appreciations.
I appreciate how you appreciate his appreciations. This is something we all should appreciate. You are all such appreciative people, I must say. :thumbup:
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

Yincognito wrote: March 31st, 2019, 7:41 pm I appreciate how you appreciate his appreciations. This is something we all should appreciate. You are all such appreciative people, I must say. :thumbup: