It is currently March 28th, 2024, 6:18 pm

Versa-Visualizer

Media controls, music players, video and animated visualizers
eclectic-tech
Rainmeter Sage

Re: Versa-Visualizer

Post by eclectic-tech »

Updated to V1.2016.05.24

Added an option to the context menu to hide the MouseOverAction information display.

It could be taken by some as 'self-promoting'... when it fact it is necessary for mouse controls on the Circle version. If you hide this on the circle version, it means most options are only available from the right-click skin context menu. :uhuh:

It's always good to give end users as many options as possible :)
eclectic-tech
Rainmeter Sage

Post by eclectic-tech »

Per request: Updated to Version 1.2016.05.31

Now 3 version available: In~Line Horizontal, In~Line Vertical (New), and Circular

Version 1.2016.05.31 Changes
Added Vertical version (Uses separate configs due to differences in horizontal/vertical resolution and centering)
Added supporting skins for vertical version: config editor and style loader
Corrected In~Line Style opening link in configuration skin
Corrected missing BlurOn variable for several styles
Corrected Tooltip for shape deflection (definitions reversed)

That's it for now unless there are any issues or suggestions! :D
NoWay_To_HeaVeN

Post by NoWay_To_HeaVeN »

Separate left and right vu-meters / bars, but keep the same parameters.

Personally to separate both on the vertical version would be one more, allowing me to use 3 versions simultaneously
eclectic-tech
Rainmeter Sage

Post by eclectic-tech »

dvo wrote:idea : text in size changing in different fonts bouncing on the beat :) should be cool to :p :o
Interesting... I might look at that as another project. 8-)
eclectic-tech
Rainmeter Sage

Post by eclectic-tech »

NoWay_To_HeaVeN wrote:Separate left and right vu-meters / bars, but keep the same parameters.

Personally to separate both on the vertical version would be one more, allowing me to use 3 versions simultaneously
Separating them shouldn't be too difficult, I'll take a look at that. :thumbup:

I'm looking into LUA to allow more flexibility in generating the meters, but that will take me some time to implement and test. :x
eclectic-tech
Rainmeter Sage

Post by eclectic-tech »

Updated to Version 1.2016.09.23

Corrected the equalizer action (was being overwritten by included variables) O.O
Added an 9 page Instruction document in PDF format; it explains all of the features (added 2 MB to the rmskin!) :sly:
You can download it from here: Versa-Visualizer Info in PDF format
Added page up/page down arrows to style list (for those users without mouse wheels) :p
Added optional standby monitoring skins that reduce CPU load to zero when there is no sound :thumbup:

Devart download in first post updated... Enjoy!

@NoWay_To_Heaven
Still working on separating the left and right channels into separate skins... may not happen for a few months longer :x
Last edited by eclectic-tech on September 23rd, 2016, 5:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
NoWay_To_HeaVeN

Post by NoWay_To_HeaVeN »

bonjour,
Pour la séparation L/R, ce n'est pas non plus d'une urgence extrême.
Encore une fois, merci pour ce travail... je n'arrive pas à me lasser de ton skin.

Google translate
Hello,
To separate L / R, it is not an extreme emergency.
Again, thank you for this work ... I can not seem to get tired of your skin.
eclectic-tech
Rainmeter Sage

Post by eclectic-tech »

Merci beaucoup!

Thank you very much!
Also trying to find time to create and upload a few video demos... :?
eclectic-tech
Rainmeter Sage

Post by eclectic-tech »

Update!

I finally took the time to add a few new features...
  • Added a Minimum Shape Color 'Intensity' setting
    - Originally the shape color intensity was driven solely by the audio level, so low level sounds did not show with the same intese color of louder sounds
    - You can set a minimum color level for shapes. The intensity of the color will still be increased until the sounds reach maximum level
    - If set to 255, then shapes are full color intensity and will resize based on sound levels
    - At zero (original value), the color intensity and size are both controlled by sound levels
  • 'Outer Ring Size' is now 'Shape Size' and 'Inner Ring' is now a 'Threshold' Level setting
    - Outer Ring Size' actually set the 'Shape Size', so I renamed it in the Editors
    - Modified the effect of the 'Inner Ring Size' setting; changed it to a 'Threshold' setting
    - For Bars this sets the 'crossover' value so bars will be below and above based on the sound level (The bars will appear to flip from low side to high side)
    - For Circular shapes this sets a crossover level along the diameter; the border will move outward, increasing the inside diameter of a circle the size of the threshold value. When the threshold is reached, the color will fill from the threshold to the current border sound level (It will appear as 2 types of rings)
    - Optimal setting is about 1/3 ~ 1/4 of the Shape Size setting
  • Added Border Alpha setting
    - The color intensity of the border image can be set (originally a static value of '245')
  • Added Vertical positioning for Circle visualizer
    - Sometimes the Circular visualizer could not be positioned high enough on the screen (Windows will not let a skin be placed above the top of the screen, even with 'Keep On Screen' disabled), using the V Position setting, the placement can be improved
  • Added Preset Centering via middle mouse click of <Centering> or <V Position> setting
    - Each visualizer style may require a unique centering value; a middle click should get you close to the average center for each visualizer version. Scrolling the mouse over those meters will fine tune the centering of each style.
I think the visualizers look better with the new minimum Intensity setting and the Threshold features!
I hope you agree! 8-)

Comments and/or suggestions always welcomed
eclectic-tech
Rainmeter Sage

Post by eclectic-tech »

Posted an update today...

Added a new Spin Beat Reverse animation to the Circle version
Will reverse the spin direction in time to the beat! 8-)

Modded the Circle context menu to have 7 beat animation selections, instead of only 2... (Mimics the other 2 versions) :thumbup:
Modded all setting skins to a 'dark grey' background (removed color based on current scheme :vomit: )

EDIT: A couple of changes 1 day later... v 1.2017.01.14
Added an option to toggle gradient colors / single color bars via context menus
Corrected pause status display on vertical version

Enjoy!