It is currently March 28th, 2024, 12:47 pm

illustro Gadgets 1.0.0

A package of skins with a "theme" or by a single author
raiguard

Re: illustro Gadgets 1.0.0

Post by raiguard »

jslegers wrote:How will it be named so I can watch out voor it.
It'll be called ModernGadgets. If you want, you can check out the GitHub repository linked in my signature. I should be done with it by the end of the month.
jslegers

Post by jslegers »

iamanai wrote:It'll be called ModernGadgets. If you want, you can check out the GitHub repository linked in my signature. I should be done with it by the end of the month.
Is the new version ready :-)
raiguard

Post by raiguard »

jslegers wrote:Is the new version ready :-)
Not completely. Some personal crap happened, so I haven't been able to finish it off in the time frame I had set. The gadgets themselves are pretty much complete, but the configuration skins still need lots of work.

If you want to be a tester to get the gadgets early you can find my github in my signature.
te7

Post by te7 »

Thanks for the wonderful Modern Gadgets. I was on Rainmeter 3.21, but updated to 4.0 to use your gadgets. Everything worked out of the box but had to manually set HWInfo id's for motherboard and CPU fan. Everything working fine. Thanks !

Just a note: In the HWConfig Tool for the CPU, if you just copy and paste a sensor id into the setting and then refresh the gadget, it doesn't work. You have to paste the new sensor id value into the setting for the motherboard id setting, then hit ENTER on your keyboard. That wasn't intuitive. I had to figure it out. Maybe a small note on the CPU gadget config tool would help.
raiguard

Post by raiguard »

te7 wrote:Thanks for the wonderful Modern Gadgets. I was on Rainmeter 3.21, but updated to 4.0 to use your gadgets. Everything worked out of the box but had to manually set HWInfo id's for motherboard and CPU fan. Everything working fine. Thanks !

Just a note: In the HWConfig Tool for the CPU, if you just copy and paste a sensor id into the setting and then refresh the gadget, it doesn't work. You have to paste the new sensor id value into the setting for the motherboard id setting, then hit ENTER on your keyboard. That wasn't intuitive. I had to figure it out. Maybe a small note on the CPU gadget config tool would help.
First off: You replied to the wrong forum post. ;)

The pressing enter thing is unavoidable. That's just how the InputText plugin works. I've literally never had anyone else complain about that. I'll think about it.
cnone

Post by cnone »

Hello,

I am a big fan of illustro skins and your drive meter skin is the best as it is combined. I have 5 internal drives and 2 network drives. I have tried to edit the skin to reflect the nw drives with the drive letters in skin settings but no success. The skin doesn't detect the nw drives i think. I know that you are not working on this skin anymore but I have to ask: is it possible to add the nw drives to the drive meters skin?

Thanks for all the work you have done so far.
raiguard

Post by raiguard »

cnone wrote:Hello,

I am a big fan of illustro skins and your drive meter skin is the best as it is combined. I have 5 internal drives and 2 network drives. I have tried to edit the skin to reflect the nw drives with the drive letters in skin settings but no success. The skin doesn't detect the nw drives i think. I know that you are not working on this skin anymore but I have to ask: is it possible to add the nw drives to the drive meters skin?

Thanks for all the work you have done so far.
Wow, I didn’t think anyone used iG anymore.

Thr Drives Meter in iG only supports Disks C-L. If your network drives are in other disk slots from those, then they will not show up by default.

To get them to display, you need to edit the variables file for Drives Meter. It should be in the @Resources folder in iG’s skins folder. In that file there are variables called ‘d01’, ‘d02’, and so on. You can change these values to display the disk letters that you want.

Due to a mistake on my part, you will also need to edit the name meters for the disks that you change to display the correct drive letter.

If you have any other questions feel free to ask.
cnone

Post by cnone »

raiguard wrote:Wow, I didn’t think anyone used iG anymore.

Thr Drives Meter in iG only supports Disks C-L. If your network drives are in other disk slots from those, then they will not show up by default.

To get them to display, you need to edit the variables file for Drives Meter. It should be in the @Resources folder in iG’s skins folder. In that file there are variables called ‘d01’, ‘d02’, and so on. You can change these values to display the disk letters that you want.

Due to a mistake on my part, you will also need to edit the name meters for the disks that you change to display the correct drive letter.

If you have any other questions feel free to ask.
Thank you for the fast reply,

My question is actually about mapped network drives. I have tried to change the variables as per your instructions but no luck. I have even tried to map the drive on letter "K" as it is supported by IG by default and nothing changed. Am I missing something or IG drive meter doesn't support mapped drives at all?
raiguard

Post by raiguard »

cnone wrote:Thank you for the fast reply,

My question is actually about mapped network drives. I have tried to change the variables as per your instructions but no luck. I have even tried to map the drive on letter "K" as it is supported by IG by default and nothing changed. Am I missing something or IG drive meter doesn't support mapped drives at all?
If it’s not working then you’re out of luck. Drives Meter uses the FreeDiskSpace plugin to detect drives. If the drive isn’t showing up, it’s not being detected by FreeDiskSpace and there’s nothing I can do about it. Sorry. :(
cnone

Post by cnone »

raiguard wrote:If it’s not working then you’re out of luck. Drives Meter uses the FreeDiskSpace plugin to detect drives. If the drive isn’t showing up, it’s not being detected by FreeDiskSpace and there’s nothing I can do about it. Sorry. :(
Looks like the plugin cant detect the drives then. Anyways thank you again mate :)