It is currently March 28th, 2024, 12:09 pm

illustro Gadgets 1.0.0

A package of skins with a "theme" or by a single author
raiguard

illustro Gadgets 1.0.0

Post by raiguard »

ILLUSTRO GADGETS HAS BEEN REPLACED BY MODERNGADGETS.

illustro Gadgets is a collection of the most popular AddGadgets.com system monitoring gadgets, restyled in the theme of illustro. It is based heavily on SIlverAzide's Gadgets replicas.

Included in the suite are the All CPU Meter, Network meter, GPU Meter (with a Dual GPU Meter variant) and Drives Meter. Also included is a settings skin, which can be accessed by clicking the settings button on any of the four gadgets. This settings skin allows you to view information about the suite, configure gadget settings, and configure HWiNFO sensor IDs.
Attributions:
- SilverAzide, for "Gadgets" and the ActiveNet plugin
- Stangowner, for the HWiNFO plugin
---------- Requirements ----------
Rainmeter 3.3 is required to install this skin suite. To view CPU core temperatures, CPU fan speed, and GPU information you need to install HWiNFO (download here). HWiNFO is a free system monitoring tool that works on a variety of systems. To configure HWiNFO for illustro Gadgets, see the instructions included with the skin pack. Please note that not all computers will have the same sensors, and so some features may not be available on your system.
---------- Changelog ----------
v1.0.0 - 2016-1-20
Additions:
- Made some confusing settings more descriptive
- Added disk capacity warning settings to drives meter settings page
Changes:
- Changed All CPU Meter name / clock speed settings to reflect v0.8.0 changes
- Updated changelog date formatting, conforming it to the widely-accepted standard for changelogs
Fixes:
- Fixed a mistake in the update checker that caused it to not actually display the new version number
- Fixed small typo in changelog for v0.8.0

v0.8.2 - 2016-1-9
General Additions / Changes:
- Actually updated HWiNFO plugin to v3.0.0
- Updated ActiveNet plugin to v2.5.1

v0.8.1 - 2016-1-2
- Updated HWiNFO plugin to 3.0.0
- Removed versionAbsolute variable

v0.8.0 - 2016-1-1
- Combined all colors with their alpha values
- Implemented changing of alpha values using the bars in settings skin color pickers
- Added custom LUA script to separate RGB values from their alphas
- Changed coloring mechanics in all gadgets to reflect the above changes
- Updated update checker to get rid of versionAbsolute variable
- Moved settings skin readme link to the sidebar, replaced previous location with DeviantArt link
All CPU Meter:
- Separated CPU name from clock speed, moved clock speed to bottom
- Fixed 'extra operation' errors
GPU Meter:
- Added GPU name to single GPU meter
- Implemented proper settings support for dual GPU meter
- Added memory controller usage bar
- Added Shader Clock information
- Fixed inconsistency with memory fraction on single GPU meter (was bolded, changed to normal)
- Fixed mistake in Dual GPU Meter that would cause GPU 1's name to display as GPU 0's name instead
Drives Meter:
- Implemented proper support for long drive names
- Added drive capacity warnings
- Fixed more copy/paste mistakes

v0.7.1 - 2015-12-7
Settings:
- Added ability to middle-click on HWiNFOConfig.inc's file path to reset it to the default value
Bug fixes:
- Corrected the default value of HWiNFOConfig.inc's file path so it will automatically work on any computer
- Changed hard-coded file path of the settings skin (for gadget settings buttons) to use #ROOTCONFIG#
- Fixed a mistake causing the GPU usage and memory usage lines in GPU meter to not display accurately
- Fixed mistake in Dual GPU Meter that would incorrectly size the background when you hide the line graph
- Updated v0.7.0's changelog in the readme file to the version currently on the Rainmeter Forums

v0.7.0 - 2015-12-6
UI (all skins):
- Increased row spacing by 1 pixel, and lowered bars from text by 1 pixel
- Fixed row relative positioning so the 'rowYOffset' variable actually has meaning
- Removed hover effect for buttons (it causes too much lag when the gadgets refresh)
- Slightly repositioned the settings button, to align better with the title text
- Fixed slight overlap on some of the graphs
- Made space under the line graphs consistent across the skins
- Changed bar background color and graph background color to be dimmer
- Removed "about" button
- Graph lines are no longer antialiased by default (can be changed back)
Code cleanup:
- Simplified overly complicated positioning equations
- Separated out HWiNFO sensor IDs from settings files, combined into a separate file
- Simplified background, making use of ScaleMargins to eliminate warping and combined into 1 meter
- Removed AllCpuMeterConfig.lua (unused)
- Began combining colors and opacities
- Changed variable naming scheme (again)
Settings:
- Merged the about skin and all settings skins into new unified skin
- Added an update checker and external links to the about (now "welcome") screen
- Added option to disable antialiasing on graph lines (more accurate, but less pretty)
- Implemented ability to change the location of the HWiNFO config file using RainFile (so you don't lose your configs when updating the skin pack)
- Implemented more coloring options (main font colors, graph backgrounds, buttons, etc.)
- Changed color selectors to be prettier, and incorporate opacity (heavily based on the one from
"Circuitrous" by Flying Hyrax)
All CPU Meter:
- Moved fan info to above CPU cores, changed to regular display (label, percentage, value, bar)
- Moved CPU clock to top, separated from fan speed
- Added CPU name to top-right, can be disabled individually from clock speed in advanced settings
- Fully removed support for CoreTemp and SpeedFan
Network Meter:
- Increased opacity of arrows to match those on Drives Meter
GPU Meter:
- Added memory used / total memory fraction to the memory usage row
- Added dual GPU meter variant (select from rainmeter's context menu)
- Fixed copy/paste error in the metadata section
Drives Meter:
- Fixed flaw in the line graph that would cause a line to not scale itself in relation to the other lines

v0.6.3 - 2015-11-6
Readme.txt:
- Backported v0.7.0-d.4 format updating to be more aesthetically pleasing on GitHub
- Reworded some things
- Fixed changelog dates to be "normal"
Drives Meter:
- Backported fixes from v0.7.0-d.2 to correct copy/paste errors with the L drive's meters

v0.6.2 - 2015-10-10
Drives Meter:
- Fixed more mistakes that broke the functionality of the E drive's information

v0.6.1 - 2015-10-9
Drives Meter:
- Corrected some copy/paste errors made when creating meters for E drive

v0.6.0 - 2015-10-4
Drives Meter:
- Shows Name, Disk Read Time Percentage, Read/Write Speeds, and storage used / capacity for each hard drive or removable disk connected to slots C-L
- Will automatically adjust when you plug in/unplug a drive, changing the size of the skin to accomodate for the new information
- Line graph shows read/write activity for each disk
- Histogram shows read/write time (also displayed by the percentage across from the disk's name)
- Settings let you show/hide the line graph or histogram, select if you want to hide certain drives, and customize colors
Code Cleanup:
- Cleaned up All CPU Meter's main section code, placing meters by row rather than by type
- Removed All CPU Meter's support for CoreTemp and SpeedFan in favor of HWiNFO
- Added more settings to Network Meter and GPU Meter
- Fixed mistake in GPU Meter's settings skin that broke middle-click-to-default functionality for the checkboxes
- Preparation for mass code cleanup to take place in v0.7 and v0.8

v0.5.1 - 2015-9-13
All CPU Meter:
- Added support for HWiNFO core temps and fan speed
- Implemented HWiNFO configuration into settings skin
- Made all color options always visible (HWiNFO settings made it extremely difficult to adapt per-CPU)
Code Cleanup:
- Merged core temp meters, cutting 16 extraneous meters from the All CPU Meter skin
- Began optimizing code, in preparation for final release and to make drives meter easier to implement
Notes:
- Auto-detection of system monitoring software is currently broken. Implemented a temporary workaround in All CPU Meter's settings skin

v0.5.0 - 2015-9-12
GPU Meter:
- Monitors your graphics card usage, clock speed, temperature
- Gives information about memory clock speed, memory usage, fan speed and usage, memory controller usage, and core voltage
- Requires HWiNFO
- Settings skin has tools for configuring the skin to work with HWiNFO as well as color customization

v0.4.1 - 2015-8-20
Changed how Network Meter reads the internal I.P. address (It is now REQUIRED to have Rainmeter 3.3 Beta
installed to make this work properly)
Fixed a flaw with All CPU Meter that messed up snapping other skins below it.

v0.4.0 - 2015-8-19
Code cleanup:
- Created a global variables .inc file to share variables between skins
- Moved more positioning numbers to variables for easy debugging
- Got rid of unneccesary variables
- Simplified background positioning
General UI Cleanup:
- Changed button code to be more clickable and include a fancy visual change when hovering over a button and clicking on it
- Increased resolution of images and used Rainmeter to downscale them, increasing quality and preparing for future features
- Changed color of graph background and color customization number input backgrounds to be more visible
- Added degree symbols to the core temperatures (I was using the wrong file format for the skin files, so these weren't possible before)
All CPU Meter:
- Changed behavior of opening task manager to a double-click anywhere on the gadget
All CPU Meter Settings:
- Added the ability to show/hide the graph, as well as show/hide the clock and fan speed info
New "About" skin:
- Gives information about the skin pack
- Provides a link to the Readme file
ActiveNet Plugin:
- Added the ActiveNet Plugin for use with Network Meter
- Requires .NET Framework v4.5 or later to function properly
Network Meter:
- Added Network Meter (uses the ActiveNet Plugin)
- NOTE: To configure the Network Meter, follow this link: http://comments.deviantart.com/1/522574269/3808722511

v0.3.0 - 2015-8-5
Added support for core temperatures using CoreTemp or SpeedFan
Some code cleanup
Implemented settings skin (incomplete)
Settings:
- Show/hide page file info
- Show only average CPU usage on the graph
- Show/hide core temperatures
- Choose either Fahrenheit or Celsius for core temps
- Customize colors of each bar and its corresponding line on the graph

v0.2.0 - 2015-8-2
Added All CPU Meter
Last edited by raiguard on June 1st, 2019, 5:51 pm, edited 75 times in total.
raiguard

Re: illustro Gadgets v0.3 (WIP) - All CPU Meter, more to com

Post by raiguard »

NOTICE: I cannot test anything beyond the first 4 cores, so if anyone has any issues with readings etc. please let me know by replying!

v0.3 05-8-2015:
  • Added support for core temperatures using CoreTemp or SpeedFan
    Some code cleanup
    Implemented settings skin (incomplete)
    Settings:
    - Show/hide page file info
    - Show only average CPU usage on the graph
    - Show/hide core temperatures
    - Choose either Fahrenheit or Celsius for core temps
    - Customize colors of each bar and its corresponding line on the graph
NOTES: To change between Fahrenheit / Celsius when using CoreTemp, you must go to CoreTemp itself and change the setting there as well. If you're using SpeedFan, it converts automatically.

The lack of a degrees symbol for the core temperatures is because whenever I try to put in the symbol, it displays it incorrectly. Can anybody fix this???

The current iteration of the settings skin is preliminary - I will be adding more thorough settings in the near future (individual show/hide of components, for example)

Right now there is a lot of copied code I still need to clean up, as well as some "cheaty" workarounds that are temporary. Before the official release I will be cleaning up all of this, but if you have performance issues please let me know!
SilverAzide
Rainmeter Sage

Post by SilverAzide »

Here's your gadget with 8 cores:

Looks good! I was able to add in the degree symbol... not sure why there is a problem?

Code: Select all

Text="%1° #tempUOM#"
raiguard

Post by raiguard »

SilverAzide wrote:Here's your gadget with 8 cores:

Looks good! I was able to add in the degree symbol... not sure why there is a problem?

Code: Select all

Text="%1° #tempUOM#"
I copied your provided text, but it's still giving me grief. Here's a screenshot:
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

Iamanai wrote: I copied your provided text, but it's still giving me grief. Here's a screenshot:
Simply change the encoding of your skin .ini file from UTF-8 (which it should never be with Rainmeter) to ANSI or UTF-16 Little Endian, and THEN paste in the ° character wherever you want it.
raiguard

Post by raiguard »

v0.4 is coming along, but will take a little time since I am going to be adding Network Meter. Since this is my first skin pack I still have a long ways to go with my coding skills, but future releases should come more steadily and with more changes/features as I improve. Once again, thanks for the support! It really means a lot.
Last edited by raiguard on November 5th, 2015, 9:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
raiguard

Post by raiguard »

jsmorley wrote:Simply change the encoding of your skin .ini file from UTF-8 (which it should never be with Rainmeter) to ANSI or UTF-16 Little Endian, and THEN paste in the ° character wherever you want it.
Thanks, all fixed now. I never realized it was encoding it like that, oops.
raiguard

Post by raiguard »

Download link on original post!

v0.4: 19-8-2015:
  • Code cleanup:
    - Created a global variables .inc file to share variables between skins
    - Moved more positioning numbers to variables for easy debugging
    - Got rid of unneccesary variables
    - Simplified background positioning
    General UI Cleanup:
    - Changed button code to be more clickable and include a fancy visual change when hovering over a button and clicking on it
    - Increased resolution of images and used Rainmeter to downscale them, increasing quality and preparing for future features
    - Changed color of graph background and color customization number input backgrounds to be more visible
    - Added degree symbols to the core temperatures (I was using the wrong file format for the skin files, so these weren't possible before)
    All CPU Meter:
    - Changed behavior of opening task manager to a double-click anywhere on the gadget
    All CPU Meter Settings:
    - Added the ability to show/hide the graph, as well as show/hide the clock and fan speed info
    New "About" skin:
    - Gives information about the skin pack
    - Provides a link to the Readme file
    ActiveNet Plugin:
    - Added the ActiveNet Plugin for use with Network Meter
    - Requires .NET Framework v4.5 or later to function properly
    Network Meter:
    - Added Network Meter (uses the ActiveNet Plugin)
    - NOTE: To configure the Network Meter, follow this link: http://comments.deviantart.com/1/522574269/3808722511
NOTE: For some strange reason, the Internal IP measure is outputting a blank value, both on my Network Meter and on SilverAzide's. I'm not sure if this is a fluke, or if it's just my computer, but if it works for anyone else please let me know!
Last edited by raiguard on August 20th, 2015, 3:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
SilverAzide
Rainmeter Sage

Re: illustro Gadgets v0.4 (WIP) - Based on SilverAzide's Gad

Post by SilverAzide »

Very very nice! :thumbup:

Sorry to hear you are having issues with missing the internal IP address. Is the ActiveNet plugin returning the adapter name, or is the name blank also? If it is blank too, does changing the Index parameter on the measure have any effect (in case you have multiple adapters)?

If you still get blanks, then this is most likely due to your hardware (sort of). The ActiveNet plugin attempts to filter out virtual adapter interfaces by using a trick to exclude any network adapter that does not support unicast addresses. Unfortunately, it is possible that a real adapter does not support these either, and thus will be excluded.

A better solution is to use Rainmeter 3.3 beta and it's new "Best" setting. Use this new feature to get the IP address and adapter name, and then use ActiveNet for everything else. I will have a new version of ActiveNet (and a revised network gadget) when RM 3.3 comes out.

Until then, if you use RM 3.2.x, you can use the SysInfo measure to get the IP address and adapter name, though these have their own issues.
raiguard

Re: illustro Gadgets v0.4 (WIP) - Based on SilverAzide's Gad

Post by raiguard »

SilverAzide wrote:Very very nice! :thumbup:

Sorry to hear you are having issues with missing the internal IP address. Is the ActiveNet plugin returning the adapter name, or is the name blank also? If it is blank too, does changing the Index parameter on the measure have any effect (in case you have multiple adapters)?

If you still get blanks, then this is most likely due to your hardware (sort of). The ActiveNet plugin attempts to filter out virtual adapter interfaces by using a trick to exclude any network adapter that does not support unicast addresses. Unfortunately, it is possible that a real adapter does not support these either, and thus will be excluded.

A better solution is to use Rainmeter 3.3 beta and it's new "Best" setting. Use this new feature to get the IP address and adapter name, and then use ActiveNet for everything else. I will have a new version of ActiveNet (and a revised network gadget) when RM 3.3 comes out.

Until then, if you use RM 3.2.x, you can use the SysInfo measure to get the IP address and adapter name, though these have their own issues.
Thanks for the kind word.

I can't test it right now because I'm currently not home (I'm still in high school) but when I get home I will check the adapter name measure. I am developing this on RM 3.3 Beta (you can see that I'm the About skin) and I will try your suggestions. Thanks for your help!